Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever grow tired of Nathen’s blizzard of untreated mental illness, and then I hear he wants to make an animated series of Not Garfield with Messianic Delusion, We Promise, and lol, rofl, and furthermore, lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
We are rapidly approaching the Charlie Brown/Lucy football dynamic though. I can only be hurt so many times and still remain entertaged

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
To be honest, I'm not sure that Nathen is ever going to get the money to do anything on the scale of GarfieldEATS again. A restaurant has probably been the least terrible of his business ideas; being some kind of hotshot restauranteur who's bankrolled by Daddy is actually attainable. Or it would be if Nathen wasn't such a petulant weirdo

Anyone else's phone recognize GarfieldEATS as a word, and then died a little inside?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Kickstarter finally getting a run for it's money as a terrible investment platform

sorry I meant invetergagement

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

As someone else point out, I love that his replies and re tweets are always like, 3-5 total. Like, no one reads his poo poo. Lol.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Duckman2008 posted:

As someone else point out, I love that his replies and re tweets are always like, 3-5 total. Like, no one reads his poo poo. Lol.

We do :smith:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The balls on this jamoke to ask strangers for money.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Natheon Genisis Garfivelion

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

SAY YOHO posted:

Natheon Genisis Garfivelion

Pilot the Garfivelion, Pig Bill, or Nathfield will have to do it again

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Vampire Hunter G

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
attack on nathfield

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
The OD-field is like the porcupines' dilemma

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

He’s @ing all in discord and demanding his “fans” invite their friends to the discord.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Powerful Katrinka posted:

To be honest, I'm not sure that Nathen is ever going to get the money to do anything on the scale of GarfieldEATS again. A restaurant has probably been the least terrible of his business ideas; being some kind of hotshot restauranteur who's bankrolled by Daddy is actually attainable. Or it would be if Nathen wasn't such a petulant weirdo

Anyone else's phone recognize GarfieldEATS as a word, and then died a little inside?

I dunno. Chefs are often loving insane but also work themselves to death getting things off the ground.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Escape From Noise posted:

I dunno. Chefs are often loving insane but also work themselves to death getting things off the ground.

He's not a chef, what are you talking about? He's not even interested in opening another restaurant, he's trying to make TV shows and licensing agreements. His father was probably willing to pay for GarfieldEATS because a gimmicky fast food place is the least senseless of Nathen's ideas. I just have this feeling that between Nathen's track record and how stupid his ideas are, his father isn't going to pay for another business venture. He'll probably still pay for his living expenses, but I don't think Mr. Mazri is interested in giving money towards Egeez or Nathfield the Animated Series

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He's not a chef, what are you talking about? He's not even interested in opening another restaurant, he's trying to make TV shows and licensing agreements. His father was probably willing to pay for GarfieldEATS because a gimmicky fast food place is the least senseless of Nathen's ideas. I just have this feeling that between Nathen's track record and how stupid his ideas are, his father isn't going to pay for another business venture. He'll probably still pay for his living expenses, but I don't think Mr. Mazri is interested in giving money towards Egeez or Nathfield the Animated Series

What are you talking about? He invented orange sauce!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

All I'm saying is that his awful personality and penchant for crazy antics aren't the reason he failed at opening a restaurant.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

When you hear eGeez, you must think, oh jeez, look at all this jeez I got everywhere

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Duckman2008 posted:

It's pretty wild that there is so little poop touching in this saga.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

dokmo posted:

It's pretty wild that there is so little poop touching in this saga.
I think it's people's self-preservation instincts in play.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

[thick Slavic accent] I am not tiny producer! I am YUUUUGE producer!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

What are you talking about? He invented orange sauce!

