Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

lol but also I'm not playing that garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Never thought I'd play a Peppa Pig game but gotta get those easy cheevos

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wiltsghost posted:

lol, good luck homie

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Larry Parrish posted:

list of Sony exclusives now: uhh... that Astros clubhouse thing? and demon souls remake and Bloodborne. that's it
can i play returnal on xbox yet

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

butt dickus posted:

Xbox controllers aren’t powerful enough for that game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should add gyro to the Xbox

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Kins posted:

More info on the Forza Horizon anniversary event

Starts October 11. Lasts four weeks. Adds a new Horizon Story, a new radio station with music from previous games, and a Midnight Battles head-to-head race mode.

this would be a great time to remaster forza horizon 1, that game was great and its online was very unique for the series

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

yea

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RE4 Remake is now dropping Bone but keeping PS4, making it a Current Gen only title on Xbox and Crossgen on PS5/PS4 so thats interesting.

Saves Capcom 2 versions nobody was gonna play

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“Interesting” in a bad way

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The BoneX haver in this thread is gonna be disappointed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

butt dickus posted:

didn't even consider anyone would want to play returdinal

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I might take a look at Deathloop again to see what they added to it, maybe they improved the multiplayer?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there is one (1) Ratchet and Clank game that nobody mentions anymore

I forgot that got released. You're right, people really don't seem to mention it when counting up potential PS5 exclusives.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 15, 2022

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this would be a great time to remaster forza horizon 1, that game was great and its online was very unique for the series

God, I wish. I've never played the first two and would love to play them on pc.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ErrEff posted:

I might take a look at Deathloop again to see what they added to it, maybe they improved the multiplayer?

I guess Juliana got some new powers, but the big thing is all-platform crossplay. The Xbox/game pass release is going to be a shot in the arm for multiplayer in the near term, but crossplay is gonna give it some deserved longevity. For a game that's ultimately a bunch of a cool ideas that didn't quite come together in the oven, it's good news that one of the coolest ideas is getting an extension.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

didn't even consider anyone would want to play returdinal
yeah those grapes are probably sour anyway

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Outer Wilds update for X/S and PS5 is out today. Released from 30 FPS prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMcTusNAc5w

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Wiltsghost posted:

God, I wish. I've never played the first two and would love to play them on pc.

the second is the weakest in the series by far, you are missing very little with that one. the first was a lot of fun and with an opened-up map it'd be even better.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

hatty posted:

I’ve been playing Splatoon 3 now that it’s out, haven’t played 2 in over a year.

Took a hot minute to remember the gyro mechanic but now that I’m back in the swing of things I would love for Xbox to do something with it but it’s a pipe dream.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

ErrEff posted:

I forgot that got released. You're right, people really don't seem to mention it when counting up potential PS5 exclusives.

I'll take this bait. I did a 3-monther to the PS+ to knock out some of their exclusives. Most of the stuff I've played are the PS5 version of PS4 games (FF7:Remake, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima) but for PS5 exclusives right now-

Ratchet's a really fun action-platform, and it looks really, really pretty in motion. It's been the first thing I've played on Gen9 that I'm like, "ah this is what all this is working toward." Story's pretty all right as well.
Returnal's my type of game, but if you don't like bullet-hell games, playing a high-speed one in 3D probably not going to work out for you.
Demon's Souls is very impressive looking, but a magic build makes the game pretty easy to face roll through.

I was going to nab Deathloop when it was added to Sony's program, but I got GamePass too, so uh, nah.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 15, 2022

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
After Valheim, Hardspace, and now Dyson Sphere Program I don't think I'm going to buy any of the early access PC darlings anymore since they always seem to come to Game Pass. Xbox say winning

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MikeRabsitch posted:

After Valheim, Hardspace, and now Dyson Sphere Program I don't think I'm going to buy any of the early access PC darlings anymore since they always seem to come to Game Pass. Xbox say winning

Oh hell yeah I missed DSP is coming too, that rules.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Absolute gamepass feast. Pentiment, lies of P etc. Coming this year too. I'm probably not gonna buy a game until the yakuza game drops.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

MikeRabsitch posted:

I'm grumpy that Total Warhammer doesn't read my Steam purchases so I can't immortal empires it up, but otherwise this is a pretty great eand of year run they're on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been playing NBA 2k23, and the next-gen version has a new game mode called MyEra's that lets you play with NBA rules & teams from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. Can finally play a basketball game again with the Seattle Super Sonics. :homebrew:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
If you like rhythm games, first-person shooters, and metal music, you absolutely have to play Metal Hellsinger! Surprised at how challenging it can get though, even on the easiest difficulty.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

If you like rhythm games, first-person shooters, and metal music, you absolutely have to play Metal Hellsinger! Surprised at how challenging it can get though, even on the easiest difficulty.
lol thanks for the warning. i was going to download it because of the name but i dislike all of those things

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

butt dickus posted:

yeah those grapes are probably sour anyway

I've seriously heard nobody talk about it at all lol so...

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Returdinal's entire hype was being exclusive and using haptics I think there's a reason why no one talks about it anymore. Remember the bugsnax hype? Bugsnax came to Xbox and I think even gamepass and I don't don't know anyone who played it or even installed it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bugsnax song was dope.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Bugsnax song was dope.

I'll take your word for it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Seltzer posted:

Returdinal's entire hype was being exclusive and using haptics I think there's a reason why no one talks about it anymore. Remember the bugsnax hype? Bugsnax came to Xbox and I think even gamepass and I don't don't know anyone who played it or even installed it.

People bring it up all the time in the ps5 thread, usually a newcomer discovering what insane audio it has.

Hopefully the devs learn their lesson and whatever comes next isn’t quite so punishing, considering every boon you get has negative effects :argh:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Can't wait to try noted bad game deathloop on game pass!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

I pay for the premium service where my reward last month was "literally nothing" and this month its a bunch more ps3 streaming only games.

It's worth it to watch Sony promise to do what Nintendon't only to let down their most annoying fans (yet again)

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

People bring it up all the time in the ps5 thread, usually a newcomer discovering what insane audio it has.

Hopefully the devs learn their lesson and whatever comes next isn’t quite so punishing, considering every boon you get has negative effects :argh:
i've played it and am very much into roguelites. for me it would be worth buying a ps5 to play but not if i have to go through a bunch of trouble to get it

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ni no Kuni is a little too hand-holdy for my liking in the first parts, but this comes with the territory I guess.

Also Drippy is kind of a jerk.

exquisite tea posted:

Bugsnax song was dope.

Bugsnax was alright. I wouldn't say it fully lived up to its potential but as a small-scale creature capturing game it's perfectly fine. Sesame Street with light body horror is a strange mix but they mostly pulled it off.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ratchet and Clank is why I have a PS5 but Im not paying 70 dollars for it when it should come to PSNow.

Larry Parrish posted:

I've seriously heard nobody talk about it at all lol so...

Its because it sold like 500,000 copies. It was not a standard Sony size hit, even accounting for console availability.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Yeah, it's an unfortunate issue going back to somewhere around November of 2013.

I cant believe...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wiltsghost posted:

My kid liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Returnal was €80 at launch in European markets. That probably didn't help either.

That's become the norm for premium games now, but I think at the time that was one of the first games to carry a higher price tag in those markets?

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 16, 2022