Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
King poo poo, thanks. I'm gonna try it to get under all the fat decks going around.

AnacondaHL posted:

:ssh: (this is probably the list that will be published tomorrow) :ssh:

### Aggro Nathria
# Class: Demonhunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Metamorfin
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
# 2x (2) Bibliomite
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Fossil Fanatic
# 2x (2) Multi-Strike
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Magnifying Glaive
# 2x (3) Predation
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
#
AAECAea5AwKHiwT7vwQOwvED9PYDifcD9fgDtp8EyZ8E4aQEjrAEiLIEmLoEwMoEpeIEq+IExuIEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I stole a naga priest list off of d0nky.top, I don’t need to see the vs list a day early, but I'll be curious how close it compares.

### naga/wig
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Priestess Valishj
# 2x (1) Serpent Wig
# 2x (1) Shadow Word: Devour
# 1x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 1x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Murkwater Scribe
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Handmaiden
# 1x (3) Pelagos
# 2x (3) Treasure Guard
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Boon of the Ascended
# 1x (4) School Teacher
#
AAECAafDAwb76AOH9wOJsgSWtwT52wT62wQMrYoEhKMEiaME7bEEiLIEpLYEp7YEh7cEssEE9dME9NsEhoMFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pardot posted:

I stole a naga priest list off of d0nky.top, I don’t need to see the vs list a day early, but I'll be curious how close it compares.

### naga/wig
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Priestess Valishj
# 2x (1) Serpent Wig
# 2x (1) Shadow Word: Devour
# 1x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 1x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Murkwater Scribe
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Handmaiden
# 1x (3) Pelagos
# 2x (3) Treasure Guard
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Boon of the Ascended
# 1x (4) School Teacher
#
AAECAafDAwb76AOH9wOJsgSWtwT52wT62wQMrYoEhKMEiaME7bEEiLIEpLYEp7YEh7cEssEE9dME9NsEhoMFAA==
#

is it the list nohandsgamer used to reach rank 1 NA?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Excelzior posted:

is it the list nohandsgamer used to reach rank 1 NA?

I don’t know, the part of the site I got it from didn't have attribution

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Thief Priest is really fun when I have it going but I'm just as liable to gently caress it up and concede quickly.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Feugen and Stalagg lol. Thaddius wins games. The Curator is amazing I dunno why it doesn't see more play. Brann into Zai can be devastating. Big Priest and Quest Mage suck but sometimes you can pull off a win:

### DH Reno
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Consume Magic
# 1x (1) Double Jump
# 1x (1) Illidari Studies
# 1x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Immolation Aura
# 1x (2) Sigil of Flame
# 1x (2) Spectral Sight
# 1x (2) Wayward Sage
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Felrattler
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 1x (4) Glaiveshark
# 1x (4) Star Student Stelina
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (5) Chaos Nova
# 1x (5) Feugen
# 1x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 1x (5) Stalagg
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (5) Zai, the Incredible
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 1x (7) Death Speaker Blackthorn
# 1x (7) Expendable Performers
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAdO+BSiEDoUO4KwCubIC38QCxfMC/KMDkbED2cYD1MgDj84Dg9AD1tED3dMDyt0D0d0D8+MD/eoDv+0Dpu8Dr+8DifcDivcDqIoEh4sE+JQEgZ8EtKAE5bAE77EE8rEE+b8E/r8EvsoE6dAEltQEmNQEmtQEuNkEl+8EAAA=
#

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
What a lovely week to have the 'Play two Brawls' quest.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

As I was saying about Ramp Druid. I don't know what they were doing but nerfing ramp Druid is not what they accomplished. Pic is from today's Viscious Syndicate.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

the exact same article posted:

Ramp Druid appears to have been weakened by the balance changes, but we wouldn’t write it off. There are definitely a few things it can do to adjust to the new format and recover. The important thing is that it can’t get away with taking over the format at huge play rates. It has become more situational. The nerf to Guff succeeded at reducing its late game dominance while maintaining its competitive viability.

