Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sifu is great but it kinda does a bait and switch making you think it's gonna be kind of a Metroidvania with branching paths and exploring older levels with new items but in reality it's just like "use the key you found in level 4 to unlock a door in level 2 that contains a single piece of lore". Still super fun, but I thought it was gonna be way more interesting than it ended up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

where is Super Mario Odyssey 2. whats going on at Nintendo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Getting the panel box in my house updated for current standards tomorrow, Nintendo Switch stays winning as the system I can play without power

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh no, the sequel straight up sucks badly. Just that last time it was rereleased as a duology and you'd expect them to just remaster the same build for extra income as a duology again or separate release to sucker a few buyers in.

The last Symphonia port was the steam release that already dropped the sequel, the ps3 duology was the port before that. So you're half right, they did remaster the last build.

So this is a console port of the steam port of the ps3 port of the ps2 port, if I have that right.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Morpheus posted:

Also played like ten minutes of the Harvestella demo last night - it's one of the few games I've played where, given a choice of protagonist gender, I choose the female one. Normally I just make a generic brown hair dude because that's me to a T, but it really feels in this one like adding a male option was a complete afterthought.
It doesn't really make a difference anyway

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Just a heads up that Hades is:

-On sale
-A perfect switch game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

mistermojo posted:

theyre making a mario. you will hear about it probably 6 months before it comes out. until then u dont have to concern yourself. hope this helps

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
they should announce it seven years before it comes out

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hey, need to interrupt Direct chat for a second to ask for a game rec.

Husband and I are taking a loooooong plane flight next week. I need some games for his Switch. I think the only games he has on it right now are Pokemon Shield and A-Train. He loves A-Train. Are there any more games like it on Switch? Failing that, are there any other building type sims, or base-building? He also likes Satisfactory and Timberborne on PC, if that helps narrow down his tastes a bit.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
they announce metroid prime trilogy and metroid prime 4?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Cithen posted:

Metroid 4: Farm Simulator: Cloud Gaming

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cithen posted:

yeah they come out tomorrow

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Easy Come Easy Golf is a lot of fun.

I am glad I purchased it.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Husband and I are taking a loooooong plane flight next week. I need some games for his Switch. I think the only games he has on it right now are Pokemon Shield and A-Train. He loves A-Train. Are there any more games like it on Switch? Failing that, are there any other building type sims, or base-building? He also likes Satisfactory and Timberborne on PC, if that helps narrow down his tastes a bit.

farming game jokes aside how's he feel about stardew valley?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

As for what any other farming sim could offer that Stardew valley doesn't cover... I dunno, movement that doesn't feel like poo poo?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Last time i went on a flight i watched predator via the inflight movie system, highly recommend it.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

It’s kind of a stereotypical recommendation and not really similar to the games you mentioned but I started a new playthrough in BOTW on my nine-hour flight a few months ago and it saw me all the way through the flight

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Silver Falcon posted:

Project Highrise and Cities: Skylines are both available.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Shame Factorio won't be out be then and also the main dev is a shitbag.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
flights are when I play shmups

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Shame Factorio won't be out be then and also the main dev is a shitbag.

I keep getting Factorio, Satisfactory, and that top down planet settler game mixed up, in terms of which one has the lovely dev. Thanks for reminding me!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

EightFlyingCars posted:

farming game jokes aside how's he feel about stardew valley?

He played that with me on PC. He likes it. I don't think he'd want to play it without mods, though.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Project Highrise and Cities: Skylines are both available.

You're on the money with Cities: Skylines. He loved that one on PC. I'll pass along Project Highrise as a recommendation in the same vein. Thanks!

Issue with a lot of games he would definitely like, such as Factorio, is he already has them on PC. And he's the opposite of me; he prefers to play things on his computer if he can. Obviously that's not an option on a plane, though!

What's the top-down planet settler game?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I keep getting Factorio, Satisfactory, and that top down planet settler game mixed up, in terms of which one has the lovely dev. Thanks for reminding me!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/o34v6h/factorio_founder_rages_about_cancel_culture_after/

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Who said the DLC has to be free? I’d gladly pay like ten bucks for a new board and some new minigames

Super Mario Party sold 18M copies

Mario Party Superstars sold 6.88M copies in 5 months.

That's 41.2 Million DLC packs at $10 a piece to bring in the same revenue. Each owner of Super Mario Party needs to buy an average of 2.8 $10 DLC packs to make the same in that time span. That's very unlikely.

