Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It'll be a cold day in hell before the Johnsons nab Sean Payton lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah Peyton is taking the cowboy job 100%

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just speaking in hypotheticals moreso than predicting anything

Nov 6, 2002

If the Jets clean house, what direction are they going to lurch in for their next coach? The Johnsons have tried just about everything but a college hire, maybe that's next.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If the Jets clean house, what direction are they going to lurch in for their next coach? The Johnsons have tried just about everything but a college hire, maybe that's next.

It's week 2

Also, just bring him back against Cincy

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1570088942698987523?s=46&t=BNtD3X-5YLp0_d6n337R1Q

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Parcells was the only “retread” coach Woody has ever hired going back 25 years. He’s exclusively gone for coordinators. Payton isn’t his MO.

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Parcells was the only “retread” coach Woody has ever hired going back 25 years. He’s exclusively gone for coordinators. Payton isn’t his MO.

Adam Gase?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris Johnson hired Gase, not Woody. Lawyered

Nov 6, 2002

I mean come on. I object.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

PF with the rescue. I had actually forgotten Gase was a retread.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Also, just bring him back against Cincy
https://twitter.com/Willpa11/status/1570093285674258432

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Mike Francesa said on his podcast today (don't ask me why I listen to Mike Francesa's podcast) that the Jets are going to be sold in the next few years.

Professor Funk posted:

Mcmagic I am honestly concerned that you aren't going to survive this season.

I will be less upset once it's clear that it's just another dogshit season and all the (modest) optimism for the new season goes away.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 14, 2022

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Neither Jackson nor Armstead are practicing…. Yikes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Mike Francesa said on his podcast today (don't ask me why I listen to Mike Francesa's podcast) that the Jets are going to be sold in the next few years.
This seems completely made up. Why would any NFL owner sell unless forced to or by death? They print money and their multi-billion dollar asset appreciates far faster than anything else they could park their money in.

I give this 0 chance.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
regardless of what DVOA and whatever else says, there is literally no reason to allow joe flacco to throw the ball 58 times before he leads the offense to its first TD. it's incomprehensible to me. if he's sniffing 40 passes and you have no touchdowns on the board, you cut your losses and put mike white in and hope he sparks something. keeping flacco in that long is the most loserly, defeatist poo poo imaginable to me and it hurts my brain even as a non-jets fan.

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

This seems completely made up. Why would any NFL owner sell unless forced to or by death? They print money and their multi-billion dollar asset appreciates far faster than anything else they could park their money in.

I give this 0 chance.

People like the Johnsons don't buy a football team for the investment opportunity. They buy it for ego and prestige, and well... not much prestige owning the Jets these days. Still sounds make up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I give this 0 chance.

Maybe this is wishful thinking but Woody Johnson is also 75, doesn't have any kids old enough to actually take the team over and is more interested in chud politics than the Jets and the team has also just been horrifically bad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

People like the Johnsons don't buy a football team for the investment opportunity. They buy it for ego and prestige, and well... not much prestige owning the Jets these days. Still sounds make up.
The prestige for billionaires is in the bragging rights to other billionaires, not the plebs. Woody owns an NFL team in New York while they don't.

Plebs care about things like winning games. Billionaires care about winning life.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

The prestige for billionaires is in the bragging rights to other billionaires, not the plebs. Woody owns an NFL team in New York while they don't.

Plebs care about things like winning games.

I think this is wrong. There is no group of people where the Jets aren't a laughingstock. Wasn't Woody just trying to buy some dumb PL team a few months ago?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I think this is wrong. There is no group of people where the Jets aren't a laughingstock. Wasn't Woody just trying to buy some dumb PL team a few months ago?
I think you're too close to the situation. Like 98% of the planet doesn't care about the NFL or the historical record of the Jets.

He was trying to buy Chelsea and it eventually went to the group who owns the Dodgers. That it itself is just him trying to buy more bragging rights amongst billionaires.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ya'll I've never met a pats fan irl who doesn't get super serious when you try to engage them in friendly banter

We had a tailgate event at work today and I was razzing this accountant about the game last week and she started getting upset

"HOW MANY RINGS DOES UR TEAM HAVE? HOW MANY? HOW MANY?

maybe I'm the problem?? :thunk:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the cool move there is to say you started watching football this year and living in the past is sad

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Two variations of Pats fans IRL: 1. the self-conscious one who says "yeah but I was a fan of them when they SUCKED" and 2. Ehud's colleagues.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also they're both me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

Two variations of Pats fans IRL: 1. the self-conscious one who says "yeah but I was a fan of them when they SUCKED" and 2. Ehud's colleagues.

lol yeah she did that too

"We were bad when I was a kid!"

