Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yakuza is plenty easy on normal usually. Kiwami 1 has some bullshit bosses but otherwise its no issue but i have played a few on easy just to speed through the story faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tokyo Game Show pamphlets from Square apparently giving a release time for FF16?

https://twitter.com/11masa0000/status/1570237288373977088?t=2s3uo4CZKDgmoeFqyc2eVQ&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Policenaut posted:

Tokyo Game Show pamphlets from Square apparently giving a release time for FF16?

https://twitter.com/11masa0000/status/1570237288373977088?t=2s3uo4CZKDgmoeFqyc2eVQ&s=19

I think that same window was in the last trailer tbh

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah they said summer last time.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzONb1-CKg

Absolutely in love with the energy this game is bringing.

Fix posted:

Couldn't even begin to tell you, but here's the last trailer they put out. Noting that they worked on Dead or Alive Extreme Volleyball is a pretty incredible flex for this sort of game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w4r9aOqlhA

first 30 seconds: hmm it seems okay, some revengeance vibes

later: cat

noodle minigame and german karaoke minigame: i'm sold

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it looks like one of those awkward hybrid brawler-shooters from the ps2/early ps3 generation, and i've missed them dearly

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzONb1-CKg

Absolutely in love with the energy this game is bringing.

Absolutely misleading title, I saw exactly zero bullets being curved

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'll take wanted:dead in a second over whatever nintendo peddling with VARIOUS DAYLIFE

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Infinitum posted:

Kiwami 2 is where it gets good.

Yep
https://twitter.com/cianmaher0/status/1569987694800867333

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
HOW ARE YOU GUYS NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS?

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1570241884194476032

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kojima-productions-starts-an-arg.632177/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not that excited about a video game version of Guess Who

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kiwami 1 trips people up with bosses regenerating health but you can stop that by doing a heat move on them. A heat move. Literally any heat move. So, go to the pawn shop and buy a bat and pull that out when needed and you'll be fine.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Someone told Kojima about "turn on your monitor", and he's gonna spend like three months building it up

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Are we expecting anything out of tgs today or is all the big stuff later on?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It's prolly the xbox game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m very proud of us as a group

i am horrified by this image

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i've wasted my life

:(:respek::(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhJW699YWS4

Square Enix just released a new trailer for Forespoken and I think they must have listened to the complaints about the bad dialogue in the last one because it sounds a lot better now.

Yeah they definitely got a new VA Director to come in and get people to use inflections and such but man, something about people's faces and expressions still doesn't look right to me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i buy them on sale or second hand. Never new. don’t care about the online

Same, mostly second hand because it takes years to reach acceptable sale prices and if the campaign is poo poo, you can still resell it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yakuza Kiwami 1’s only sin is introducing you to the “use a style-matching heat action to break the boss’s health regen shield” mechanic and then not telling you “by the way you don’t have that ability after the timeskip you need to unlock it in the skill tree”, which makes the first boss a total bullshit difficulty wall if you don’t happen to have unlocked it or didn’t know specifically to go unlock it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

In the spirit of this new thread, I enjoyed this post very much, thank you for posting it.

I'd totally play with Japanese VO if that's an option.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
SE are pros at making big budget games with bad VO. It’s like their signature at this point.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

In the spirit of this new thread, I enjoyed this post very much, thank you for posting it.

I'd totally play with Japanese VO if that's an option.

:same:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have two (I think) bosses left in Blasphemous and one of them I keep getting down to around 30% before I expire. It is seriously tough. They are Isidora, Voice Of The Dead. I am nearly there though - then I can go to the last couple of screens and finish the game. I have not been playing non stop - off and on for months - but it is a seriously great 2D platformer.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

bloodychill posted:

SE are pros at making big budget games with bad VO. It’s like their signature at this point.

Ella Balinska is fine. The direction and script is not helping her.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i am horrified by this image

:(:respek::(

You’ve inspired me to post more.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

got through the witches of hemwick and the shadows of yharnam tonight. a big chunk of the ~2.5h i played were trying to remember where the hell to go to get to the forbidden woods. even after finally figuring it out and no longer going round and round in circles, im still not confident i could go back and do it again. yharnam has great atmosphere but it really is just too mazelike for its own good.

anyway im kinda tearing rear end through everything right now with the saw spear and it feels great. it only took me three tries for the shadows of yharnam. once bc it had been a while and i was a bit overly cocky. the second i just botched it right into the fog gate and got ganked. third time was a charm, and maybe i got lucky bc none of them spawned the big snake.