I daresay this is more or less what they intended. It clearly wasn’t a nuke-from-orbit change, nor should it have been.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

bravesword posted:

I daresay this is more or less what they intended. It clearly wasn’t a nuke-from-orbit change, nor should it have been.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. Kibler had a video on his thoughts about it and the other power decks and he said the problem with the deck is that it either wipes out the opponent with impossible to counter play or it dies on the vine. That is not fun game play. A deck should not be black or white. Imp/Curse lock is a great deck because the opponent can respond. It still has a fairly decent win rate but there's interaction on the board and it's not an aggro deck. Not so with ramp Druid. So honestly I don't see why they changed Gruff at all, it hasn't had any meangingful impact on playing against it.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

bravesword posted:

Nah they could have nuked Druid, I’d be ok with it. They’ve done it to better classes and decks with less justification.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I only just realised the stupid loving Rush whelps from the Druid Legendary are Whelps for Onyxia, and now I hate Druid all over again. A class whose identity is ‘being good at the strong things in card games’ is not an identity you dicks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Jesus, got the 'Every turn spin the wheel of Yogg Saron' quest reward, coasted to 1st easy. 5 of remaining 10 turns landed on get 2 dark moon prizes.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Druid is overplayed compared to its actual strength right now. Wait until next week and you will see a different story

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Man, I can't even. This was a game where I had the first Nomi on turn 7 and tripled it on turn 12.

His board was Leeroy/Leeroy/three poisoned murlocs, one of which was a Felfin Navigator/two Mantid Queens. The left Queen rolled DS. Cyclone goes right into one of the Leeroys, thud. Second Leeroy kills the Molten Rock. Gold Wildfire goes RIGHT into the shielded Mantid Queen and falls over with a fart. One of the Navigators goes into Nomi and doesn't get hit again. Second Wildfire gets splatted before it can attack. End result: 5 + 3 + 6, which is enough to exact lethal me.

That doesn't happen, I likely win the lobby (I knew what everyone else had) or get 2nd at worst. Going out 5th just sucks even more now with getting 0 XP out of it.

He was the only player with Murlocs too.

edit: I was also getting 2 elementals/turn from the quest too. also I should point out that I had not played this AFKay all game and only saw "Murlocs 3", and they had lost the last 2 rounds in a row, so I had no idea what was coming.

Navaash fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 17, 2022

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yeah, that's the point where you are selling Nomi to hard roll Tunnel Blaster and golden Selfless. Live and learn.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Yeah, that's the point where you are selling Nomi to hard roll Tunnel Blaster and golden Selfless. Live and learn.

Not really unless he’s actually miles ahead of everyone else, there’s still 5 players left. He lost a 1-in-10

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Not really unless he’s actually miles ahead of everyone else, there’s still 5 players left. He lost a 1-in-10

Yes really. He's big enough and it's time to turn that corner.

Btw, HSreplay odds have been incorrect all patch. They are still working on it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

HSReplay also hasn't updated their decks in ages it seems. They still don't have the full spectrum of Mage decks being played for example and I think I'm going to end my sub because of this.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Getting real loving sick of dying to denathrius every drat game. Neutral endgames are nice and all, but Blizzard needs to have more than one viable one at a time.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Just play around Sire by hail marying a Theodar or not killing your opponents board and dying anyway!

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

PneumonicBook posted:

Just play around Sire by hail marying a Theodar or not killing your opponents board and dying anyway!

I theotar'd on turn 3 into a second theotar on turn 4 and still missed my opponent's Guff both times. It took me about 12 more turns to die to the brann/sire drop. loving Druid.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
just...concede...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Firebert posted:

just...concede...

