Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Goonfleet members didn't enforce a No Sex Pest clause when joining so it's actually their fault if you think about it

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Lol init is leaving to join ph

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dalmuti posted:

Lol init is leaving to join ph

They're perfect for each other, but also lol and lmao

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

PhilippAchtel posted:

Isn't the "Horn of Goondor" meant to solicit help in your hour of need from exactly the sort of part-time retired players that were hurt by this? Why would they trust you if you drop the ball on this stuff?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lol, GSF was dead to rights without the horn

even with it, the turnaround after m2 was skin-of-teeth for weeks

they can jerk themselves off all they want, doesn't change a drat thing about the reality of the war

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

FirstnameLastname posted:

lollin'

accepting goonfucking through technicality goes against the entire spirit of 'don't goonfuck', which is a convention based on moral guidelines, not legal ones. i.e. there are no "technically good" morally bad acts

especially when there's no other justification, given or to be assumed, besides wanting to steal from friendlies

that's how you get a group of people to not trust each other and not want to help each other, ever again.

having leadership give something like this a full pass signals, at best weakness in their resolve to enforce espoused moral values with consistency or an unspoken rewrite of said moral values from "just don't gently caress goons" into "gently caress goons, got mine"

At that point, how is the overall esprit de corps supposed to be different from PAPI or any other big clump of crabs in buckets fuckin each other over

I haven't played EVE in over 12 years, or posted here in ages, but I clicked on the EVE thread and see firstname lastname. Is that actually you? You were one of the funniest in Goonfleet back in the very old days.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

No, and furthermore,

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Txt me

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

lol

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

we did it

the imp pier is dead

edit: to the brave members of the "theta squadron" "ascee" and other assorted groups that were wise early on to our insidious plot to infiltrate and destroy your gaming coalition, watch out................................................................................................................................................

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 15, 2022

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

andromache posted:

As far as I’m aware, when bastion sold the structures to init, they didn’t require a no piñata clause. Imagine being politically outsmarted by Brave.

So legal? Yes. Kinda lovely? Yes.

c'mon, dude

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Potato Salad posted:

they can jerk themselves off all they want, doesn't change a drat thing about the reality of the war

yeah but the people that left after the drama, had they not come back, nothing would've changed

they are god awful now, they were god awful back then

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah but the people that left after the drama, had they not come back, nothing would've changed

they are god awful now, they were somethingawful back then

FTFY...

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i lost two covetors and another three tayras today

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Potato Salad posted:

yeah delta sqad won the war

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
every tactical victory after m2- was entirely because of delta sqad. delta saved the ihubs. delta stopped the azbels from anchoring. delta harassed papi so ruthlessly and endlessly that they collapsed and left. delta won the war for the imperium.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I thought at first y'all were overstating your impact, then I started paying attention to just how much effort PAPI was throwing against sax fleet, trying to make something stick

it was unreal

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Stereotype posted:

every tactical victory after m2- was entirely because of delta sqad. delta saved the ihubs. delta stopped the azbels from anchoring. delta harassed papi so ruthlessly and endlessly that they collapsed and left. delta won the war for the imperium.

Everyone had roles, Delta's was important but not the only one. For instance Cormorant God and I (both Theta at the time) were among the top corp mail posters. :3:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Stereotype posted:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

WWB2 wasn't going to be won without the horn, every single then-ally of the Imperium, every FC that was still active, every HAC available on the market, etc

but Delta pushed that poo poo over the edge and turned fights that would've been a wash or a loss into a victory with a clutch, night after night

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Also our posting is incredible

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Dalmuti posted:

Also our posting is incredible

Let's not get carried away

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Also lets be honest, there is one person who had the most impact and should be considered the most responsible towards the defeat of PAPi.

This person led fleets, was seen haulin poo poo & doing logistics, gave orders, interviews and was confident, smug,etc etc..

Lets all thank Vily for his effort and brilliant tactical manoeuvers.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dalael posted:

Also lets be honest, there is one person who had the most impact and should be considered the most responsible towards the defeat of PAPi.

This person led fleets, was seen haulin poo poo & doing logistics, gave orders, interviews and was confident, smug,etc etc..

:drat:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dalael posted:

:patriot:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Vily's whole thing was that he came back to goonswarm from a long break and didn't get the red carpet rolled out for him and his old job back so he quit in a fit of rage, then planned for years to tear them down in revenge, right?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stereotype posted:

i singlehandedly turned the war by bjing every fleet for 3 months straight, every one of those fights gsf took the isk war victory when it was extremely rare before then

it forced enemy fleets to orbit at 30 instead of anchoring, reducing the hostiles damage output by anywhere from 10-30%, on top of also getting burst jammed

papi was never going to be able to win the war after m2-, another engagement at that level was already solved by bjing, 1dq was never going to fall

delta did tornados which was almost as good as what i was doing alone

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Actually vily was a delta sqad sleeper agent the whole time. Aritzia gave the go ahead for him to jump supercaps into m2

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I have not played eve in about 6ish years. I keep tab on eve news every now and then when I'm feeling masocistic, so I don't pay that much attention.

But holy poo poo, things sure seem to have imploded. I have no idea what the gently caress happened, but it seems like there was a lot of space drama going around.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Cimber posted:

I have not played eve in about 6ish years. I keep tab on eve news every now and then when I'm feeling masocistic, so I don't pay that much attention.

But holy poo poo, things sure seem to have imploded. I have no idea what the gently caress happened, but it seems like there was a lot of space drama going around.

there is actually not that much drama, the old leader gave up his throne after disregarding sexual harassment claims, then we got a new guy who is dope, fixed all the problems with sexual harassment, and we're pogchamping rn

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

there is actually not that much drama, the old leader gave up his throne after disregarding sexual harassment claims, then we got a new guy who is dope, fixed all the problems with sexual harassment, and we're pogchamping rn

Literally all of this remains to be tested.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
All problems have been fixed and that’s why gays and women continue to leave the org

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Solus posted:

All problems have been fixed and that’s why gays and women continue to leave the org

there are some joining as well

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
We got any of sound mind posters here? Heard a rumour I might be seeing you in faction warfare

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

they still haven't unbanned me or apologized or paid me one billion isk in damages for being Objectively Correct so clearly they're still just as bad as always

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
also they should name one of the faction forts in 1dq after me. and also put a keepstar back in w6v

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

KerenskyWhite posted:

Literally all of this remains to be tested.

Solus posted:

qft

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

angry armadillo posted:

We got any of sound mind posters here? Heard a rumour I might be seeing you in faction warfare

yes sound left the crunchwrap coalition and is going to start doing FW on the minmatar side. i have no idea when or from where but it was announced in bigab discord the other night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Solus posted:

they did before the drama, people leave for a myriad of reasons, real or imagined