Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Seltzer posted:

If you dont have gamepass get gamepass

Yeah this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Does anyone still play Fall Guys? They're starting their second season and it's space themed and I'm very excited for it.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

i keep redeemimg perks for it but have yet to fire it up. but i need a new morning game

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

1glitch0 posted:

Does anyone still play Fall Guys? They're starting their second season and it's space themed and I'm very excited for it.

A few of my friends play it a couple of times a month. The game is great fun but only for about an hour a week.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fail Guys

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Scuba Trooper posted:

i keep redeemimg perks for it but have yet to fire it up. but i need a new morning game

I thought I'd get sick of it quickly but I play it in the morning pretty much every day now. It's definitely a waking up/going to sleep game.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm really thinking about getting the Deathsmiles collection. I got the original 360 port at Alco because I wanted to try something different. I always wanted to play the second one but they didn't have a localized version.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Don't care, buying both, Power Weapons on Complex :getin:

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fJ8JNtxw8w

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 14, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

The latter. You're not required to be a magpie, though it is a reliable way to abuse the time loop.

Yeah its only a bummer cause its the path of least resistance and almost always an option.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

1glitch0 posted:

I got a friend who plays it a ton so he bugged me to join him now that it's free to play and I'm enjoying it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only thing that will suck about the Xbox version really, is that I can't use the wireless N64 controller for Switch, on my Xbox.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

elf help book posted:

I got a friend who plays it a ton so he bugged me to join him now that it's free to play and I'm enjoying it

Sweet. I never hear much about it so it's good to see other people are still around

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

1glitch0 posted:

Sweet. I never hear much about it so it's good to see other people are still around

It's wildly popular and has tens of millions of players at any given moment, I believe

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I started playing Fall Guys since they went free, currently playing about an hour a day for the dailies to get the shop currency. Trying to get that achievement for buying 50 items from the shop.

New season looks pretty good, it'll be a nice change of scenery.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

drat, the tentacles of the Xbox One are long as gently caress. RGG Studios announced some more details about the next mainline Yakuza game, which won't release until sometime in 2024 and, at this time, will be launched on Xbox One as well as Series. They also announced a "Gaiden" game to fill in some blanks about what Kiryu was doing around the events of Like A Dragon. It'll be around half the length of a typical Yakuza game and will release somewhere in 2023.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Launch day Xbone playing new games in 2024

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Deathloop on the Xbox store, expect an imminent release.

BisterdDave posted:

11 year console life cycle baybeeeeee

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

wtf

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

FYI ubisoft are offering free 1 month trials of ubi+ which I am taking as effectively free Far Cry

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish the county dump would give me a one month free trial as well.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

univbee posted:

drat, the tentacles of the Xbox One are long as gently caress. RGG Studios announced some more details about the next mainline Yakuza game, which won't release until sometime in 2024 and, at this time, will be launched on Xbox One as well as Series. They also announced a "Gaiden" game to fill in some blanks about what Kiryu was doing around the events of Like A Dragon. It'll be around half the length of a typical Yakuza game and will release somewhere in 2023.

Oh poo poo I saw LAD: ishin but didn't see we were getting a Kiryu game. I'm doing the Lucille Bluth Gene Parmesan reaction to this post right now

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Larry Parrish posted:

I wish the county dump would give me a one month free trial as well.

same tbh I always find really useful poo poo people just leave in the tip house every time I'm there

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

There's more footage of that stupid new Xbox dash and I still hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdYB5dgGur8

Maka91 highlights that the curated content for all those categories is dumb, since they frequently recommend games he already plays, or even already finished.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Barudak posted:

Deathloop on the Xbox store, expect an imminent release.

11 year console life cycle baybeeeeee

I don’t see it on my browser or in the Xbox Live store. Error?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beastie posted:

I don’t see it on my browser or in the Xbox Live store. Error?

Its showing up for some people to pre-order now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Pretty much every AAA game released in the last few years, are unplayable on original Xbox One. They will run, but performance is god awful.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Oh poo poo I saw LAD: ishin but didn't see we were getting a Kiryu game. I'm doing the Lucille Bluth Gene Parmesan reaction to this post right now

Yeah, 3 new Yakuza games (at least for Western audiences) announced in a 24-hour period, plus Judgment/Lost Judgment on PC, Xbox RGG stays winning.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
And this is all after Nagoshi left to go make Chinese phone games. That studio must be a well oiled machine.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I started playing Fall Guys since they went free, currently playing about an hour a day for the dailies to get the shop currency. Trying to get that achievement for buying 50 items from the shop.

New season looks pretty good, it'll be a nice change of scenery.

Haven't played it yet, but it looks like their business model is essentially selling hats, correct?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Correct. It's Fortnite-style free to play with a battle pass and cosmetics.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
It still baffles me that cosmetics is a powerful enough incentive to sustain a business model but alrighty then. Thanks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Video game hat economies are outperforming crypto

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Tayter Swift posted:

It still baffles me that cosmetics is a powerful enough incentive to sustain a business model but alrighty then. Thanks.

Normally I would agree, but play a round of Fall Guys and it seems like everyone but me has premium cosmetics.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's also a hilarious game to play with friends by passing the controller around. Absolutely great party game.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sywert of Thieves posted:

There's more footage of that stupid new Xbox dash and I still hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdYB5dgGur8

Maka91 highlights that the curated content for all those categories is dumb, since they frequently recommend games he already plays, or even already finished.
That's 99% ads right now, awesome :suicide:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How dare the video game console show me video games to play. :rant:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Video game hat economies are outperforming crypto

lmao

The weirdest thing to me are skins for FPS games like Warzone. You can't even see your own cool skin!!? (except in deathcams maybe) Unless they are P2W ones like the extra dark Roze one or that other recent one.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I got the new UI and it’s fine.

Subscribe to Gamepass if you aren’t already.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It looks like they brought many of the UI elements in the Xbox Game Pass app over to the main menu. Maybe they plan to retire it?

IMO they should add more options and shortcuts to the 'Hold Xbox button' quick menu. I would like there to be a Night Mode toggle in there, instead of having to go into Settings each time or scheduling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Disappointed that "You suck at parking" doesn't have local multiplayer.