New thread title

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/IksarHS/status/1570821289388175363?s=20&t=UVdeaKpamqCHll0ACec_EQ

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

thats..sudden

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
was he the guy that created runestones?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I was also getting 2 elementals/turn from the quest too. Also I should point out that I had not played this AFKay all game and only saw "Murlocs 3", and they had lost the last 2 rounds in a row, so I had no idea what was coming. (edited into the initial post)

1-in-10, more like 1-in-66 to die. Just bad beats all around.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It finally happened, and I made Legend for the first time (3800) using Relics DH - All three games in Diamond 1 were Quest fuckin’ Priests, and all three got very upset at Theotar swaps loving up their numbers.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Shockeh posted:

It finally happened, and I made Legend for the first time (3800) using Relics DH - All three games in Diamond 1 were Quest fuckin’ Priests, and all three got very upset at Theotar swaps loving up their numbers.

congrats! i remember the first time, and it was really great.

hopefully we'll get the mini-set soon because trying to play right now feels like playing with nerf guns.... i actually started playing bgs :smith:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Last King posted:

congrats! i remember the first time, and it was really great.

hopefully we'll get the mini-set soon because trying to play right now feels like playing with nerf guns.... i actually started playing bgs :smith:

My playing generally hits the same trajectory. After a month or so of a new expac mostly playing standard but then swap to bgs because the meta gets stale for whatever reason.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

PneumonicBook posted:

My playing generally hits the same trajectory. After a month or so of a new expac mostly playing standard but then swap to bgs because the meta gets stale for whatever reason.

Wasn't the biggest fan before (BGs doesn't explain itself very well), but I've still been having a decent time this patch.

I'm liking the new quests in BGs. Maybe its crimped from Storybook Brawl, but it's fun messing around and trying to get different things to synergize.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Im liking Quests at the moment but I'm pretty sure they'll wear their welcome out like Buddies did after the meta stabilizes

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Quests are just another RNG lever, and one without a catch-up mechanism. They are like Darkmoon Prizes (also bad), but are 1-and-done and if you get bad ones, welp, enjoy playing for 4th.

I don't think quests can be balanced, but even if they were closer, one of the core problems is that the HSBG dev/test team obviously is so far removed skill-wise from the level they need to be tested at, they made it possible to get quests that are like "Spend 90 gold" or "Lose 5 rounds" and put them in against stuff that's like "Play 4 {type} minions". And nobody's ever going to take the quests that take 5-6 turns minimum to complete, because the very existence of quests jumps the power level up such that you'll be dead by turn 10, much less when you could start generating value off of those. Having a fundamental disconnect that people were going to rush completion on turns 5-7 (hell, at high level, often holding extra minions in hand on T3 to complete faster) and not be puttering around trying to finish on turn 10 or 12 is so removed from reality that there's just no way that they can be capable of pushing out updates that accurately keep up with the meta, which is what the move to paid season pass promised.

That's not even getting into stuff like how there should never exist in live games a 9-10 armor hero. And there's 16 of them (I think, I dunno. Nobody seems to be publishing a current list. Which is also insane.). There's no way that there should be such a massive disparity in power that you could be spotting a hero 10 armor. Every one of those should be pulled and reworked. Like, Millificent has been garbagetown since forever, why not just push the button and changer her from "mechs in tavern" to "mechs summoned". I don't think she'd be burning up lobbies, but at least you'd be able to narrow the armor bands a bit and, by extension, make quests not have laughable bounds.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Quests also make fighting KtZ much more swingy. Some of them are effectively voided by the player being dead (Helpful Refreshes and the like) whilst some may have pushed the stats of Minions to truly silly numbers.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The ! that’s been hanging out over my journal icon since the expansion began is bugging the poo poo out of me. I’ve claimed all the reward track things and achievements from what I can see. So is there something new that I’m missing, or is it a mistake?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Dr Christmas posted:

The ! that’s been hanging out over my journal icon since the expansion began is bugging the poo poo out of me. I’ve claimed all the reward track things and achievements from what I can see. So is there something new that I’m missing, or is it a mistake?

It's a recurring bug that they apparently can't fix this time.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Dr Christmas posted:

It's a bug.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Small indy company you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Speaking of, the achievement points are so useless. There's not a single incentive to collect them.