That's why we get multiple Mario Party games per console. They make more money putting the effort into the 5 boards for $60 than trying to sell existing owners 3 boards at $10 a piece

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Silver Falcon posted:

Subnautica is part exploration, part deep-sea horror but it definitely unlocks some significant base-building functionality which I mostly ignored because all the fishes outside of the starting area are mean scary fishes that I absolutely do NOT want saying hello to me while I'm trying to build a base.

But it's great on a plane.

And there are options to make the fishes less terminal, if not less terrifying (it's got a free-play mode or somesuch).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

What's the top-down planet settler game?

It's pc only, and the devs have said it'll rarely if ever go on sale. I can't recall the name right nke, and I don't even know what to look up. There's an insane amount of detail for each settler. Man, I wish I could think of the name. Pretty sure it came out in the last 5 years.

Edit: it's Rimworld.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 15, 2022

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mistermojo posted:

Super Mario Odyssey The Movie

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

mistermojo posted:

It's coming immediately after Mario 64 2 and Mario Sunshine 2

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

pentyne posted:

There's no loving way there isn't an entire Amiibo series for Tears but I guess it'll probably spoiler some characters or something so they won't announce until after the major trailer release.

Super excited for another insane shortage and massively inflated resell prices for Zelda figures. God forbid they do another unique unlockable like Epona that figure will be $100 minimum on the 2nd hand market.

Buy a stack of those premade NFC tags for like $5 off of Amazon and skip the annoying scalper bullshit?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's pc only, and the devs have said it'll rarely if ever go on sale. I can't recall the name right nke, and I don't even know what to look up. There's an insane amount of detail for each settler. Man, I wish I could think of the name. Pretty sure it came out in the last 5 years.

Seems silly that it won't be on Switch. There are other, more complex games or ones that require higher/more precise apm.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I don't know any better and tried this when I couldn't online play any game and it didn't even work. I'm NAT type D. I called my ISP for a fix and they didn't know what to do. Has something to do with the IP address. It sucks. I'll just unsubscribe I guess.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

Buy a stack of those premade NFC tags for like $5 off of Amazon and skip the annoying scalper bullshit?

I bought the tags and a half-broken android phone off eBay when Animal Crossing came out, and it was the best investment I could have made.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I am really feeling the loss of merc missions in the Torna expansion. you mean I have to fill in these nodes myself? like some commoner?

love that they tripled down on the little character doodles for menu options though

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

As for what any other farming sim could offer that Stardew valley doesn't cover... I dunno, movement that doesn't feel like poo poo?

No same sex marriage could appeal to today's chud farmer on the go.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh yeah, he loves Rimworld. I think that's his highest playtime game on Steam, maybe his favorite game other than Dwarf Fortress.

Y'all have nailed his tastes well. I passed on the recommendations. Thanks! :D

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Played the Harvestella demo a bit and I don't know if it gets better but the lack of named NPCs in Lethe besides the obvious main ones kinda kills the life sim atmosphere a bit for me. Oh yes, I can't wait to get to know 'General Store Owner' and 'Smithy'. The children are the only named minor villagers I've met so far? The days also feel like they progress VERY fast.
Otherwise, it's very pretty and the action RPG stuff is good!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

LeafyGreens posted:

Played the Harvestella demo a bit and I don't know if it gets better but the lack of named NPCs in Lethe besides the obvious main ones kinda kills the life sim atmosphere a bit for me. Oh yes, I can't wait to get to know 'General Store Owner' and 'Smithy'. The children are the only named minor villagers I've met so far? The days also feel like they progress VERY fast.
Otherwise, it's very pretty and the action RPG stuff is good!

Yeah it's pretty clear that this is less of a life-sim/RPG, and more of an RPG that happens to take place in and around a single location, and also it has some elements to it often associated with life-sim farm games (growing/shipping crops, fishing, etc). If people get this expecting Rune Factory balancing between the two genres, I think they're going to be disappointed.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Yeah it's pretty clear that this is less of a life-sim/RPG, and more of an RPG that happens to take place in and around a single location, and also it has some elements to it often associated with life-sim farm games (growing/shipping crops, fishing, etc). If people get this expecting Rune Factory balancing between the two genres, I think they're going to be disappointed.

That's sad, I was hoping for "Rune Factory made by Square Enix"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1570418782904135680?t=8dCMBcbfMtW2HhvhnvF9PA&s=19

The screenshot saying "soft filter can be turned on" implies that it's rightfully off by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

lunar detritus posted:

That's sad, I was hoping for "Rune Factory made by Square Enix"

So was I! I think now my expectations got balanced though it's a pretty fun demo on its own so far.