Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blind Rasputin posted:

It’s a flashback you play through in TLOU2.

But also

OP now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

on it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

I cant believe the queen of england was the talent agency director dude of whatever that is exactly

What pies havent they got their fingers in??

this threads pies!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hey! You! Get off of my pies!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

It’s a flashback you play through in TLOU2.

But also

Tommy is the guy that shows up to the house when I’m ready to put it all behind me and tells me to get back into FF14

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

I never finished DR1 because the AI for the survivors was as dumb as a box of rocks

In DR2 and beyond they fixed it, thankfully

see thats why i didnt like dr2 that much, because you could just ignore the survivors, it didnt feel like much of a ooooh gently caress challenge anymore.

i've been looking up the ps4 versions of DR and as far as i can tell, only DR1 got a phyiscal release in the uk for ps4, and 2 and otr are digital only??? capcom, please. (i got the 360 boxes tho anyway but still!)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m very proud of us as a group

RIP

this is like an rpg sequel and every one starts from level 1 again despite importing.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

Fix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzONb1-CKg

Absolutely in love with the energy this game is bringing.

Oh this actually looks interesting. Like someone else mentioned this definitely looks like the kind of game you'd see in the ps3 gen. I hope it's as fun as it looks in that trailer.

That name is pretty bad though

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Tommy is the guy that shows up to the house when I’m ready to put it all behind me and tells me to get back into FF14

For some reason I associate FF14 with colder months, so November is usually when I resub. Looking forward to it!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Judgement is a stand alone series set in the Yakuza universe.

HOWEVER it does not deal with any characters from the Yakuza games, there are no cameos, and you do not need previous knowledge of the Yakuza series.

there is that... one substory in the first game... oh no.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

and Mirror Face is at the center of the dumbest plot twist of all time.

y4 says hello.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

RIP

this is like an rpg sequel and every one starts from level 1 again despite importing.

don't worry, i Transfarred :smuggo:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Just wanted to re-post this GIF because it absolutely rocks. I am a huge sucker for collapsible helmets in games/movies/etc. and this one absolutely takes the cake.

Have the other 2 I also like:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1570217827055050752?t=Hu0psps25No2JYiqauVJQg&s=19

Lol @ geoff being in the call too

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

lordfrikk posted:

Just wanted to re-post this GIF because it absolutely rocks. I am a huge sucker for collapsible helmets in games/movies/etc. and this one absolutely takes the cake.

Imagine getting your hair stuck in the mechanisms of these things. Yeouch

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bugblatter posted:

Bad voice-over, not bad voice actors. They hire perfectly capable actors these days... just awkward scripts and direction, as you said.

FFVII Remake came off okay. Not great but serviceable... which is an incredible testament to the direction and actors because looking at what they had on the page at times... yeesh.

I thought remake was fantastic. I liked all the voice work and the writing was frequently funny on purpose.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Qualley

he mentioned having a vr game too, its either the xbox game, overdose or ds2 or new horror game or whatever the gently caress he is working on. we know its games with an s however.

edit:

ORRRRR
https://twitter.com/JoseMellinas_/status/1570250489622855683

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 15, 2022

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

you can download the "vr game" here, full on kojima ARG mode

https://tgsvr.com/en/download/
https://streamable.com/j0l29r

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStran...utm_name=iossmf

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JBP posted:

I thought remake was fantastic. I liked all the voice work and the writing was frequently funny on purpose.

100% Same. It is my second favourite game ever specifically because of the characters and their interactions and the story. Everything else about it is lovely dessert.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

DLC weapons don't count for the main game weapons trophy, I think they have their own trophy unless I'm mistaken, so make sure you have stuff like the Beast Claw, Reiterpalasch, etc all in the same file

Oh this is not for the plat (of which I will try to do the two endings I have not) this is for the very last trophy of the DLC. I have the reiterpalasch, fist of gratia, tons of other things. I am pretty sure the kos parasite and the beast claw are the two last things I need to get.