Someone farther up the thread found where it came from. It was just another rebranded product. The only thing Nathen really came up with was the Garfield-shaped pizza crusts

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frank Frank posted:

Someone farther up the thread found where it came from. It was just another rebranded product. The only thing Nathen really came up with was the Garfield-shaped pizza crusts

It's impressive how he screwed himself with this. He could've been moderately successful by selling this poo poo to the Garfield people because it's absolutely the sort of poo poo that sells to the As Seen On TV market.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

All I'm saying is that his awful personality and penchant for crazy antics aren't the reason he failed at opening a restaurant.

I'm dying to know what you think is holding Nathen back. Covid screwed a lot of people, but do you really think that's the reason GarfieldEATS didn't survive? And not Nathen?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I'm dying to know what you think is holding Nathen back. Covid screwed a lot of people, but do you really think that's the reason GarfieldEATS didn't survive? And not Nathen?

Probably his lack of anything resembling focus, drive, an understanding of what the customer wants, an understanding of food, an understanding of customer service, etc. I'm not praising him. I'm just saying that the restaurant business is full of crazy assholes.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I’m going to go with all of the above plus the utter absence of anything approaching a work ethic and the attention span of a goldfish

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Powerful land monsters is what kept Nathen from succeeding.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Interesting question, is there anyway a Garfield themed restaurant chain could of really worked in some how 2020 (minus the covid stuff)?

Like I feel like Garfield isn't exactly the cultural giant that it used to be, and seems like restaurants now days are going more healthy/gourmet/independent.

On the other hand I guess if the food had been actually decent and reasonably priced :shrug:

The whole thing just feels so incredibly 80's- early 90's even if it had somehow been quality I still have a hard time seeing it working in more than one or two location as a weird novelty.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Maybe if it had stellar food? It certainly had a bizarre niche. Not a lot of weird gimmicky fast food places out there.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

How dare you. Garfield died for our sins!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Probably his lack of anything resembling focus, drive, an understanding of what the customer wants, an understanding of food, an understanding of customer service, etc. I'm not praising him. I'm just saying that the restaurant business is full of crazy assholes.

So we agree on Nathen being his own worst enemy. I just don't think Nathen is your typical failed restaurateur, in that owning a restaurant is his dream and life's work and he's actually passionate about food. He loves Garfield and attention, he's not interested in food service except to sell off his weird lasagnas, and sometimes give him clout for social media

I truly feel like Nathen's dad told him to pick a business, and "automated Garfield restaurant" was the least terrible idea he had. Like, Nathen presented his dream notebook to his dad, and the pages with drawings of robots serving pizza were the only thing that could be turned into a viable business

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

So we agree on Nathen being his own worst enemy. I just don't think Nathen is your typical failed restaurateur, in that owning a restaurant is his dream and life's work and he's actually passionate about food. He loves Garfield and attention, he's not interested in food service except to sell off his weird lasagnas, and sometimes give him clout for social media

I truly feel like Nathen's dad told him to pick a business, and "automated Garfield restaurant" was the least terrible idea he had. Like, Nathen presented his dream notebook to his dad, and the pages with drawings of robots serving pizza were the only thing that could be turned into a viable business

Oh yeah. He's out of his mind for sure. He's definitely not typical. He also doesn't give a poo poo about the food. The food was secondary to Garfield.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
“Not typical” only in the sense that he has an infinite pool of money to pull from for do-overs. Plenty of people have bad restaurant ideas that just fail outright (lookin’ at you, Doobs)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Potato shake? WTF?

...is that like a thing?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

dr_rat posted:

Potato shake? WTF?

...is that like a thing?

it is at Mickey Rooney's POTATO FANTASY

which, much like every Nathen Mazri business venture outside GarfEats, is something that did not and never will exist irl

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

“Not typical” only in the sense that he has an infinite pool of money to pull from for do-overs. Plenty of people have bad restaurant ideas that just fail outright (lookin’ at you, Doobs)

In a sense I suppose he reminds me of that Kitchen Nightmares guy who was convinced he could turn his failing restaurant into a franchise and eventually a frozen food empire based on his choose your own adventure menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Does mickey Rooney exist.

How far down does this rabbit hole of deception go???