im about to fight rom but i wanna double check and make sure i did everything im "supposed" to do before the world state changes again. overall having a blast with this and it's such a different experience from my first time through.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

got through the witches of hemwick and the shadows of yharnam tonight. a big chunk of the ~2.5h i played were trying to remember where the hell to go to get to the forbidden woods. even after finally figuring it out and no longer going round and round in circles, im still not confident i could go back and do it again. yharnam has great atmosphere but it really is just too mazelike for its own good.

anyway im kinda tearing rear end through everything right now with the saw spear and it feels great. it only took me three tries for the shadows of yharnam. once bc it had been a while and i was a bit overly cocky. the second i just botched it right into the fog gate and got ganked. third time was a charm, and maybe i got lucky bc none of them spawned the big snake.

im about to fight rom but i wanna double check and make sure i did everything im "supposed" to do before the world state changes again. overall having a blast with this and it's such a different experience from my first time through.

I think you need to make sure you have spoken to Eileen in all her spots before Rom but other than that I cannot really recall all the little miniquests.

The other night I muddled through and remembered how to get to Ebrietas and do the Alfred quest, as well as getting the church pick. I thought getting the rakuyo would pop my Old Hunters Weapons trophy, but I think I have to do it in one save file, not across multiple. (My original save has everything except Rakuyo).

Something I really love about the Ebrietas area is realising that it is pretty much the Maria area from the Old Hunters. Looking up and spotting that clock again was a :aaa: moment for me.

I think I have done nearly everything in the game. Only three bosses to go and then I have recompleted Bloodborne. :)

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

JBP posted:

Ella Balinska is fine. The direction and script is not helping her.

Bad voice-over, not bad voice actors. They hire perfectly capable actors these days... just awkward scripts and direction, as you said.

FFVII Remake came off okay. Not great but serviceable... which is an incredible testament to the direction and actors because looking at what they had on the page at times... yeesh.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Bloodborne

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

My last playthrough I captured and posted pictures of Seattle skylines and beautiful places, but this time through it’s the darkness I focus on. The gore and death. The sadness.

There’s a beauty at the heart of darkness.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I think you need to make sure you have spoken to Eileen in all her spots before Rom but other than that I cannot really recall all the little miniquests.

The other night I muddled through and remembered how to get to Ebrietas and do the Alfred quest, as well as getting the church pick. I thought getting the rakuyo would pop my Old Hunters Weapons trophy, but I think I have to do it in one save file, not across multiple. (My original save has everything except Rakuyo).

Something I really love about the Ebrietas area is realising that it is pretty much the Maria area from the Old Hunters. Looking up and spotting that clock again was a :aaa: moment for me.

I think I have done nearly everything in the game. Only three bosses to go and then I have recompleted Bloodborne. :)

DLC weapons don't count for the main game weapons trophy, I think they have their own trophy unless I'm mistaken, so make sure you have stuff like the Beast Claw, Reiterpalasch, etc all in the same file

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Blind Rasputin posted:

My last playthrough I captured and posted pictures of Seattle skylines and beautiful places, but this time through it’s the darkness I focus on. The gore and death. The sadness.

Good pics, I also appreciated your medical diagnosis of Ellie. Did you find all of that info in the hospital at the end of 1?

Also, I forgot that I have Left Behind to play, I’m looking forward to it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Blind Rasputin posted:

Man, I loved this building

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

It’s a flashback you play through in TLOU2.

But also

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yakuza Kiwami 1’s only sin is introducing you to the “use a style-matching heat action to break the boss’s health regen shield” mechanic and then not telling you “by the way you don’t have that ability after the timeskip you need to unlock it in the skill tree”, which makes the first boss a total bullshit difficulty wall if you don’t happen to have unlocked it or didn’t know specifically to go unlock it.

People will keep saying this and trying to make it more complicated than it is. It's not that serious. If you see them recharging, just hit them with a heat move. That's it. They stop gaining health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T92R9P-9g5Y&t=1108s

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Valkyrie Elysium demo is out!! I am downloading it RN.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Behold, A Paleblood Moon!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Let us know how it is. I'm def buying VP, but the style and gameplay of VE looked less my bag. Happy to be wrong tho

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Trip report pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Playing more Wild Arms last night and the psxl1 emulation while not perfect is so nice to include save states and a rewind feature. Makes it very pleasant to be able to play these old school jrpgs with a bit of new school qol improvements. I can go in an old just do half a dungeon if I've only got 15 minutes to kill or whatever.

Would be nice if they made more ps1 games available... :)