Alternatively, I could just load my OTHER save, the NG+ one from when I beat it in 2020, and go get Rakuyo now that I know what to do.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Not excited about Kojima coyness as much as I used to be I guess. His marketing campaigns toe the line between interesting and exhausting, since you know he can never just come out and say what his game is about. I liked Death Stranding but it didn't really seem worth all the secrecy for his big 'strand' idea that ended up just being asynchronous multiplayer.

I suppose it'll have a cool trailer with whatever newest song/band he liked, and the games are always solid (ha) when they actually come out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Totally same. I didn't think Square had it in them, but it was incredible to have that game meet my rather specific yet weirdly undefined expectation of what those characters are supposed to act and sound like.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

BisterdDave posted:

For some reason I associate FF14 with colder months, so November is usually when I resub. Looking forward to it!

Merry gaming 🎄

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

fridge corn posted:

Trip report pls

I have played through Chapter 1 of the Valkyrie Elysium demo in a little under 2 hours. I don't know if there's much more to do because I stopped there, but it looks like I can go back at do side quests in the first area at least. First thing to get out of the way is that this game got the Trials of Mana budget, not the FFXV budget, so adjust expectations accordingly. I'm not entirely sold on the hybrid cel-shade art style, and the colors looked a bit washed out on my screen although that might just be an HDR thing. The gameplay however is very fun. If you've played DMC or basically any 3-D Square RPG from the past seven years, then this is a simplified version of that. The levels are mostly linear monster arenas with some hidden areas, there's a combo meter, and you get a letter ranking at the end. The double jump, the hookshot, the aerial combos, the witch time, it's all here, it's a CAG folks. Overall I enjoyed it and will be looking forward to playing some more when I get back from work, maybe on Hard this time because Normal seemed quite easy. If you don't immediately love the 21-year old actress told to speak with an over-enunciated British accent energy of this game then why have you even read this far.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

see thats why i didnt like dr2 that much, because you could just ignore the survivors, it didnt feel like much of a ooooh gently caress challenge anymore.

i've been looking up the ps4 versions of DR and as far as i can tell, only DR1 got a phyiscal release in the uk for ps4, and 2 and otr are digital only??? capcom, please. (i got the 360 boxes tho anyway but still!)

The survivors in 2 are pretty drat hardy but Off The Record corrects that particular issue

Apparently a lot of people agreed with you... too bad about everything that came after OTR

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Goddamn, and I thought the grey Joon-gi Han hair looked good on Kiryu. Can't wait to see what other hair they have in store for him.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Wolfsheim posted:

Everyone always goes full twee or British butler or Whedon with talking magical swords and bracelets and such but has anyone ever tried going Werner Herzog with it

you might be joking but I would play the gently caress out a werner herzog game

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLUabduLOqg
The person playing it is just aimlessly running around but you do get some glimpses of the combat and the world.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Cowman posted:

Yeah same. There's a pretty solid stealth/survival game somewhere in the premise of Rescue Dawn

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Or maybe an open-world GTA-style Bad Lieutenant with your iconic iguana sidekick

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Cowman posted:

This steamship puzzle is bullshit, I've been trying to pull it up the mountain for like 3 hours now only to keep getting stuck on geometry. Uninstalling this broken-rear end game.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I fully imagine a Werner Herzog game to be a meta commentary on why video games are a waste of time and that you should go outside and get in real fights instead of virtual ones

Edit: Or like Hideo Kojima but without the horniness and way more bleak and depressing

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Stardew Valley-style Grizzly Man game where you're a lazy gamer who decides to move to the wilderness and commune with nature with your girlfriend, but there's a timer counting down to your inevitable deaths by grizzly bear

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don’t think Herzog would be that preachy. Bad Lieutenant is pretty much Nic Cage playing a GTA protagonist IRL.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I think Herzog would want to make a fun game because he gets right into the spirit of things.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPDI4ehuA38

Some new footage of Wo Long(looks amazing), there is a character creator and there seems to be personal pronouns? Some chud will get mad this because it's not historically accurate Three Kingdoms in a game where you are literally shooting lighting spells out of your fingertips.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

lordfrikk posted:

I won't stand for this Total Recall erasure!

https://i.imgur.com/brujmVP.gifv

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why do we care what the guy who tried to buy baby yoda thinks about video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

capcom showcase is about to start, get ready!