Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

the 1up drop rate seems way higher than the other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ic5rjqYdgc
you all invoked savaged regime to make a remix of mm4 somehow

owns

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
yeah i noticed that too. i think i read somewhere they were intentionally trying to make an easier game. ironically it was the first game ever directed by ichiro mihara of tetris the grand master fame whose game design philosophy is to find the limit of what the best players can do and make a game just a little harder than that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Splatoon 3 - Story mode (101%)
What a great game. Enjoyed the hybrid of Splatoon 2’s “tutorial level with hidden stuff” main game and the “no-nonsense challenges” of Octo Expansion. A lot of the levels seemed safe and the boss fights felt lacking compared the 2, but the final area was sick and there’s a typical Nintendo style postgame for those that are into that.

Hope they get bonkers creative with the level designs in the DLC. The story mode is always kinda kneecapped by having to do double duty and also serve as a tutorial for new players. Some of my favorite levels in this were the creative/weird ones.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Splatoon 3 - Story mode (102%)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Plebian Parasite posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
[looking up from a big book] i believe this is what they call being price is righted

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

This.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Titanfall 2. its a shame they'll never make another one because that was kickass

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

Titanfall 2. its a shame they'll never make another one because that was kickass

its so good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i cant believe the time travel level lived up to the hype

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I feel acute gamer shame that I never caught Titanfall 2 at the height of its popularity. Series gone too soon.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

[looking up from a big book] i believe this is what they call being price is righted

Lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sad for all the gamers who missed out on tf2 multiplayer because it's actually better than the campaign lol. movements more fluid and there's a grappling hook and stuff. nobody's ever gonna make a shooter like that again because you move at 9000 miles an hour. no way to sell cosmetics when everyone is a glowing streak

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds like some noobs who need to download Apex Legends.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

im sad for all the gamers who missed out on tf2 multiplayer because it's actually better than the campaign lol. movements more fluid and there's a grappling hook and stuff. nobody's ever gonna make a shooter like that again because you move at 9000 miles an hour. no way to sell cosmetics when everyone is a glowing streak

i thought the game moved kind of slow and wished it was faster lol, my brain is permanently broken by 90s shooters

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

doom 2016 wished it was titanfall 2

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Mega Man 6 - Really good. I liked 3 the best on NES but this is similar to 2 and 4 in quality. Are MM 7 and 8 worth playing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frenz posted:

Mega Man 6 - Really good. I liked 3 the best on NES but this is similar to 2 and 4 in quality. Are MM 7 and 8 worth playing?
I find 8 extremely charming but I'm not sure if it's a good game.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yes, 7 is good but has one of the most brutal final bosses in the entire series

8 is really good. both are worth playing

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I find 8 extremely charming but I'm not sure if it's a good game.

i'm not sure if it's a good "original series mega man" game (same with 7 tbh) but it's a good game in it's own right

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

i thought the game moved kind of slow and wished it was faster lol, my brain is permanently broken by 90s shooters

i permanently compare everything to tribes and it all falls short mostly. but you could get really fast in tf2mp because the grappling hook had a really long range and the buildings were high. it's less grappling hook and more of a straight up spiderman swing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah mm8s cool and its got some really good tracks in there. search man's is tremendous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HFFvAgTmYo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRT_c8ot55c

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Megaman 7 is weird and cool 'cause it came out 2 years after Megaman X, so it goes for the classic art style but incorporates a lot of the cool emphasis on secrets and upgrades from X. I always loved it idk. Some of the boss fights are maybe too broken and stupid when you use the correct weapon but that's kinda always how it goes I guess.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

25. Deep Fear

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

7 is bad and the boss arenas slightly scroll because megaman is too big

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MM8 is a lot of fun but like every other stage has a gimmick of some kind

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Martman posted:

Megaman 7 is weird and cool 'cause it came out 2 years after Megaman X, so it goes for the classic art style but incorporates a lot of the cool emphasis on secrets and upgrades from X. I always loved it idk. Some of the boss fights are maybe too broken and stupid when you use the correct weapon but that's kinda always how it goes I guess.

the secrets and upgrades are the biggest redeeming quality of mm7 and the main reason i think it's worth playing. i hated the wimpy sound effects, the character sprites are weirdly huge, and while some of the music was very good, the instrument samples they used aren't great. it's like they weren't sure if they should go all-in on the cutesy stuff like they did in mm8, and as a result the game just has this weird overall feel to it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

MM8 is a lot of fun but like every other stage has a gimmick of some kind

agreed but i thought most of them were fun. the shmup stages were cool and the snowboarding made no sense conceptually but was kinda novel to see in a mega man game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Crazy that y'all talking about MM8 for so long and no one has posted this yet.

https://clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticOutstandingWatercressKippa

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

American McGay posted:

Crazy that y'all talking about MM8 for so long and no one has posted this yet.

https://clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticOutstandingWatercressKippa

ty i didn't have the link. lmao every time

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Dragon Warrior VII

Going to take me a while to come down but it feels like it was a hell of a lot better than 6, despite being basically 6 but more so. Definitely the meanest game in the series (3 hours before first slime, surprise departures, Dharma, hell worm town loop, making you climb the Great Lighthouse four freaking times, beginning of disc 2 in general), but all of that crap feels like it was a hundred years ago, because it was. This game is long. I think I love it. 5 stars

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Metal: Hellsinger

A bit on the short side but it was intense and had me on the edge of my seat at times. Story was forgettable but I was there for the gameplay and the music, which were pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Taiji

Cool 2D game trying to copy The Witness. It was partially produced by J Blow so it ends up getting pretty close, even though I was definitely ready for it to end at a certain point. I'd recommend it but not at the 20 bux i bought it for.