Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
We're only one week out!!!

Also holy poo poo these are cool:

The unicorn is the final reward of the first battle pass, and the rest seem to be store bundles of 4. I think. Maybe. I'm not sure. I think that's what the website says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do you have to buy the battle pass? I can't tell. I want Unicorn but I'm not spending a cent lol

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Free to play game so I think it's safe to assume you will need to drop money for the battle pass

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's a free pass, and two upper levels, Premium and Premium+

Premium:
Unlock Premium Pass rewards.

You will receive all of the Premium Pass rewards corresponding to the Season Pass Level you've reached at the time of your upgrade. (For example, if you're at Season Pass Level 10 at the time of purchase, you'll receive all Premium Pass rewards up to Level 10.)

If you're below Player Level 20, Ranked Match will be unlocked only during your Premium Pass period.

Premium+:
Unlock Premium Pass rewards.

Adds 20 levels to your Season Pass Level, and receive all of the Premium Pass rewards corresponding to that Season Pass Level. You will also receive any Standard Pass rewards you've yet to obtain. Season Pass EXP starts at 0. (For example, if you're at Season Pass Level 10 at the time of purchase, you will jump to Season Pass Level 30 at 0 EXP and receive all Premium Pass rewards up to Level 30, as well as all unobtained Standard Pass rewards.)

If you're below Player Level 20, Ranked Match will be unlocked only during your Premium Pass period.

Looks like Premium+ is just an additional 20 level boost

The pass upgrades are bought with EVO coins, so depending on how much they pay out, you could potentially get a premium for free.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Well drat if you can unlock stuff by playing a reasonable amount that's great

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, how I feel about the monetization systems really depends on how many EVO coins you can get playing free.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It says somewhere that a BP pays out a total of 990 EVO coins at completion.

That sounds like (based on no evidence) around $10 buckos, which sounds like what a typical BP goes for.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sounds similar to how Apex does it, which is decent.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Put him in season 2

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Game is semi out as of this posting. Can be downloaded and the play button can be pressed, but maintenance is going on.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah its at the pre-load phase. two more days

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KedAHhvDZP0

this new trailer got me hype baby

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hell yes. There is nothing in this world cooler than mecha launch sequences. The GM Sniper part is the best one.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Sep 20, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
lol at not having anything to cut to for Dozle's Zaku since it has never appeared in animation

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gripweed posted:

lol at not having anything to cut to for Dozle's Zaku since it has never appeared in animation

Pale Rider too lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

RBA Starblade posted:

Pale Rider too lol

They perfectly recreated that video game cutscene as a video game cutscene

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

chumbler posted:

Hell yes. There is nothing in this world cooler than mecha launch sequences. The GM Sniper part is the best one.

Mecha combination sequences

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i am so hype to nolife this game until it inevitably dies/the meta becomes insufferable in 2-3 months

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ninjewtsu posted:

i am so hype to nolife this game until it inevitably dies/the meta becomes insufferable in 2-3 months

Consoles will come in after those first 2-3 months, giving you up to 6 months to no life the game!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Kibner posted:

Consoles will come in after those first 2-3 months, giving you up to 6 months to no life the game!

oh god is it gonna be cross platform?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Diephoon posted:

oh god is it gonna be cross platform?

No idea, but I'm sure both platforms will have distinct metas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not going to be cross platform.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ok, pretty slick recreating the anime scenes using in-engine footage.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That trailer hurt my eyes to watch but it was hype as hell

The sazabi launch sequence got me wondering if they're gonna do any space maps/game modes

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Idk if their engine could handle even pretend zero-G but I know I definitely wrote "put a mobile suit that can dash in the air in the game" on my survey

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The moon's in space what more do you want. :colbert:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

steam store page is down this is the gayest thing that has ever happened

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Worth noting is that microtransactions are unavailable for the first two days. This is slightly relevant because I think Unicorn is part of "Season 1" so the first two days we probably won't see Unicorn.

We'd be in Season 0.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also apparently the game's not unlocking until 7PM PT/10PM ET

Then this is barely the launch date, huh?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kibner posted:

I just want an Acguy, Hy-gogg, Z'Gok, Zogok, Gogg, Agg, Agguy, or Juaggu.

Me too

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Waffleman_ posted:

Also apparently the game's not unlocking until 7PM PT/10PM ET

Then this is barely the launch date, huh?

That's about noon in Japan, where the devs and target audience are, so makes sense to me.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

They should put in the best aquatic unit, Ball Marine Type

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's not like the servers are going to work the first few days anyway. They never do

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The network test was extremely popular and worked pretty much flawlessly, at least.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

When are we getting wing representation

I wanna play as tallgeese

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Put in a leo and the gimmick is that it respawns twice as fast and doesn't give super meter when killed

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wow this is coming out and my boy with the normal American name of Chibodee is no where to be seen. Pretty hosed up.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I can't wait to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I am ready for launch.

Also should probably update the thread title since we're gaming soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/brOrayn/status/1572733726915792900?t=G-2stUaH7B-lNN2AtYmZfw&s=19

Also yeah, I'll get a PM in to Veeg.