Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if Wave are going to do the dark blue NUNS color scheme 1/72 VF-171?

The Alto one just dropped for preorder and I am not sure if I should just buy this one and feel blessed to have a 171, or if the best color scheme is gonna drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I am Asian and live in Asia so I have that one particular advantage of living closer to Japan and getting shipments from it quicker :v:

ah that trademark western centric worldview strikes again, sorry about that. kit looks great! can't wait to get my hands on it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

JoeGlassJAw posted:

ah that trademark western centric worldview strikes again, sorry about that. kit looks great! can't wait to get my hands on it.

No worries, it's a pretty drat cool kit. Hope you enjoy it once your copy gets into your hands.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JoeGlassJAw posted:

where'd you get this from? i pre-ordered from hlj but it went straight to backordered rather than my warehouse and i can't find it anywhere else

Should've preordered sooner, because mine went through fine :smuggo:

...It's also now in my backlog as I've gotta finish my Power Loader first. I'm really looking forward to that build though, because damned if it doesn't look sick as hell.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

boz posted:

You could post them here or in SA-Mart. You may have some stuff someone here is interested in.

Whoops! Got extremely sidetracked and forgot about this. Posted in SA Mart.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4011775#post526090029

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

85% of this thing is done. Here's the leg, only thing to really add is watersides to this part. The head, leg leds are done, just gotta jury rig my own version of the led kit that Bandai made for the chest. Except, you know, this won't cost me 40 bucks for two leds and a battery pack.

MoukoKHZ
Sep 23, 2010

Monaghan posted:

85% of this thing is done. Here's the leg, only thing to really add is watersides to this part. The head, leg leds are done, just gotta jury rig my own version of the led kit that Bandai made for the chest. Except, you know, this won't cost me 40 bucks for two leds and a battery pack.

I didn't know gunpla were prone to spontaneous combustion.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Gunnzo has the RG God Gundam in stock (just grabbed one for mysefl):

https://gunnzo.com/collections/gundam-rg/products/new-pre-order-rg-037-god-gundam-1-144

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, even though at the top it mentions taking 3-5 business days to ship mine have normally shipped in less than 3. They also include a pin version of some Gundam boxart instead of a sticker. (I've gotten Moon and Penelope so far)

boz fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 9, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/CybrE6t/status/1568072030465175552?s=20&t=8X45ay7y3PAXLXHbsje60Q

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Good job on the pose, but lacking in the Spider Woman cosplay category.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I used to work on golf courses to survive undergrad and seeing that pose is making me have convulsions

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Looking at that pose, I just think "That should be a curling stone in front of him, a broom instead of a club in his hand, and he needs to be yelling 'HAAAARD!'"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't know poo poo about curling. I just remember having to wait for players at the lovely municipal courses I worked at that thought they were in the PGA crouched down low trying to assess how level the green was for their putt. Then they'd argue with the other players in their group if they got it in six or seven shots on a par 4. Fuckin ridiculous.

Anyway gundam models are neat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/09/p-bandai-hguc-1144-gm-spartan-release.html

Fuuuuck I need to get my Master Chief Spartan GM.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

I'm buying the max p-bandai will allow when this comes out. Seems like a really good match for my.. floatilla of D-50 Lotos.

Has anyone here ever been surprised when ordering kits, to have them show up and NOT be Bandai? This is the second time I've ordered from USAGS and ended up with... suprises. The first time I knew it was an aftermarket set, but.. it was trash. (flight pack for the RG astray red frame) This time I bought both HWS for Nu, and Hi-Nu, and they're both chinese. So.. they have questionable plastic and surface finishes. And decidedly don't have the color fidelity. They're not "expensive" but they're also not early HGUC cheap.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Go to the p-Bandai section on their site for the legit stuff. If it's not there and you know it was a p-Bandai release then it's a bootleg.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

At first I thought it was something done for Thunderbolt given that the Pegasus-class they get is the Spartan, but nope this is just the GM Spartan.

I can't get enough of that dumb-yet-cool e-cap reloading system.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Does anyone know if anyone besides Godhand makes 'left handed"/reverse-bladed single blade nippers? As silly as it sounds, I constantly wish I had a pair for when cutting in hard access spots (for nippers with normal blade orientations). It would especially useful while cutting the "better" polystyrene runners (the ones with the exact perfect hardness that you can get almost perfect nub removal from just nippers w/o any cleanup), since with those i make more mistakes when trimming with a knife.

https://shop.godhandtool.com/shopdetail/000000001030/

Godhand's version is out of stock (and probably completely unable to be shipped to the USA).

Has anyone seen another company selling single bladed nippers like this (with the cutting blade on the right side)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sorry for the delay. My disaster is still ongoing and I was just asked to visit a field site so I'll be off the internet for much of this week but I can at least tell you what the Backlogust prize pool is:

HG R-Jarja
HG Reversible Gundam
HG GBN-Guard Frame
SD Kurenai Musha Red Warrior Amazing
Koto Frame Arms Girl Materia Normal Ver
Koto Frame Arms Girl Materia White Ver
Bandai 1/100 Eva Mark.06 (number 06 in this line)
Bandai 1/100 Eva Unit 01 (number 04 in this line)
Bandai Omegamon
Koto 1/60 Arbalest
Koto 1/144 Muv-Luv Total Eclipse F-15E Strike Eagle
Koto non scale Muv-Luv Alternative Shiranui Storm Vanguard/Strike Vanguard Specification
Koto non scale Muv-Luv Total Eclipse Takemikaduchi Type 00F Takamura Yuki Deluxe
HG Hambrabi
HG Nu-Zeon Gundam (from ReRise)
Wave 1/24 Tachikoma 2045 Ver (Ghost in the Shell)
HG Super Fumina Titans Maid
Bandai 1/100 VF-25 Ranka marking
Bandai 1/100 VF-25 Sheryl marking

Everything was purchased from reputable sources so no bootlegs here.

