Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this is jek porkins erasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
why are the effects in fast and furious movies so bad. people talk about marvel but has anyone watched these

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Sunk Dunk posted:

why are the effects in fast and furious movies so bad. people talk about marvel but has anyone watched these

Target demo dont give a poo poo

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/amazon-blade-runner-2099-tv-series-pickup-1235220944/

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

the media is reporting that they are one of the most rushed-through productions in hollywood, and that toxic personalities like vin diesel, the dwayne johnson and others have made for a tense and combative set. i guess you could say that they are fast and furious

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If I were ridley scott, who is 84 years old, I would simply be preparing to leave the world

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Even if it does suck Bladerunner stuff looks really cool so I'll watch it

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The "oops" at Shredder's apparent loving cold blooded murder always makes me laugh just to even think about.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

jeeves posted:

The "oops" at Shredder's apparent loving cold blooded murder always makes me laugh just to even think about.

Certainly an influential moment in film history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1enLZqso91w

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

those aren't effects, vin diesel really drives like that

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

She directed Wonder Woman 1984 so she's now answering for her crimes

This is like Colin Trevorrow losing Episode IX after The Book of Henry. At least The Book of Henry was the fun kind of bad, though!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

rian johnson lost a couple star warses, the game of thrones guys lost a trilogy, lord and miller were drawn and quartered and supplanted by House Howard. you do not fail the empire

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

They should do this with all of the Star Wars.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
[in Sam Elliott voice] The Rogue Squardrin.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

The showrunner for this series, Silka Luisa, has three entire shows under her belt, one of them being Halo. So... don't get your hopes up.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I’m fine with Star Wars just being dumb action schlock now.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No Mods No Masters posted:

Finally, the burning andor questions I didn't even I know I had

Avclub used to be pretty great but now it seems like all their articles are " the 5 most emotionally gut wrenching episodes of Ducktales"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Toxic Mental posted:

Raphael was such a loving dickhead

What the hell was his problem?

Raph plus the incredibly, INCREDIBLY ugly suits, really put me off the movie. I hope they talk about how weird everybody looked (including April and shredder). Oh and that little punk Danny, he was a dickhead too! The whole movie is filled with ugly jerks

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

colonelwest posted:

all I want is a good star wars videogame

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

poisonpill posted:

What the hell was his problem?

Raph plus the incredibly, INCREDIBLY ugly suits, really put me off the movie. I hope they talk about how weird everybody looked (including April and shredder). Oh and that little punk Danny, he was a dickhead too! The whole movie is filled with ugly jerks

I mean I know they're supposed to be teenagers but my god what a whiny hoe

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cubone posted:

*googles*

so it was
and the movie was called Cat's Eye

thank 🙏
The best story in Cat's Eye was James Woods quitting smoking.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

colonelwest posted:

Me too, except Andor is going to tell us about class strife I guess? And I fully expect the Acolyte show to try say how the Jedi can be bad guys actually.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The new Star wars is gonna suck andor blow

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Finally, the burning andor questions I didn't even I know I had

It’s a UTI actually

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lister posted:

Me too, except Andor is going to tell us about class strife I guess? And I fully expect the Acolyte show to try say how the Jedi can be bad guys actually.

Yeah that is the problem. They keep trying to reach for concepts that their writers can’t handle. Like the Jedi being super lovely is there right under the surface of the canon, but it’s always been bungled any time they try to explore it; outside of KOTOR 2 at least.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Rian: What if the real cause of the star wars were arms dealers cynically perpetuating the conflict to make money?
Rian 5 minutes later: Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm trying to remove it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Star Wars: Andor is being heralded by a cast member as a "Take on the Trumpian World," so i would not expect any sort of class consciousness as this space opera has bigger issues to tackle. such as, the fat stupid man is bad, and it is bad when he does bad things

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

the fat stupid man is bad, and it is bad when he does bad things

Mike isn't so bad, come on

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I’m sure those arms dealers are making a killing suppling all 14 members of the Resistance, while competing against Palpy just conjuring Star Destroyers out of thin air.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mang u wanna buy some death stars? [opens up space trench coat]

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

colonelwest posted:

I’m sure those arms dealers are making a killing suppling all 14 members of the Resistance, while competing against Palpy just conjuring Star Destroyers out of thin air.

Lol

We can make more money selling to both sides of the conflict. One on side are 14 guerrilla fighters who can afford a couple guns and on the other side they just make all their war material appear

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Even those 14 would have been murked except for basically just random chance while the arms dealers neglected to lift a finger. So they're not so much good at their conflict perpetuation plan as lucky

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

That DICK! posted:

Star Wars: Andor is being heralded by a cast member as a "Take on the Trumpian World," so i would not expect any sort of class consciousness as this space opera has bigger issues to tackle. such as, the fat stupid man is bad, and it is bad when he does bad things

Lol

I can’t wait for the puerile stand-in for Trump (drawn from some 7th grader’s social studies essay) to get owned by one shape comment from Mon Mothma.

Then I’ll wake up the next morning and every workplace in America will be fully unionized and offer fair and equitable pay.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 15, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

poisonpill posted:

The new Star wars is gonna suck andor blow
:lol:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Lol

We can make more money selling to both sides of the conflict. One on side are 14 guerrilla fighters who can afford a couple guns and on the other side they just make all their war material appear

'oh hey one side of the conflict is totally wiped out. Let's party about it!;

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Sunk Dunk posted:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That DICK! posted:

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/star-wars-andor-is-take-on-trumpian-world-20220804

Lmfao it's a real quote

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Patrick Stewart fumbling around in a press junket’s uncomfortable chair

“Uhhh…Brexit?”

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

colonelwest posted:

Yeah that is the problem. They keep trying to reach for concepts that their writers can’t handle. Like the Jedi being super lovely is there right under the surface of the canon, but it’s always been bungled any time they try to explore it; outside of KOTOR 2 at least.

I'd actually be hopefully for the show Acolyte if it was going to be about two jedi knights that fall in love and are expelled from the jedi order because of it. They have no other skills, family, or friends because they've been indoctrinated since they were children, so they get recruited by the bad guys. If it was about how people fall into extremist ideologies because they have no where else to turn, or because of a charismatic cult leader or something, then I think that could make for an interesting show.

But we all know it's going to be about some bad guys who discover a child who needs protecting and decide to give up the dark path to help them. No way disney has the balls to make anything with an unrepentant protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Let’s make a superhero movie about how judgmental and unwelcoming the world can be against an actor accused of multiple felonies