Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Rule of Cool?? more like Rule of Cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

The free ruleslaught continues with the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game Quick Start (MESBGQS for short): https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#middle-earth-strategy-battle-game

Each of the Battlehost booklets has the rules for the matching boxed set.

Edit: Kinda tempted to do a couple of armies out of cheap generic fantasy figures for this, actually. But I just ordered the Into the Dark box, so that'll have to wait a bit.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 7, 2022

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Are they doing new doods for all the gangs? Are the Palanite Enforcers likely to get anything new?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

!Klams posted:

Are they doing new doods for all the gangs? Are the Palanite Enforcers likely to get anything new?

i would be shocked if they did, none of the other non-house gangs have gotten any major revisions. anything is possible though

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Their contemporary release Grinder Cults just got a weapons upgrade, so it's not a bad guess though.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Enforcers already got two entire sprues, so they are likely pretty good for a while.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

!Klams posted:

They got new rules in a WD recently which are pretty cool, no more free dudes but you get to claim territory like a normal gang, no new models though sadly

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

!Klams posted:

The most likely next releases for Necromunda are a vehicle or bike option for Cawdor, Delaque and Van Saar, alongside new campaign rules and no doubt resin special characters. After that, the prime suspects would be some sort of new plastic for corpse grinder or chaos cults, ash waste nomads, or just possibly Enforcers. But no one knows.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
The enforcers really need a vehicle that looks like a police cruiser. Lights, speakers and all.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Siivola posted:

The free ruleslaught continues with the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game Quick Start (MESBGQS for short): https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#middle-earth-strategy-battle-game

Each of the Battlehost booklets has the rules for the matching boxed set.

Edit: Kinda tempted to do a couple of armies out of cheap generic fantasy figures for this, actually. But I just ordered the Into the Dark box, so that'll have to wait a bit.

oh nice, this is perfect for running intro games, I've got most of the models needed.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

For the new Battlehosts for MESBG, are they staggering the releases? I just see Gondor and Modor up currently which are the 2 that I don't really want.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

quote:

Novitiate Superior – Plasma pistol and power weapon

Novitiate Condemnor

2 x Novitiate Purgatus

Novitiate Dialogus

Novitiate Pronatus

Novitiate Preceptor

Novitiate Penitent

Novitiate Duelist

Novitiate Hospitaller
Is this still a good list? Got it from Goonhammer but the article is from late 2021.
Thinking of maybe replacing the duelist with an exactor (or if possible magnetizing it)

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Siivola posted:

I just ordered the Into the Dark box
It's very large. :stare:

Elf for scale.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I played game of ItD on monday and by turn 2 it was a bloodbath. But I had more fun than in normal mission and the board looks amazing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Siivola posted:

Elf for scale.

Dang, I might have to pick that up now. Good thing I'm excited for kroot

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I was tempted for the kill teams and terrain, but I started seeing reviews about how much of a pain the walls are to get together and apart, even with masking and sanding the mating surfaces.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I've seen them assembled with the columns halved - basically two triangle parts on the end of each wall.

Does that beat the problem?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

I've seen them assembled with the columns halved - basically two triangle parts on the end of each wall.

Does that beat the problem?

Some of the walls come pre-set like that. I've not started working on mine yet but apparently sanding the contact points down works.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Siivola posted:

Elf for scale.

The Kill Team boxes are beautifully huge and packed with sprues. I can't imagine how awesome one of those wrapped and under a Christmas tree would be.

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain
Mine just arrived at my doorstep today and I was surprised at it's weight and size. The terrain looks great, and the miniatures are top notch, really looking forward to getting this all assembled and painted and to be playing in the Gallowdark. Thinking I'm going to transition from playing mostly Kommandos to mostly Kroot.

The mechanics of Into the Dark just seem better since they negate the "vantage" bonus, which did seem a little overly powerful, but are going to hurt shooty teams, like the Pathfinders, while favoring melee teams quite a bit. Also just having two different flavors to play with will be nice. Play a few claustrophobic games in the Gallowdark and then some more vertical games of Octarius.

I'm also glad I am finally getting people wrangled locally to play that isn't my son or longtime friend!

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

One thing I will say about into the dark that it "forces" good looking boards - normally when I play with people the terrain from different will be thrown together without rhyme or reason. Here missions even tell you how to put walls together (with is not exactly easy and fast but ech) and the board makes sense at the look

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

I was tempted for the kill teams and terrain, but I started seeing reviews about how much of a pain the walls are to get together and apart, even with masking and sanding the mating surfaces.