She's like 24

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I work out of our Boston office. There's a not insignificant percentage of workforce aged football fans, mostly in their 20s, who have simply never rooted for a team that hasn't been elite and no one knows how to handle it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mcmagic posted:

Mike Francesa said on his podcast today (don't ask me why I listen to Mike Francesa's podcast)

I’m sorry mcmagic but I’m going to have ask you why you listen Mike Francesa’s podcast

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Garrett Wilson is always open for touchdowns.

https://twitter.com/NYJets_Media/status/1569862375905304579
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1570115231577251841
But also.
https://twitter.com/JGrayJets/status/1569837004493291520

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Honestly if the Jets had any balls they would have called up Streveler because he can at least run out of the pocket and attack the Ravens different ways. Even Mike White is a better start so you can see if he is worth being your backup. Starting Joe Flacco is the same as forfeiting the game as far as I'm concerned.

Look at how Daboll is being praised in the NY media for taking risks, the Jets trot out the same poo poo and expect it to shine.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mike White is a bad QB and just as immobile as Flacco. He's not going to be the long-term backup and he's probably not even going to be on the team beyond this year.

You can make a thin argument to play Strevy until Zach gets back based on mobility and his nothing else to lose style gameplay, but let's be honest he's probably also not good. He only played in the preseason against Home Depot employees. He's a scout team QB with no actual practice reps. He also requires you to make adjustments to your offense that you probably don't want to make with Zach coming back in a week or two. Playing Flacco is fine for another week. Hopefully Zach can play against the Bengals.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mike White is a bad QB and just as immobile as Flacco. He's not going to be the long-term backup and he's probably not even going to be on the team beyond this year.

You can make a thin argument to play Strevy until Zach gets back based on mobility and his nothing else to lose style gameplay, but let's be honest he's probably also not good. He only played in the preseason against Home Depot employees. He's a scout team QB with no actual practice reps. He also requires you to make adjustments to your offense that you probably don't want to make with Zach coming back in a week or two. Playing Flacco is fine for another week. Hopefully Zach can play against the Bengals.

I don't know how you could have watched the way Flacco moved and think it's a good idea to start him against the Browns and that DL. No QB in the NFL is as immobile as Flacco, including White. It's not like he was getting the ball out quickly anyway and White did that when he played last year. They have literally nothing to lose. Playing Flacco and thinking you have any chance to win that game seems just completely insane to me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I don't know how you could have watched the way Flacco moved and think it's a good idea to start him against the Browns and that DL. No QB in the NFL is as immobile as Flacco, including White. It's not like he was getting the ball out quickly anyway and White did that when he played last year. They have literally nothing to lose. Playing Flacco and thinking you have any chance to win that game seems just completely insane to me.
I didn't say Flacco is a good option. I'm saying they don't have a better option.

White is a statue as well and when protection holds up about half the time, Flacco at least gives you the ability to push the ball down the field. White cant do it. I think he should have been cut already.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

I work out of our Boston office. There's a not insignificant percentage of workforce aged football fans, mostly in their 20s, who have simply never rooted for a team that hasn't been elite and no one knows how to handle it.

Keep going , we're almost there ....

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Guessing this means we’ve got someone injured for a bit, likely Jackson

https://www.thephinsider.com/2022/9/14/23353302/miami-dolphins-sign-veteran-tackle-brandon-shell-to-practice-squad-armstead-jackson-2022-nfl

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I didn't say Flacco is a good option. I'm saying they don't have a better option.

White is a statue as well and when protection holds up about half the time, Flacco at least gives you the ability to push the ball down the field. White cant do it. I think he should have been cut already.

Do you really think Mike White could be that much worse? We know they have no chance to win with Flacco. None. He's not going to push the ball down the field against that front 4.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Do you really think Mike White could be that much worse? We know they have no chance to win with Flacco. None. He's not going to push the ball down the field against that front 4.
I'm saying he could certainly be worse, yes, but I really don't think the needle moves at all with regards to odds of winning and Mike White is certainly more boring.

Also, Nate Tice is currently trying to convince JetsTwitter that Corey Davis is awesome.
https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1570139889454424065

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Corey is awesome lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Speaking of which, here's the injury report for today.

https://twitter.com/DavidFurones_/status/1570141628467142658?s=20&t=RRBBVXNvxJK4Gk4lyOqOnA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

Corey is awesome lol

Please for the love of god take him back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Please for the love of god take him back then.

With pleasure