Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

It’s funny, I don’t know how much of a bit the Japanese guy’s part was because that’s actually how a Japanese person would react to someone dressing up as a Chinese person in a comical way. Like they wouldn’t be like “hey that’s racist against Asians!” They’d be like “hahaha stupid Chinese people” and then maybe pull their eyes back and make buck teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Legit in awe at the applicants. I wonder if they were all Adam and Nick's friends or how many were actors.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 15, 2022

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Mordja posted:

Legit in awe at the applicants. I wonder if they were all Adam and Nick's friends or how many were actors.

Lol… it’s like a scripted (or semi scripted) video. I’m pretty sure they didn’t post a Craigslist ad

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Tetramin posted:

Lol… it’s like a scripted (or semi scripted) video. I’m pretty sure they didn’t post a Craigslist ad

I dunno a couple of those dudes seemed like pretty legit New York weirdos.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

My favourite high concept bit since the Lasagna Cat sexual partners video

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Mordja posted:

250 minutes worth of 10 minute interviews with people mostly answer a craigslist ad for a second mic/producer role

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tetramin posted:

...I know. That's what I said.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

theyre all just comedians. the girl is (apparently extremely cancelled) former tiktok star ivy wolk

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1569853356356636673?s=46&t=Q6YWedAmhmuh4CUbZjaH-Q

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

man, stav... this poo poo is loving dire

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mandrel posted:

man, stav... this poo poo is loving dire

Yeah it’s legitimately worst than nothing at all.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Another incredible episode, editing was really well done. So many visual gags and cuts, the lazy rear end father eith the toddler playing with rubbers had me busted.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Yeah it’s legitimately worst than nothing at all.

it's doing numbers, my man knows what sells and it's autumn, baby

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Mordja posted:

on Adam's insta story he links to the director/producer of the episode's story, who listed most if not all of the actors from the episode.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Farm Frenzy posted:

theyre all just comedians. the girl is (apparently extremely cancelled) former tiktok star ivy wolk

i hosed her

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
In the scene, Dasha’s and Betsey’s characters are seated next to each other in the middle of the theater audience. They are talking and one of them says something about how they’re “based,” or their show is based (it’s a sci-fi dystopia where people watch themselves on TV or something). A few rows back, Ivy Wolk’s character overhears the conversation and says something like “Based? You’re not based, you’re loving cringe!” and Dasha’s character turns around and deploys her trademark slur with a “Shut the gently caress up, retard!” and then Ivy’s character lets off an inspired stream of expletives that changed with each take but usually included slurs of the antisemitic and homophobic varieties, as well as some more creative phrases targeted at specific body features. (I didn’t know who Ivy Wolk was, but Honor kept saying that she was the youngest actress ever to be cancelled.) A few rows ahead of Dasha and Betsey, Curtis Yarvin and Alex Bienstock discuss the meanings of the terms “nu-based” and “omnicringe” throughout all this. Then Dasha points ahead of her, indicating that the show they are about to watch is beginning. Since this is a film set the scene was obviously repeated over and over again, modulating the relative noise of the simultaneous conversations, the timings of the various beats, the emphases on various words, and so on. I was observing the meticulous work of real serious professionals, the art of acting, and it was very boring.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
aids

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Let him cook

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Farm Frenzy posted:

i dont see any controversy about her at after a quick search, what did she do

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

She low-key sexually assaulted Adam during an interview, for one.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I don't know, but there's never been a girl named after a plant of any kind that wasn't a loving trainwreck

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Eric Rahil is a pro-tier twitter follow and smh if you didn't recognize him

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Eric Rahil is a pro-tier twitter follow and smh if you didn't recognize him

Counter point: smh if you're on twitter

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

good job by Nick gassing Adam up by releasing a boring episode with an unfunny stand up comedian

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Rahill is good and i was happy to see him

did not expect WV chat, it is indeed Wild and Wonderful

nick's gradual transformation into marc maron is coming along nicely

i still like stav, guess im not loyal enough or something

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm not one of those guys who suddenly hates Stav and insists he was never funny and not a vital part of some all-time bits, but god-drat has everything he's put out since leaving the pod been dire. If he does anything that interests me again, I'll check it out and if he ends up in some show or movie I'll say, "neat."

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

any uncirc'd brethren in here tonight

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

mistermojo posted:

good job by Nick gassing Adam up by releasing a boring episode with an unfunny stand up comedian

it might be the lowest effort ep yet lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Mordja posted:

I'm not one of those guys who suddenly hates Stav and insists he was never funny and not a vital part of some all-time bits, but god-drat has everything he's put out since leaving the pod been dire. If he does anything that interests me again, I'll check it out and if he ends up in some show or movie I'll say, "neat."

once they invent a lens wide enough to capture him in a shot it's his time to shine

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

It’s a podcast. People talking. What do you want?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ben shapino posted:

once they invent a lens wide enough to capture him in a shot it's his time to shine

a camera operator trying desperately to record stav's set with one of those 360 degree fisheye lenses and getting increasingly frustrated that they can't get all of that body in frame

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

i say swears online posted:

it's doing numbers, my man knows what sells and it's autumn, baby

yeah was gonna say. that poo poo is a goldmine with the crowd he actually wants to hang with

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Episode was fine, settle down.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Exodus1984 posted:

Episode was fine, settle down.
?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

when did i say the ep was bad dipshits

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
come on man dont get upset about the episode

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dumby
Oct 25, 2007
did they change the name to boring town lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumby
Oct 25, 2007
i really like how they're spotlighting the theft element of adam's comedy. steal a monologue, steal a bunch of jokes from craigslist weirdos, who have in turn stolen those jokes from someone else