Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Regalingualius posted:

-Are any of the structure decks on sale right now worth getting? Staying F2P at the moment
There’s no sales. They are all worth 500 per set and will stay there forever. It’s worth getting just for whatever card in it that you could use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Utopia one is a good starting point for building a decently potent deck. Utopiowns.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you've just played the tutorials you are probably not prepared for the power level of a modern YGO deck. I'd suggest looking up a couple master duel videos just to see what you're potentially up again.

(Link is the correct choice though, Link Spider is legit a good and widely played card)

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I'll also pitch in and say you don't really need to ever worry about p2p, the events and login bonuses are super generous and thanks to the way MD handles crafting, making a deck or two is not that bad. You can lose a lot of dust making staples, but no one says you can't run Forbidden Chalice over Forbidden Droplet, for isntance.

All of the UR staple bundles in the shop are a real good deal, too.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I would start with making the staples you can tho. Ash, maxx c, and called by are pretty much always good in every deck and will make your winrate go up (bc a lot of people just scoop when you ash lol)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'd also recommend starting with a deck that doesn't use the Extra Deck all that much like Floowandereeze or Eldlich, both because they're easier to wrap your head around as a returning player and also because you don't need to spend even more UR dust on Extra Deck monsters to have a good deck to start with.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's another advantage to getting three of the Utopia deck, you can just fill your extra with 15 Utopias as a starting point and cycle them out as you get the good stuff.

Lmao, logged in and bought the two new bundles and I pulled a fuckin royal finish Rainbow Neos. Outstanding

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 15, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Agreed that the Utopia structure deck is the best. Pure Utopia's an OTK deck that's very easy to wrap your head around. A bit linear, but definitely not bad.

mandatory lesbian posted:

I would start with making the staples you can tho. Ash, maxx c, and called by are pretty much always good in every deck and will make your winrate go up (bc a lot of people just scoop when you ash lol)
I also agree with this. Avoids the badfeels if you end up making cards for decks you don't like, because you can just use these cards in your new deck instead.

I'd also recommend TheDuelLogs' videos about the top 10 Normal and Rare staple cards. Yeah, they're listicle videos, but he does a good job of explaining why they're good and what you want to use them for. (And you can just look in the description for the raw list if you really hate the format.)

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I would recommend getting three copies of the Dragonmaid structure deck. It's by far the most complete of the structure decks, with everything you need to play the archetype. Buy three copies of that, buy all five bundles, then craft the aforementioned staples. If you have crafting materials left over at that point, you can look into the two or three extra deck monsters that are relevant for the deck but not included in the structure deck. It's also a deck that can facilitate the Branded engine really well.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So these elemental orbs from the solo adventure stuff, should I basically not worry and just spend ‘em as soon as I need them, or are they important for something else?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Worthless, spend it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This deck is so stupid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tdiuzS20lM

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
That sure is a thumbnail that makes me never want to click on the video

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

That sure is a thumbnail that makes me never want to click on the video

Lithium is a good yugituber, he's just doing what he has to do to appease the algorithm. :shrug:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"Don't let the other person play" has been YGO's driving aspect for a while now, so a deck that just locks every opponent zone while also banishing their entire deck face-down just feels like a completely logical step for the game at this point.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Regalingualius posted:

Welp, I finally gave into the temptation and downloaded Master Duel after not playing since I was a kid, though I did play Hearthstone until just last year.

I’ve only been playing through the tutorial/solo stuff so far (picked the Cyberse starter deck because hey, new mechanic = better, right?), and was just wondering:

-Are any of the structure decks on sale right now worth getting? Staying F2P at the moment

-Is the Monarch deck actually good? Started playing that storyline last night, but obviously they’re set up to make the archetype look good when you play it

I'd say the utopia and dragonmaid starter decks are decent starting decks. Be sure if you pick one, to buy 3 copies of it. Also be sure to get the "bundle deals" for staple cards that you can use in every deck like ash blossom and forbidden droplets.