The first three places I've already talked to and will be getting their prizes out separately from this. If you're outside the US I may have to send you an Amazon gift code or something or go halves on shipping, US based participants I'll cover shipping.

Just Dan Again, what's your choice? PM or post here, whichever you prefer.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Someone asked for Kotobukiya's Metal Gear Ray in this thread a while back, I believe?
I just saw preorders open for it on HLJ and Amiami, scheduled for April 2023.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

maninthesuit posted:

Someone asked for Kotobukiya's Metal Gear Ray in this thread a while back, I believe?
I just saw preorders open for it on HLJ and Amiami, scheduled for April 2023.

...and ordered, thank you.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does the Ray come with a scale Raiden figure?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Does the Ray come with a scale Raiden figure?

It does come with figures, but no Raiden

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Brrrotherrrrrrrrr

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Napoleon Nelson posted:

...and ordered, thank you.

I also asked about in the thread so and have just ordered it so thank you!

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Real life got in the way for the last days of August and I never had time to start on the GP02.

Instead, I offer a thread Gundam for the Gundam thread.

A fun little kit, very different from other gunpla! I also thought the stickers turned out way more seamless than they usually do, it almost seems like they were using a lot thinner plastic?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The origin kits have some pretty fiddly stickers because they're mainly used for highlights or rims rather than colour correction stickers. I remember having a hard time putting them on my Gouf Prototype and Char Zaku 2. Once they're on and you topcoat the kit they look nice.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I also got some more time and went back to my 'Nanaimo' Grandpa Gundam. Added in some more details as well as weathering. Went with a sort of boreal forest in winter vibe. Might do some proper glamor shots after a bit more fiddling.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just went up on the US P Bandai site. Might be gone by now but I got mine.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
It was gone within a couple of minutes

boz
Oct 16, 2005
drat if they still had it when I got paid Friday I was gonna grab it

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Rabbi Tupac posted:

I also got some more time and went back to my 'Nanaimo' Grandpa Gundam. Added in some more details as well as weathering. Went with a sort of boreal forest in winter vibe. Might do some proper glamor shots after a bit more fiddling.

I love it, especially the rusty looking brown in the shield. How did you weather it?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MechaX posted:

It was gone within a couple of minutes

Yeah. Longer than the couple of seconds I expected, but if you weren't waiting by the button, you were out of luck for the GMs.

Basically, if you know a P-Bandai kit you want is coming soon, it helps to have the page ready and loaded on your cell.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Snowy posted:

I love it, especially the rusty looking brown in the shield. How did you weather it?

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it, I've slowly been building up my skills. You can actually spot the Tamiya weather kit behind it. I used the one that comes with 'snow' and 'soot'. Also used a pencil on various edges to give a paint stripped, scratched look.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

crap I missed the P-bandai pre-order for Sleggars GM, I need to track that better if they ever reprint it

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Chromatics posted:

crap I missed the P-bandai pre-order for Sleggars GM, I need to track that better if they ever reprint it

They probably will. They did a reprint for the Zaku and Gundam already, and with the instant sell-out they know there's demand for the Sleggar GM. Might be a little bit, but it's on the schedule.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Yeah the Sleggar GM actually sold out before the Spartan. That might be because they under-estimated demand though.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Nin-nin-game cancelled my order of the Fixed Figuration Metal Composite Psycho Gundam (the devil's machine) due to a stock error. I hit up Ebay and curiously found a used one for a reasonable price here in Europe. The box was real grimy but the figure outself looked great in the photos! However it was being sold by... a hospice in the UK?

All proceeds would go to funding the hospice so I thought I might as well go for it and last Thursday, of all days, the robot left the shores of Britain and arrived here in the beginning of the week.

Trying to put aside any thoughts regarding the fate of the original owner, I was happy to see it was in pristine condition and was just as imposing as I had thought.

Content, I went to sleep with the Psycho Gundam watching over me from the other side of the room from within its display case.

Did it move during the night? Did I find tiny hand marks around my neck in the morning? No, but I awoke to a huge loving crash in the depth of the night, my heart in my mouth. The Lego Saturn V I keep on a shelf near the ceiling and right over the Gundam had crashed to the floor, just narrowly missing it.

I haven't touched that shelf in weeks.

What is this Stephen King bullshit.

(in all honesty I wish all the best for the fine people at Myton Hospices)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Electrophotonic posted:

Trying to put aside any thoughts regarding the fate of the original owner,

it really was tragic what happened with Four Murasame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Electrophotonic posted:

However it was being sold by... a hospice in the UK?

Oh don't worry, it doesn't mean the owner died. Many hospices in the UK operate charity shops where the items are donated by the public with profits going directly to the operation of the hospice attached.