Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
level your talents people :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
More importantly, level up your weapons. It's not just any atk, it's BASE atk.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Give him a geo damage goblet. It'll be a huge improvement. You won't miss the extra shield if you're wielding a black tassel. It's the same main stat artifacts I have him with. I use him as a shielder, much like you, but the tradeoff for damage with a geo goblet is well worth it and won't be noticed.

If you have the catch, it'll be great on him. That or a deathmatch if you're not f2p and have no 5 star spears. A flower with some better crit stats is desired, but that'll depend on who else you're looking to raise. Usually the flower and feather are where you can be choosier with substats, and you can get alot of improvement on those two. Again, it also depend on how much of your life you want to spend grinding artifacts. Definitely take both his skills to 8 if you're using an offensive spear.

Yeah, I only upgrade him like once a year or so, mostly because I don't have too much reason to grab more pale flame (I think I might want some for fischl or something, so it's on my tragicly large list of "domains to dig through." Artifacts have rather taken a backseat to talents, since I keep digging someone up to use for whatever reason and then realizing their talents are all lv 3.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I usually go artifacts first because those are RNG tied, whereas weapon mats/talent mats are less so :colbert:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Mix. posted:

I usually go artifacts first because those are RNG tied, whereas weapon mats/talent mats are less so :colbert:
Weapon and talent mats have day-of-week restrictions; you can do artifacts on the other days. Also you will never find perfect artifacts anyway.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Give him a geo damage goblet. It'll be a huge improvement. You won't miss the extra shield if you're wielding a black tassel. It's the same main stat artifacts I have him with. I use him as a shielder, much like you, but the tradeoff for damage with a geo goblet is well worth it and won't be noticed.

I'll give it a try. And yeah talents are a work in progress. But at least the two other characters I'm working on atm are Kuki and Kokomi, (and then hopefully Eula), so I am going to be in tenacity/flame domain for a long time.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Incoherence posted:

Weapon and talent mats have day-of-week restrictions; you can do artifacts on the other days. Also you will never find perfect artifacts anyway.

Talents are also weekly-locked with the drat Trounce domain mats :argh:

i'm sure day 1 players have them stockpiled to Celestia but I started in 2022 so..yeah. the struggle is real

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Excelzior posted:

Talents are also weekly-locked with the drat Trounce domain mats :argh:

i'm sure day 1 players have them stockpiled to Celestia but I started in 2022 so..yeah. the struggle is real

lol, lmao

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Garrand posted:

lol, lmao

:eyepop:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Garrand posted:

lol, lmao

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Garrand posted:

lol, lmao

How the hell do you only have one flame seed, I've got 100 just from needing the fire crystals.

Also: wtf :eyepop:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Went to go get my screen shot to compare, but I leveled too many characters and used a bunch up.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Zenostein posted:

How the hell do you only have one flame seed, I've got 100 just from needing the fire crystals.

Also: wtf :eyepop:

I've never needed to farm those bosses for gems, i've either just had enough or converted from something I had excess of. Also, before 3.0 dropped i made sure to finish 80/90'ing all of my people.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

On one hand, artifact RNG. On the other, the bleeping Mondstadt talent domain.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You can get all the talent books or weapon mats in like a day or two, while getting perfect artifacts take infinite time, so I like to get the smaller goals done first.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Traveller posted:

On one hand, artifact RNG. On the other, the bleeping Mondstadt talent domain.

Come join goons in discord

makes the domain 10x more fun

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've got a guarantee in the bank from losing the 50-50 on Zhongli. My plan is to spend it on Kokomi, which will let me fish for Candace without the risk of burning it on a 5-star I'm not that interested in, and also earn me enough glitter to buy Ningguang unless I get extremely lucky on both of them. Now, there's like zero chance of Kazuha, Raiden or Ayaka making a surprise reappearance in 3.1, right? They're the only three who could make me change my plan. I know I only have to wait like a week for 100% confirmation, but it seems very unlikely and my trigger finger's getting itchy.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kazuha was just rerun, Raiden is speculated to come in 3.3, and Ayaka had an extra long banner a few months ago, so pretty much.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

gandlethorpe posted:

Not if you're Sucrose

ninjoatse.cx posted:

level your talents people :colbert:
Rate my Sucrose?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I get basic artifacts (on set with decent enough mainstats) and then level talents after that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

ATK goblet? :psyduck:

That better be because of abysmal EM drop rates

If so, I appreciate the dedication to not leveling her talents despite having more ATK than a typical Sucrose

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Incoherence posted:

Also you will never find perfect artifacts anyway.

Found these within about a week of each other, pretty sure I've hosed over my artifact rng for a year

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Kazuha was just rerun, Raiden is speculated to come in 3.3, and Ayaka had an extra long banner a few months ago, so pretty much.
I went for it. She showed up after only 40 rolls, but not before I secured Dori, a constellation for Xingqiu, and a 4-star guarantee to help with Candace when the time comes. Impeccable timing, as expected of a master strategist.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have obtained one Mona from bad Fates and I am tempted to build her now because I am easily distracted by new units even though I just got Ganyu and she isn't built yet. Suffering from Gacha success.