Unfortunately the monarch decks aren't very good. Their main problem is that they're a very bricky deck, but even if you want to go the route of playing a normal summon focused deck that locks out the opponent, flowandereeze is mostly just better.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/infomantis/status/1570344664389275648?t=cqtsngkkXE57KOLtG6lJvg&s=19

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Julias posted:

Their main problem is that they're a very bricky deck, but even if you want to go the route of playing a normal summon focused deck that locks out the opponent, flowandereeze is mostly just better.
Floo can even play the best Monarch cards in their own deck if they wanna be extremely rude.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
And the two playable Earthbound immortals. AND small world. If you get a good run you can even tribute one Immortal for the other while tributing 2 bits of your opponents backrow as well so you can just wipe their monsters, their backrow AND their hand at the same time.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

surprisingly easy to resolve, all things considered

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:wave:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pank at 2 lol.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
They've also mentioned that on the 30th, 'certain' cards that are forbidden will be able to be generated for use in free duels. They only mentioned Pot of Greed, but presumably there are others.

And before the 30th, we have another thing to live in fear of.

so that's how they're making that new structure competitive

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

God drat they move fast. Wasn't the last banlist just like, last month?

Good to see they're implementing real life bans in advance though. Also pretty nice to see the new semi limits as they seem to be tailored a bit more to Bo1

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Kind of ridiculous that Master Duel is getting a new banlist while those of us in TCG land are STILL waiting for a new one. :argh:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Didn't they say last time that the next TCG banlist would be "no sooner than December 25th"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

blizzardvizard posted:

Didn't they say last time that the next TCG banlist would be "no sooner than December 25th"

That was a type or something. The page currently says 'in a few months'. It went active on May 17th, so...yeah.

Must be nice living in OCG land and getting a new banlist every three months on the dot.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Judgment is back with the structure deck. :yeshaha:

Also you'll be able to craft forbidden cards from the 30th September for unlimited play

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bring back Traditional Format (so everyone remembers why they killed Traditional Format).

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
With the OCG banning Wandering Gryphon Rider, I hope Master Duel follows suit soon. Really glad to see Halq gone, and more floodgates going to two.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Other hits:
- Water Enchantress 2 => 1
Following the OCG, makes sense because Adventurer is everywhere
- Rivalry of Warlords, Gozen Match 3 => 2
Less floodgates is good but these are kindof random hits. Pretty sure the trap decks can still play as many floodgates as they want and can just rotate to other options.

Out of the unhits the most interesting are probably Harp Horror, Quick Fix and ABC to 2. The Spyral is actually kindof scary because that deck does produce a mostly unbeatable endboard.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Other hits:
- Water Enchantress 2 => 1

Halqadon Adventure duelists in shambles. What a beautiful thing to wake up to.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

girl dick energy posted:

Bring back Traditional Format (so everyone remembers why they killed Traditional Format).

Finally i can play pot of greed
A card that will allow me to draw two cards

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im glad they killed halq, gently caress that card

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Halqadon Adventure duelists in shambles. What a beautiful thing to wake up to.

I've been maining Halq turbo the past few months and even I agree the card needs to get killed

Auroradon's not dead yet though and there's the Galaxy Tomahawk turbo version of the combo that might still be playable :v:

Also as a sidenote Verte was actually banned one list earlier than Halq in the OCG

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Take halq out of my eldlich deck and keep auroradon in my speedroids

I'm sick of seeing adventure DPE in everything and even though they've not even out long they're just everywhere and I want them gone

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Man, it IS gonna be a good day:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Synchro/XYZ event pretty much killed all non-extra staple decks out there. Unless it's new or they missed it. Floo also got hit hard.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I understand conceding to ash, but i just had someone concede to maxx c altho my hand was just a bunch of bricks and all you have to do is pass the turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Sure, but then they probably don't have much they could respond to your hypothetical board with. They don't know you've got a hand of bricks and if they don't wanna sit through your turn, I can see why they'd just scoop.