Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

fridge corn posted:

It looks so good, this is so much better than I was ever hoping for

Honestly surprised at how Konami is showing up Square on remasters of their older titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I really really wanted to like it. in fact I have restarted it twice and put a decent amount of time into it, but there is just nothing I like about it. I'm tempted to give the PS5 version another go but I feel like it's futile at this point.

It might just not be a you game.
This is one of the only bad things about gaming; when there is something that does not match you like it does everyone else.

This was my original thoughts about FromSoft. I wanted so badly to get it and be there with all you because you all love them so much.

Maybe this next try will work, maybe it will not, but definitely do not push yourself through it. It is a definite game that benefits tremendously from just being in the flow of it.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

BisterdDave posted:

Honestly surprised at how Konami is showing up Square on remasters of their older titles.

Hell square won't even put the 8/16 bit FF games on consoles!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I never uninstalled it, friend. And I literally played it last night.

:hfive:

I never uninstall any Soulsborne either

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Nail Rat posted:

I have a feeling they'll come eventually, Square just milking sales as much as they can for now.

Also, your av is very appropriate for your post.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

veni veni veni posted:

I really really wanted to like it. in fact I have restarted it twice and put a decent amount of time into it, but there is just nothing I like about it. I'm tempted to give the PS5 version another go but I feel like it's futile at this point.

What in particular do you not like about it? I know you said you didn’t like anything about it, but Im just curious. As soon as I got into space and started exploring other planets I was hooked basically, I remember specifically going to the other side of the starting planet, timber hearth on my first loop, and seeing the giant dark bramble seed which prompts you to shoot your scout into it, which is basically a work hole that leads to dark bramble (and then you can find the exact opening from later which is cool) and flies through the planet and lands on the skeleton of an angler fish, then looking into space and seeing that my scout was way over on the other side of the solar system which immediately hooked me and I just wanted to know more, which I think is important, since the story sort of *is* the game. So if you read a bunch of messages using your translator tool, and nothing grabbed you, I can understand everything else about the game feeling boring.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 16, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

RareAcumen posted:

When's Valve gonna rerelease Portal 1 & 2 on PS5

never

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BisterdDave posted:

Mismatched HD backgrounds with SD sprites, awful mobile text boxes, looks about the same to me :v:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Nail Rat posted:

Still shocked this hasnt happend. When is squares tgs panel?? Cos if they aint doing it in the 35th ff year then lol. Lmao. :negative:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

This reminds me of one of the more amusing boxsets Squaresoft put out, for FF's 25th anniversary they put out a boxset in Japan including physical copies with custom disc art of every mainline "numbered" FF that was available at the time, 1 through to 13 (not including X-2).

Note the odd one out, FF3, which only had a PSP version at the time, so couldn't be made on a normal disc. You could play every other game on a backwards compatible PS3 (or 1-12 on a PS2 with a hard drive unless you skipped 11), but not that one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

univbee posted:

This reminds me of one of the more amusing boxsets Squaresoft put out, for FF's 25th anniversary they put out a boxset in Japan including physical copies with custom disc art of every mainline "numbered" FF that was available at the time, 1 through to 13 (not including X-2).

Note the odd one out, FF3, which only had a PSP version at the time, so couldn't be made on a normal disc. You could play every other game on a backwards compatible PS3 (or 1-12 on a PS2 with a hard drive unless you skipped 11), but not that one.

That is gorgeous though!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

VideoGames posted:

That is gorgeous though!

No doubt about it, their custom disc art era made for some pretty nice-looking collections.

Living in Japan when it released, I happened to secure a very rare limited edition of Advent Children, which included custom PS1 FF7 discs. These are fully playable with custom art, but they actually specifically also include a sort of wall-mounting thing because you're not REALLY meant to play these, you're meant to mount them on your wall like it's a Platinum album.

It also includes the fourth "bonus" disc of the Japanese FFVII International Edition (which discs 1-3 also are), but separately in a standard jewel case.

