Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

If this rail strike happens, the dems will be destroyed without a doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lol

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/s...ingawful.com%2F

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
They hosed it up so bad.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
If only we had a president who knew how to make deals!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Most Progressive President in History :patriot:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
yeah they suck lol

this is just wow, like, really bad

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Time to beat up some russian agents i guess

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Say what you will about Joe, but at least the trains run on time!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Strike’s off, some sort of agreement was reached. no-one’s reporting the actual terms yet, just that it was a “compromise”

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Kazzah posted:

Strike’s off, some sort of agreement was reached. no-one’s reporting the actual terms yet, just that it was a “compromise”

Yeah just saw this on WaPo

I'm assuming the "agreement" is with union leaders, rank and file has to also approve, right?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lindsey Graham telling everyone that the moment the republicans get in power they intend to double down on abortion might diminish the amount of destruction I was hoping for. Once again of course no one is asking why, if when republicans are in power they can ban abortion, can't the democrats while they're in power guarantee it but that would take admitting to some hard truths.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Kazzah posted:

theres no actual agreement the terms are garbage and the union still has to vote

edit: if the vote fails they strike is my assumption

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 13:08 on Sep 15, 2022

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the Democrats do not care about what you think

https://mobile.twitter.com/theintercept/status/1570264576507215873

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Once again of course no one is asking why, if when republicans are in power they can ban abortion, can't the democrats while they're in power guarantee it but that would take admitting to some hard truths.

one of those Truths(tm) being that both Hoe Biden and at least 5 Senate Dems are forced birth supporters, but remember, vote Bleu no matter wheu

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

Make this the cspam subtitle pls

i just now noticed that it was made into the cspam subtitle lol

cant wait for them dems to get destroyed tho

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Kazzah posted:

https://twitter.com/JonahFurman/status/1570424964175519745

it kind of seems like the government just declared victory for the headlines but the deal they're pushing is the same trash rank and file rejected already

https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1570434269012725762

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

There's no reason for the train companies to bargain in good faith since they know the Biden administration will make their employees work at gunpoint if it comes to that rather than let the supply train get disrupted.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

literally the only reason swung in on this is because getting the leaders to agree to a deal, even if it’s a garbage deal the members will instantly vote down, resets the cooldown clock and prevents the workers from striking legally for like three weeks. it’s stalling, because Biden is afraid of the republicans gaining enough control to impeach him and destroy his legacy (the one thing he has ever consistently given a poo poo about) and a rail strike would instantly destroy all the goodwill student debt cancellation and roe fallout won them

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
wow sounds like maybe biden should've done something other than instantly siding with management like a bitch

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wow sounds like maybe biden should've done something other than instantly siding with management like a bitch

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

New thread title pls

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the ultimate troll would be the railroad workers strike 2-3 days before the midterms

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

the ultimate troll would be the railroad workers strike 2-3 days before the midterms

that’s the thing about these 2 week cooling off periods… 2 weeks from today means the workers can vote it down at the end of the month. then maybe another couple weeks of loving around and you’re looking at just a few weeks until the mid terms.

really until know it was difficult to see how the democrats would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but I think it’s starting to come together

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

They don't even care what they think!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

that’s the thing about these 2 week cooling off periods… 2 weeks from today means the workers can vote it down at the end of the month. then maybe another couple weeks of loving around and you’re looking at just a few weeks until the mid terms.

really until know it was difficult to see how the democrats would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but I think it’s starting to come together

i dont see them winning the house at all maybe 50-50 the senate

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So weird thing I've seen in FB groups and twitter discussions of the railway labor talks where an actual organizer has described sentiment on the ground like "Yeah this deal is bullshit" or "The terms still are XYZ" are vague driveby "Actually I work for the rail company and know this deal is better so is likely to pass" by folks with little to no history in the group and who don't respond to follow ups like "was sicktime added?" Or "Are you a Union represented employee or manager?"

And it's fishy because it's always couched or phrased in that way libs love to lie by pretending if they can just equivocate or speak in half truths they're not really lying. Just loving lie on your bot or burner account.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

if anyone still has any hope for the democrats left to kill, listen to bjg's interview with james zogby that just came out. a solid hour of a progressive dem exhibiting the absolute smoothest brain you can imagine; the inevitable and incontrovertible conclusion of his strategy failing for decades slipping by him like water flowing around a rock

Oneiros has issued a correction as of 05:56 on Sep 16, 2022

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
i don't know who bj is (maybe spell out the name?) but good news for Warnock other than that Quinnipiac poll with a large sample size (+6)...

new poll out by something called Center Street PAC among likely voters and then registered voters. The weird thing? Among registered voters, Warnock does WAY better, which is like the opposite of what I was expecting.

542 Likely Voters
Walker 45
Warnock 49 (+4)

949 Registered Voters
Walker 37
Warnock 50 (+13)

Grandpa Palpatine has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Sep 17, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HallelujahLee posted:

i dont see them winning the house at all maybe 50-50 the senate
senate map's insanely favorable, I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're talking 52-54 D

(mostly because the candidates involved in even the marginal seats are just crazy as poo poo, good job running Dr Oz)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1570739530323599361

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I love pollposting, it makes it even funnier when they're inevitably wrong

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

he has such abysmal polling numbers that 9% only gets him to like 44%

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HallelujahLee posted:

he has such abysmal polling numbers that 9% only gets him to like 44%
yeah the 9% bump is entirely student loans, right, the instant he did literally anything he returned to baseline "one party likes everyone else hates" favorability

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah the 9% bump is entirely student loans, right, the instant he did literally anything he returned to baseline "one party likes everyone else hates" favorability

its probably a combo of loans gas prices going down(lol) as if he has any control over that. i think thats probably the max hes getting, inflation and everything else getting worse will probably drop it a few points before the midterms.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

HallelujahLee posted:

its probably a combo of loans gas prices going down(lol) as if he has any control over that. i think thats probably the max hes getting, inflation and everything else getting worse will probably drop it a few points before the midterms.

On the topic of gas prices, they're already climbing here. I wonder if they're gonna be like covid and as long as the number is below the new peak nobody cares, or if people are gonna say "it costs over 20% more to fill up than it did 2 years ago" and be mad.
Normally the dem line is "the president doesn't control gas prices" but even Biden's team was crowing about gas prices just a month or so ago

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

has the loan stuff even happened yet last time I checked navient or whatever its called now it said they were opening up applications for forgiveness "soon"!! and i do not trust these loving cretins to actually follow through

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

the bitcoin of weed posted:

has the loan stuff even happened yet last time I checked navient or whatever its called now it said they were opening up applications for forgiveness "soon"!! and i do not trust these loving cretins to actually follow through

Nope, but the deadline to apply is approaching! Seriously Biden even loving put a September deadline to apply. So it's pretty clear the money faucet is only opening once.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

On the topic of gas prices, they're already climbing here. I wonder if they're gonna be like covid and as long as the number is below the new peak nobody cares, or if people are gonna say "it costs over 20% more to fill up than it did 2 years ago" and be mad.
Normally the dem line is "the president doesn't control gas prices" but even Biden's team was crowing about gas prices just a month or so ago

i think people are aware gas is still way higher than before and yeah odds are they crow that its down 10% or whatever compared to last month.

edit: the loan thing is probably going to be a mess like everything the dems do that being said if the chuds find a way to stop it in the courts or prolong it people will be rightly pissed whether that translate to them blaming the chuds or dems no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

the bitcoin of weed posted:

No and there are a number of court cases being lined up to strike down forgiveness.