Yeah, even Ash from GMG, who is usually pretty positive about GW stuff, was pretty down on the way these walls were designed. I'm just going to file the poo poo out of the tabs and/or slots and tape off the tabs when priming, so it should be ok.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah, even Ash from GMG, who is usually pretty positive about GW stuff, was pretty down on the way these walls were designed. I'm just going to file the poo poo out of the tabs and/or slots and tape off the tabs when priming, so it should be ok.

There's a video about how to fix it with filing and in the comments someone mentions that if you assemble as much of it as possible before painting you don't even have to mask anything.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is there a good rundown on all the current Kill Team... teams and their playstyles? My work schedule has changed and my duties don't wear me out as much as they did, so I'm wanting to start going to the FLGS for Kill Team night, but I'm not sure which team to start with.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I have a nice ragtag bunch of older Ork Kommandos from the last metal set (with the Nob who has a Ron Perlman face and a power klaw) and some built with the forge world upgrades - are these guys gonna be compatible with new KT Kommando rules?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Z the IVth posted:

There's a video about how to fix it with filing and in the comments someone mentions that if you assemble as much of it as possible before painting you don't even have to mask anything.

Yeah, it's not a deal breaker, it's just that people need a heads up before assembly and paint.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Squibsy posted:

I have a nice ragtag bunch of older Ork Kommandos from the last metal set (with the Nob who has a Ron Perlman face and a power klaw) and some built with the forge world upgrades - are these guys gonna be compatible with new KT Kommando rules?

As long as they have weapons that look vaguely like what the data cards have, they will be fine just fine.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Lumpy posted:

As long as they have weapons that look vaguely like what the data cards have, they will be fine just fine.

This. We play Necromunda like this - a long gun is a long gun, a pistol is a pistol, etc. Tournaments and local weirdos might be an issue, but among friends, using a reasonable facsimile should be ok.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i would definitely mock someone for being able to tell the difference between a grav cannon and a rad cannon and making any kinda deal about it

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain

Randalor posted:

Is there a good rundown on all the current Kill Team... teams and their playstyles? My work schedule has changed and my duties don't wear me out as much as they did, so I'm wanting to start going to the FLGS for Kill Team night, but I'm not sure which team to start with.

Goonhammer has a pretty good rundown, even if they haven't covered everything.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Is it possible to use the original Warcry missions and warbands in the new edition? I'm thinking about getting into it and that arena looks like a sweet piece of terrain, but I don't want to get it if it's incompatible now.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

actually3raccoons posted:

Is it possible to use the original Warcry missions and warbands in the new edition? I'm thinking about getting into it and that arena looks like a sweet piece of terrain, but I don't want to get it if it's incompatible now.

Afaik literally the only difference between Warcry v1 and v2 is that they added a couple of reactions. I don't see why the old missions would be invalidated.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Geisladisk posted:

Afaik literally the only difference between Warcry v1 and v2 is that they added a couple of reactions. I don't see why the old missions would be invalidated.

That's awesome, thanks!!

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah, it's not a deal breaker, it's just that people need a heads up before assembly and paint.
Yeah I just started working on the walls and I'm real glad for the warning. But oh man a whole table of these is going to look so sick once all the filing and scraping is done! :stoked:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Siivola posted:

Yeah I just started working on the walls and I'm real glad for the warning. But oh man a whole table of these is going to look so sick once all the filing and scraping is done! :stoked:

I can't wait to see the maniac that purchased 30 KT sets to make a full corridor setup for Space Hulk.

You know this person is out there...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My tip for prepping the walls is to use a box cutter for scraping the mould lines as it's so much faster. Or at least it was for me as I just held it like I was peeling potatos which didn't cramp my hand up as much as trying to use an xacto.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Hmm. I already scrape mold lines on terrain like I'm peeling potatoes (and I use an Xacto). How do people normally do it?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

My tip for prepping the walls is to use a box cutter for scraping the mould lines as it's so much faster. Or at least it was for me as I just held it like I was peeling potatos which didn't cramp my hand up as much as trying to use an xacto.

Use the sprue cleaner tool imo. It's sharp enough to scrape off all the mould lines like butter but not so sharp that you can accidentally gouge the plastic like a knife.

I've also got a coarse small (not needle) file that works great for sanding the connection points. About 1 min of work to do one end.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Local buddy has got his hands on a War of the Ring simplification/ rewrite.

Set to try a 1600 point Rohan vs. Easterling & Corsairs. Hoping the cavalry isn't all too buffed still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I remember a bit about original Warcry being fairly tied to specific terrain setups. Is that still the case with the new edition?