I remember thinking this was surreal, including what was once a full-priced game as a borderline throwaway bonus for something that wasn't at its core a video game product (it was a movie). Gave me vibes of that old forums post someone made about the insanity of Fallout weapons, culminating in a gun that was so ridiculous it had a plane on it. The poster clarified this wasn't a plane with a gun on it, this was a gun with a plane on it; the gun was so badass the plane was the accessory.

univbee fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 16, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Been thinkin bout suikoden a lot today dunno why

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

In suikoden adjacent news, sick new trailer just dropped??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW-vRt9iWnA

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
talk about games i care about even a little

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

I have this actually. Scored it pretty cheap years ago. It's kind of a nice collection piece. But yes, it's lol that it has all these discs and then there's one psp umd.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the konami showcase is happening right now and so far they've announced nothing but anime schoolgirl mobile games

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

theyre going over suikoden hd now

edit: i was wrong, they are just going over the tgs show booth.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

yes yes, konami play the suikoden hd collection remaster again, yes please. lol, i wonder if you have any other big IP's you could announce a remaster of or new entries into you've lease to other studios lol. please. lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

they are playing the intro gameplay to suikoden now, god it looks so loving good

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmao they said "6th suikoden" and then changed the subject

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/WoLongOfficial/status/1570729458541113345
Wo Long demo out and available until the end of the 25th.

Direct link to the US store page:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4108-PPSA09294_00-TRIAL00000000000

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

damnit, cant get a dualsense replacement until the 26th lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

konami just announced a ps5 shump called all guns blazing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f4eGQ9MIWM

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm sorry everyone for that konami live stream. At least I got the only thing I actually wanted out of it :hurr:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao they said "6th suikoden" and then changed the subject

Did they really..?? I was watching it on mute without subtitles lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Outer Wilds is scary because the universe is completely indifferent to your presence. You're exploring a vast clockwork mechanism that was not built with you in mind. All around you are gears grinding on a cosmic scale and you cannot affect their course, only stay out of their way because if you get caught in them they will simply grind on without you

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

haveblue posted:

Outer Wilds is scary because the universe is completely indifferent to your presence. You're exploring a vast clockwork mechanism that was not built with you in mind. All around you are gears grinding on a cosmic scale and you cannot affect their course, only stay out of their way because if you get caught in them they will simply grind on without you

is this the real life

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hopefully the remaster is good so that we can all be saying "Sweet Codin'!"

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I do t care about star ocean 6, I want them to bring over the psp port of the second game pls

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Casnorf posted:

talk about games i care about even a little

Casnorf posted:

is this the real life

yeah man we get it, you still exist.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Outer Wilds update for anyone interested: I was thinking I'd have to restart the game, and was alright with that because it meant I would have plenty of opportunity to see how everything looks. Instead it loaded my old save and immediately gave me the Archaeologist achievement, I guess I have to work for all the others if I want to Platinum the game again. I might restart the game anyway, thinking about it. Curious after looking through the patch notes and seeing some vague or indirect references to things that have changed.

I decided to explore Timber Hearth for a bit and then did a quick flythrough of all the major planets to see what was going on. Some stuff definitely looks a lot nicer, in particular Brittle Hollow actually loads detail from afar rather than waiting until you've almost landed on it, and when chunks have come loose you can get really good glimpses of the inside. And it feels like they added a bit of trigger rumble when you launch the ship. Not sure if the haptics will be doing anything, but it does know it's a PS5 game so maybe.

Unfortunately in general it's a bit choppy at times, which I noticed just turning around at the base of the launch tower before I even saw my ship. And I'm not exactly a high-performance gamer, I had no issues at all with the PS4 version, so if I'm noticing something then something is definitely up. Sometimes it can be really smooth, but randomly drops for a moment. It feels really weird because or that, I wonder if they'll patch that at all.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Folks one of my favorite series of all time, Suikoden, is coming back in a big way and I cannot express to you how happy it makes me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wait OW PS5 is a whole new trophy set? I kinda want to replay it now

Except that replaying a game like that will just feel like going through the motions because you can never get back the a-ha moments

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Kirios posted:

Folks one of my favorite series of all time, Suikoden, is coming back in a big way and I cannot express to you how happy it makes me.

express it as best you can. Share the love of suikoden! :love:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
drat I started Sifu on my wife's account by accident and now I gotta start over. I didn't beat the first level but I got through all the intro stuff :(

Also downloading Wo long for sure.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

fridge corn posted:

express it as best you can. Share the love of suikoden! :love:

I couldn't get into them. 3 was the first one I really dove hard into and it just didn't stick even a little. I hear 5 was good, too, but...I dunno. Maybe it was because I was a Fallout nerd back then. Well, that and Front Mission.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1570797280063627264?s=21&t=2gkgtK1YyXe0s3PrSSHbPw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn