Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Pepperoni pizza combos were the only worthwhile ones and remain so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

uber_stoat posted:

for the curious they said its water with lemon and lentils, black rice, and chicken. reasonable meal that just happens to look like p n p.

Mmm, water with lemon and lentils, just like momma used to make.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Grand Fromage posted:

Pepperoni pizza combos were the only worthwhile ones and remain so.
Pizza PRETZEL combos are the winner, the shameful loser cracker ones should retire before they embarrass themselves further.

I used to love Pizzarias and...gently caress what where the potato skin ones. Tater skins?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SLOSifl posted:

Pizza PRETZEL combos are the winner, the shameful loser cracker ones should retire before they embarrass themselves further.

I used to love Pizzarias and...gently caress what where the potato skin ones. Tater skins?

TATO skins

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SLOSifl posted:

OH poo poo Tato Skins were legit as hell.

it was similar to having a bag format of pringles

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Ah that's the one gently caress yeah.

I'm old and was definitely thinking of the Keebler branded ones. But the non-VHS alternate reality version makes me wonder if they still exist. Anymore thought on this and I might have to call google and get some answers.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Sep 13, 2022

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Tato Skins were awesome.

Combos don't exist, unless you're at a gas station on a long road trip. A liminal snack.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LifeSunDeath posted:

OH poo poo Tato Skins were legit as hell.

it was similar to having a bag format of pringles

Brawnfire posted:

Having severe cravings for Keebler Tato Skins

Yeah, those were great

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Apparently you can still get the TGI Friday's version: https://www.amazon.com/TGI-Fridays-Potato-Chips-Cheddar/dp/B07CTZF67N/

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It's not the same, unfortunately. Tato Skins had more of a potato dust flavor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Brawnfire posted:

Tato Skins had more of a potato dust flavor

It's called dirt

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How about ...

Mister Philips Pretzel Chilips

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's called dirt

Taste the geosmin!

Data Graham posted:

How about ...

Mister Philips Pretzel Chilips

This is an incredibly satisfying snack name to say aloud.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i haven't been able to enjoy Mr. Phipps since the eponymous Mr. Phipps died in a tragic pretzel boiling accident. he always demanded to boil them all personally and eventually his luck ran out.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Brawnfire posted:

Taste the geosmin!

This is an incredibly satisfying snack name to say aloud.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

e: I was the weird kid who liked Arch Deluxe burgers back in the day, despite the "adult" branding.

:same:

So much so, that I avoided the Big N Tasty out of spite because that replaced the Arch Deluxe. Yet, here I am, not having eaten anything from McDonald’s in nigh on 21 years because I got sick of being sick every single time I’d eaten there one year, though nowadays it’s just out of stubbornness.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I am enraged at how much this doesn't flow correctly.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

rydiafan posted:

I know it doesn't work great, but the idea popped into my head and here we are.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Just had some pizza pringles and ngl, they taste pretty close to those pizzeria chips, but not as crunchy.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Zero_Grade posted:

I know it doesn't work great, but the idea popped into my head and here we are.

toss a hyphen or two in there and it should work a bunch better

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

rydiafan posted:

Mister Phipps's Pretzel Chipses

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

very distressed by how this doesn't work with the theme song. this got reported for (paraphrasing) "demanding readers to pronounce the last word as 'chi-eeps' " i ought to perma you for this. am mad.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

this is a crime

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ok, this looks bad and I'm sure it would taste bad. But you CAN cook watermelon in a marinade that, when cooked, makes it taste almost exactly like salmon. It's so goddamn weird.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Samovar posted:

Ok, this looks bad and I'm sure it would taste bad. But you CAN cook watermelon in a marinade that, when cooked, makes it taste almost exactly like salmon. It's so goddamn weird.

I hate this idea because salmon smells kinda fruity when it's starting to go bad. Pretty sure you just triggered some previously forgotten ptsd from old kitchen work.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I didn't know that "watermelon is delicious" is controversial to the extent that people have developed techniques for making it taste like things that aren't as delicious

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I love me some piping hot watermelon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CommonShore posted:

I didn't know that "watermelon is delicious" is controversial to the extent that people have developed techniques for making it taste like things that aren't as delicious

I dont really like watermelon but i solve this by eating other fruits instead

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hotermelon

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Samovar posted:

This actually whips rear end, I've done it before. You can also vacuum seal cut watermelon with flavored syrups (like jalapeño) and it forces it into the melon and makes it taste incredible.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I absolutely loved spaghetti o's as a kid and when I tried it as an adult it was super gross. Even with added cheese. I also used to eat water chestnuts straight out the can and I would dip American cheese in ketchup so I had some weird tastes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dixville posted:

I absolutely loved spaghetti o's as a kid and when I tried it as an adult it was super gross.

But have you tried Chef Boyardee, the canned pasta shapes for discerning adult tastes? :chord:

(I tried them a while back out of nostalgic curiosity, and they're both terrible of course. Spaghetti-O's are just mushy pasta in tomato corn syrup, Chef Boyardee at least attempts to have some seasoning in its sauce but it's right there in the same ballpark)

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

chef boyardee overstuffed ravioli is where it's at

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

But have you tried Chef Boyardee, the canned pasta shapes for discerning adult tastes? :chord:

(I tried them a while back out of nostalgic curiosity, and they're both terrible of course. Spaghetti-O's are just mushy pasta in tomato corn syrup, Chef Boyardee at least attempts to have some seasoning in its sauce but it's right there in the same ballpark)

I kinda like them sometimes for Breakfast. I just turn on a movie and go to town on some Spaghetti-o's or Boyardee Ravioli, because I'm an animal

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Chef Boyardee raised me when my mother abandoned me. i owe him a Life Debt.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Hillbilly Holler is a great name i want to drink that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993