When did Mona get a new outfit and why do I have it? It is much better and I like it.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Hellioning posted:

When did Mona get a new outfit and why do I have it? It is much better and I like it.

Theory is that someone in the CCP took a look at some of the characters and demanded censorship for them. Same thing happened to Rosaria, Jean, and Amber.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BlackPersona posted:

Theory is that someone in the CCP took a look at some of the characters and demanded censorship for them. Same thing happened to Rosaria, Jean, and Amber.

Huh. Strange that those are problems but not, like. Any of the other five million scantily clan people in this game.

Oh well cool new outfits.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hellioning posted:

Huh. Strange that those are problems but not, like. Any of the other five million scantily clan people in this game.

Oh well cool new outfits.

Might be certain ones crossed the line, or just got noticed. Like they actually drew in Amber's butt cheeks half hanging out of her shorts on the old skin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the rumor is that those specific ones got mass-reported to the chinese government, and genshin was able to escape any further notice by quickly and obediently censoring them.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hellioning posted:

I have obtained one Mona from bad Fates and I am tempted to build her now because I am easily distracted by new units even though I just got Ganyu and she isn't built yet. Suffering from Gacha success.

I was sorta wondering if you'd get both if you got her after the skin had been added, good to know.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It was definitely a rush censorship because the China servers got a half-finished clump of polygon mess that players were forced to use for half a patch before the finished current product was done.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh, I wondered why Amber had a random alternate outfit that's almost indistinguishable from her normal one. I figured it was some promotional thing like the alternate wings. Cool that they give international players the option to choose whichever you like, instead of being forced into one or the other.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How is Dori? I haven't rolled on her, since I don't want anything else on the banners. Seems like she fills a somewhat similar niche to Shinobu.

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

The real endgame is running around the overworld with Yelen one-shotting everything with 30-60k hits from her E.

This is part of why her C1 seems like the best C1 of any character I've ever used (granted I don't have C1 for the vast majority of my 5*s, but on paper they don't sound nearly as good).

It's just a complete game-changer. Not only does it do a ton of damage (and it's very simple to just quickly tap it twice against single large boss enemies), but it dramatically ups her energy generation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

doris basically an even more niche version of kuki. if you dont actually care that much about electro application or it being a ton of healing, just enough to keep you up, and are willing to stack her up with ER to get some minor ER on your other characters, shes your girl.

the list of situations where you want this is basically just 'you are eula lawrence'

she also has some experimental usage due to self-applying electro with her burst, which means you can use her for an electro version of sunfire jean.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

How is Dori? I haven't rolled on her, since I don't want anything else on the banners. Seems like she fills a somewhat similar niche to Shinobu.

Painfully mediocre, but I think she should have potential if hyperbloom ever becomes meta. She fills multiple roles, but doesn't really excel at any of them and is pulled in multiple stat directions. Her battery amounts to 15 energy total across the entire team on a 20 second cooldown. It doesn't scale, thankfully, but she wants ER to be able to use it often. She also wants HP to be a decent healer, and EM if she wants to do reaction damage. Her talent damage scales with ATK, but I don't see the point of building it.

Each of her constellations does look like a significant jump in improvement, though. C1 boosts her Electro application a tad. I had initially thought C2 was useless, but supposedly it does deal Electro damage despite not being specified. C4 boosts her healing and batterying. At C6, she gets another boost to her healing, and I'm sure the infusion can allow her to do some neat tricks

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Pull the other one, mate. We both know you won't lift a finger to help me until your banner comes back around.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Ytlaya posted:

This is part of why her C1 seems like the best C1 of any character I've ever used (granted I don't have C1 for the vast majority of my 5*s, but on paper they don't sound nearly as good).

It's just a complete game-changer. Not only does it do a ton of damage (and it's very simple to just quickly tap it twice against single large boss enemies), but it dramatically ups her energy generation.

Definitely pulling for a lucky C1 whenever she reruns. Kazuha's C1 works in a similarish way, burst resets skill. It really makes a huge difference with energy regen, plus double suction is fantastic for spread out groups.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:stonk: HEY WHEN DID THEY ADD RIFTWOLVES TO MONDSTADT I JUST WANTED SOME LAMP GRASS

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://sensortower.com/blog/top-mobile-games-by-worldwide-revenue-august-2022

Wow even with the soft exit with Yoimiya rerun in 2.8 and the soft entry to 3.0 with Tighnari who is going in the standard banner and a 3rd rerun of Zhongli Genshin still manages to stay in the top 3 grossing mobile titles. Thats....wow.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

valuum posted:

Definitely pulling for a lucky C1 whenever she reruns. Kazuha's C1 works in a similarish way, burst resets skill. It really makes a huge difference with energy regen, plus double suction is fantastic for spread out groups.

Same. She one shots everyone she crits, and most of those she doesn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Mix. posted:

:stonk: HEY WHEN DID THEY ADD RIFTWOLVES TO MONDSTADT I JUST WANTED SOME LAMP GRASS

Sometime around patch 2.4 I think. Now Razors whole quest bit about strange not wolves turning up in wolvendom now makes more sense seeing as they are now there lol.