Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Every day I wonder how you yanks haven't started a fuckhuge middle management massacre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Lmao, most of that is so outrageously and clearly illegal where I live I wouldn't even need a lawyer.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Cursed Thread: The team was focused and worming.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Most of that poo poo is illegal even in the horrifically hosed up usa.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I've seen some hosed up poo poo done by HR but you'd literally be wasting more time as a manager making these reports than you would save disciplining employees, which isn't usually a recipe for profitability.

e,c:

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 15, 2022

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cursed Thread: Sorry for the incontinence

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Child Trebuchet posted:

You'd think they would just remove that ledge bit after the first death, just like in every other elevator.

And how do you then get rid of all the dumbasses?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Antigravitas posted:

Lmao, most of that is so outrageously and clearly illegal where I live I wouldn't even need a lawyer.

Yeah, I'm not American but even I know that in most States that kind of stuff doesn't fly anymore. It's honestly appalling how underqualified and ignorant managers can get away with being over stuff like this, when it could really land their whole company in hot water.

There's a great Instagram account, @attorneyryan, who makes a lot of informative posts outlining where and how things like this are illegal, definitely a pro follow.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

GABA ghoul posted:

It's called Mett

https://wurstcircle.com/recipes/german-mett/

I would genuinely & unironically not do this inside the US. You could get very sick and possibly even die. You can also get infected with parasites and worms will start crawling under your skin. I'm not joking. But if you are in the EU, go ahead and enjoy.

Do you think we don't have hand grinders in the US? I wouldn't eat it unless I ground it myself or I knew who did. It can't be purchased here anyway so it's irrelevant unless you're at a Wisconsin Christmas party.

Heard it goes good with limburger cheese.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Big imgur dump of this stuff here, it’s hella cursed:

https://imgur.com/gallery/wgxw4Rd

The manager who is paid 300% more than the salaried employ spent three hours spying on an employee instead of doing anything just to spend another thirty minutes writing them up so I fail to see how that was a good use of company time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Even in The Great Satan United States this is extremely illegal in all 50 states.

It's one of the very, very few protected workers rights.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Do you think we don't have hand grinders in the US? I wouldn't eat it unless I ground it myself or I knew who did. It can't be purchased here anyway so it's irrelevant unless you're at a Wisconsin Christmas party.

Heard it goes good with limburger cheese.

I wasn't talking about prepackaged stuff either. Raw meat from US industrial meat production is generally not safe to eat. When you buy the cuts, they could already be contaminated with salmonella, trichinella, etc. You need to heat it to a minimum temperature to make it safe.

This obviously doesn't apply if you get the meat from some trusted clean farm.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Drone_Fragger posted:

The manager who is paid 300% more than the salaried employ spent three hours spying on an employee instead of doing anything just to spend another thirty minutes writing them up so I fail to see how that was a good use of company time.

Sounds like that guy needs a senior manager to keep an eye on him!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Yaldabaoth posted:

This feels like there is a story behind it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Cartoon Man posted:

Big imgur dump of this stuff here, it’s hella cursed:

https://imgur.com/gallery/wgxw4Rd

Ahh THIS is the curse thread

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
As a Drew myself, I am extra-delighted reading this and reminiscing about walking out of similarly demeaning situations

I wish I could work as a professional plant uncovering illegal activities by shitfuck management, though I am sure most awful employers are a tiny bit more subtle than this

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1569718684410679296

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My favorite bit about that write-up, and many I've seen, is complaining about coffee.

The elders made coffee a staple of American work environments because it's a stimulant. You WANT employees drinking coffee so you can exploit them faster.

And then this was all forgotten when micro-management became a thing and companies started wasting billions paying middle managers to time bathroom breaks and do sniff tests on bathrooms.

Your employees are literally more productive and more happy if you let them enjoy their speed and don't have some clowndick with an MBA sniffing their assholes every 5 seconds.

Every study ever published shows micro-management is the worst thing for every company, costs way more than it saves, and pretty much guarantees high turnover and zero loyalty.

But you know, Stanford prison experiment* / petty tyrants with an ounce of power, etc. etc.

[*We know. We all know.]

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

GABA ghoul posted:

I wasn't talking about prepackaged stuff either. Raw meat from US industrial meat production is generally not safe to eat. When you buy the cuts, they could already be contaminated with salmonella, trichinella, etc. You need to heat it to a minimum temperature to make it safe.

Fine I'll continue my practice of only eating live veal calves and freshly harvested rocky mountain oysters if the process of murdering and cleaning them is such a hassle.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1570435130459820032

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

GABA ghoul posted:

raw meat from eu industrial production is also really fundamentally not safe to eat either. meat prices are comparable, they both do cafos and poo poo like that. the germans just endure the heightened parasite rates

salmonella vaccination is a big difference tho, but for chicken

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

looks like an ogre load of cheese

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

https://twitter.com/ItsEllenLang/status/1486151173086199808?s=20&t=LLYFvinGj0ij8sgEa1953w

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

drat Jeff ate the whole thing

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

Go on about these "clean farms"?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They think they're making wet MD GC but they're really making wet MD BM.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

It didn't get a chance for much mileage in the thread about goon fundraisers that just got closed, so crossposting here

Made with a prompt to an AI about an obese cat raging at the computer

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Subway Spiro Eclair

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I’m still waiting for a donut with 2 hamburger patties for buns

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThamKhaiMeng/status/1570492531514933252

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

But I could do with some more Jews.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

There was a donut shop here in Portland that had a fried chicken sandwich where the meat was between 2 donuts.

I was sad when they stopped making them.

Unrelated cursed image:

An anatomical model in Naples, Italy.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Android Apocalypse posted:

There was a donut shop here in Portland that had a fried chicken sandwich where the meat was between 2 donuts.

I was sad when they stopped making them.

Unrelated cursed image:

An anatomical model in Naples, Italy.

Pretty cool lucha libre / zombie superhero crossover concept.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA96fCpHiR8

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

GABA ghoul posted:

This is insane. It doesn't bear the faintest resemblance to reality. Trichinosis, for example, simply does not exist in US industrial meat production. There are maybe a dozen cases a year in the entire United States and they all come from eating game, typically feral pigs or bear, not from industrial pork.