Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Inbox
New: Message from Principle Johnson - Gaping Holes in Curriculum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

HiroProtagonist posted:

whats his username

radium.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Do the surveillance pills utilize Torment Nexus technology?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
blasting goatse to a school network is some 2001 throw back stuff, classic

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this seems super dumb when theres already crazy pill injections that work for several months per dose

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

blatman posted:

this seems super dumb when theres already crazy pill injections that work for several months per dose

it's just a grift lol

abilify cost something in the neighborhood of $900/mo last i saw but those patents expire and when generics start coming out the pharma compianies need gimmicks to jack up the price and re-sell the same old pills at even higher prices

like extended release bullshit that only barely technically works as-designed under controlled conditions in a lab. pointless IoT boondoggles let them do the same thing but without even bothering to gently caress around with the chemistry.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

silentsnack posted:

it's just a grift lol

like extended release bullshit that only barely technically works as-designed under controlled conditions in a lab.

can you post some more about this? it sounds interesting. are they underwhelming? too similar?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

mawarannahr posted:

can you post some more about this? it sounds interesting. are they underwhelming? too similar?
There's a funky bit in patent law where a company can re-patent a drug and get another exclusivity-lockout just by tweaking some variables, but in general there are a number of problems with trying to compare two things that behave in physically distinct ways and determine whether they have the same effect.

In this case we're considering two pills where one disintegrates and gets absorbed immediately, and the other breaks down slowly and gets absorbed over a longer period of time. Medicine already requires a lot of guesswork taking shitloads of qualitative anecdotes and trying to convert that into quantitative data, with assumptions and hand-waving statistical models, but most of those issues are supposed to be sorted out during repeated clinical trials (which cost a lot of money+time)

There was that whole "opioid epidemic" caused in large part by something along the lines of [purdue aggressively advertising their new 12h oxycodone and insisting doctors had to consider it perfectly interchangeable with two doses of the old 6h version, when it really wasn't.]

Not all patent extenders are automatically inherently evil, but when the drug company takes shortcuts it sometimes leads to incidents like the bupropion300XL snafu where the FDA rubberstamped an application based on poorly-extrapolated statistics. And a lot of people paid extra for pills that were significantly less effective than they were supposed to be.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Carthag Tuek posted:

vc guy listening to a paranoid schizophrenic: "i should make and sell this"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

this was never on my dystopia radar, but it seems obvious in retrospect

bravo capitalism

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
just secured $4.6T for my surveillance pill data blockchain startup

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Can’t wait until fast foot chains get a Bluetooth hotspot that makes my Google Tummy dump starvation hormones into my bloodstream whenever I drive by.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
the dystopia is coming from inside the thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

hobbesmaster posted:

https://twitter.com/tonyajoriley/status/1570108498771431425?s=46&t=_dAuXigl-EYwiXKeYU789w

it seems wild to me that you can browse the internet these days without ever running across shock images. why, back in my day…

We’re losing our heritage

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

red19fire posted:

Can’t wait until fast foot chains get a Bluetooth hotspot that makes my Google Tummy dump starvation hormones into my bloodstream whenever I drive by.

by eating this bigmac you consent to the Corporation's right to add ingestible tracking devices to its food products for the purpose of data collection for, but not limited to: marketing, product improvements, and ad customization purposes. this data may be shared or sold to third parties without restriction. the ingestible tracking devices remain the property of the Corporation, and deliberate destruction before the expiration of their expected lifetime as defined by the Corporation may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Finally arbys can track their meats for recycle mapping purposes

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

This is already the model for CPAP machines. don't be surprised if it shows up everywhere

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it was approved in 2017 this poo poo is ancient

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamXUni/status/1565336658949443589

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/chrisgayomali/status/1570384974955560960

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

My legs are ok.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

This is already the model for CPAP machines. don't be surprised if it shows up everywhere

there’s actually reasons that’s useful in a CPAP machine though

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

how many of these dollars were paid from Patreon income?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
bones are old fashioned I'm getting an exoskeleton

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Does the NBA have a rule against height-enhancing surgery?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Chamale posted:

Not for dogs at least

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Chamale posted:

if step one in your plan to become a world class athlete is have both of your legs broken it has problems

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CoolCab posted:

if step one in your plan to become a world class athlete is have both of your legs broken it has problems

Over coming extreme adversity is how you win! Literally nothing else matters but that!!!

(Pretty much everything I know about sports is from 80's kids sports movies)

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Whatever happened to that legless olympic sprinter who shot his gf while she was taking a poo poo.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Femur posted:

Whatever happened to that legless olympic sprinter who shot his gf while she was taking a poo poo.

Oscar Pistorius?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Femur posted:

i just looked it up and he's still in prison

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

My legs are ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
would be nice if i could get height reduction surgery, my tits are in most women's eyeline and i'd like to make them work a little harder for 'em.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wear a codpiece and no one will look anywhere else

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CoolCab posted:

Step 1: owe the mafia money

Step 2: profit

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

was expecting E.Y.E memes.. im still not sure this isn't one

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Someone left me a voice mail with my actual name and my uncle's telling me to urgent call a dispatch center, dispatching what was never said. It's almost certainly a scam, I don't associate with my uncle financially and it's probably a debt collector if not scammer.

Pretty sure they just bought my info from a database and are doing spearphishing. Lol how our lives are about fending off more and more sophisticated scamming until they manage to get you or you miss something important because you're used to a phone just being a conduit for criminals to harrass you.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

skooma512 posted:

Someone left me a voice mail with my actual name and my uncle's telling me to urgent call a dispatch center, dispatching what was never said. It's almost certainly a scam, I don't associate with my uncle financially and it's probably a debt collector if not scammer.

Pretty sure they just bought my info from a database and are doing spearphishing. Lol how our lives are about fending off more and more sophisticated scamming until they manage to get you or you miss something important because you're used to a phone just being a conduit for criminals to harrass you.

those are a regular thing here in mexico. sometimes theres even an audio clip (usually mostly incomprensible). nice to see them going international

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i hope dispatch frees your uncle and their social security number is no longer illegal, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

skooma512 posted:

T-1000 invented not by the military/skynet, but by very tech savvy scamming group .