Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Ans he’s a multimillionaire who could have just taken a loving cab or Uber or whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

Ans he’s a multimillionaire who could have just taken a loving cab or Uber or whatever!

paul pelosi doesn't suffer through drunk driving so he can go out and drink, he suffers through drinking so he can go out and drunk drive

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
had a rare necessity to drive during rush hour yesterday, first time in a while after everybody came back from the holidays. a trip that should've taken me no more than 15 minutes stretched into 40. Bumper to bumper, often having to wait at a green light for a cycle or two as there would be literally no space to move forward.

people are doing this every day. i pity their goddamn souls. all of my gripes with poo poo public transport here were wiped away by just doing one car trip. just give me the bombed out husks of our trolley lines, i'll take the lovely tram cars any day of the week as opposed to sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for anything more than 5 minutes

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Xaris posted:

tbf congestion pricing is kinda dumb because most of the time it is "only rich ppl allowed" as it's a flat fee. the rich bankers and lawyers and poo poo blow their nose with a stack of hundos and throw it in the garbage: a 20 surcharge is nothing. london has congestion pricing and didn't seem like it did much other than the median value of a car on the road went up by five figures

either personal commuter cars shouldn't be there or they should.

london's congestion charge was funny because idiots immediately went out and bought loads of these things because they were exempt from the charge

just be careful!!!

mystes
May 31, 2006

Horace posted:

london's congestion charge was funny because idiots immediately went out and bought loads of these things because they were exempt from the charge

just be careful!!!

From the perspective of everyone else, even those cars are probably an improvement over whatever those people were driving before, although it's still probably not ideal if everyone just runs out and buys those instead of just not driving

More reasonably, while not having cars would be better, it would actually not be terrible if they multiplied to charge by like 10x and only exempted electric golf carts that are limited to 20mph or something.

mystes has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Sep 16, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Dongicus posted:

just blew the trans in my car

good for you both

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Boywhiz88 posted:

I have no idea why he wouldn’t have a chauffeur , why deprive yourself

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Boywhiz88 posted:

He's a few million short of being a billionaire lmao, he could afford a full time driver easily

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

tbf congestion pricing is kinda dumb because most of the time it is "only rich ppl allowed" as it's a flat fee. the rich bankers and lawyers and poo poo blow their nose with a stack of hundos and throw it in the garbage: a 20 surcharge is nothing. london has congestion pricing and didn't seem like it did much other than the median value of a car on the road went up by five figures

so what, the number of cars goes down and you have money to use on transit infrastructure

Mayor Dave posted:

He's a few million short of being a billionaire lmao, he could afford a full time driver easily

wikipedia says 114 million

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
this instagram meme page had an anti-car post with a few images id seen in this thread. i saw a galaxycarbrain take in the comments:
"consider the anti car push lately as a freedom of movement limiting psyop, who would be in charge of public transportation? just a thought"

four wheels two legs one eye ask questions etc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

why did u probate tori he was making fun of this sign thats directly in the post above his smdh

mystes
May 31, 2006

Smythe posted:

why did u probate tori he was making fun of this sign thats directly in the post above his smdh
Because it was still a bad post?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kicked Throat posted:

this instagram meme page had an anti-car post with a few images id seen in this thread. i saw a galaxycarbrain take in the comments:
"consider the anti car push lately as a freedom of movement limiting psyop, who would be in charge of public transportation? just a thought"

four wheels two legs one eye ask questions etc

it's true, public transportation is agenda 21

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mystes posted:

Because it was still a bad post?

ok

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

challenger approaches, my car is from the 90s and smells like burning oil most of the time, if not it smells like burning petrol coming through the air vents

That explains a lot about your posting actually

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
the car defender has logged on

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Smythe posted:

🤔

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Thank rapists who don't rape!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Terminal mod brain. Pathetic.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

jokes?!?!? on the jokes forum?!?! gently caress

larper
Apr 9, 2019
https://www.gazettenet.com/Driver-who-struck-killed-Northampton-musician-changes-plea-46923534

Happened 2 miles away from me. no jail time lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

If her license is really suspended for 15 years, why are they making her take a safe driving class now?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol at the freaks wailing because their creepy friend got probed for saying some super weird poo poo. reassess

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

kind of reminds me of the time in the nz thread when everyone was calling you a bad poster and you melted down and started encouraging people to post homophobic slurs

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sphyre posted:

kind of reminds me of the time in the nz thread when everyone was calling you a bad poster and you melted down and started encouraging people to post homophobic slurs

Yeah that definitely sounds like something that happened

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

you got me, i made it up. by the way can you stop posting ITT. feel free to gawk or whatever but you add nothing and really need to go away! thanks!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hhm. okay. I'll leave you alone to marinade in this extremely bad thread but only if you stop acting weird every time you see me post and bring it up in unrelated threads to try and rile them. deal

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

challenger approaches, my car is from the 90s and smells like burning oil most of the time, if not it smells like burning petrol coming through the air vents

1998 dodge caravan with 450,000km in two different shades of green. Everything's broken but the engine and drivetrain. Looks a little cooler than normal tho bc the wheels are the wrong size and sort of pop out. The steering rack is loose. There is rust.

Driving it instead of just scrapping it is sort of an act of hatred.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
An acquaintance of mine was hit and killed by a car on Valentine's Day, while walking his girlfriend home from a concert. He was dragged for two whole city blocks. I went from ambivalence towards car to CSPAM levels of rage.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

cars ftw. they go super fast lol

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

WaryWarren posted:

An acquaintance of mine was hit and killed by a car on Valentine's Day, while walking his girlfriend home from a concert. He was dragged for two whole city blocks. I went from ambivalence towards car to CSPAM levels of rage.

Sorry

A coworker of mine just lost a child in a car accident. Everyone is one accident away from this kind of tragedy. I don't know how we tolerate it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dongicus posted:

cars ftw. they go super fast lol

lol yup. and also race cars definitely ftmfw

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol yup. and also race cars definitely ftmfw

didn't even think of racecars. thanks.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sphyre posted:

yorue gay OP

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gay rear end kiwis posting about how much they want to gently caress their bicycles

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Sorry

A coworker of mine just lost a child in a car accident. Everyone is one accident away from this kind of tragedy. I don't know how we tolerate it.

Thanks. It happened in 2004, but I still think of him from time to time. Like right before I made my post.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Loucks posted:

Terminal mod brain. Pathetic.

I was probing him for a bad metaphor

There is also a certain type of joke... a type of joke that people shouldn't make... it rhymes with ape joke... anyway!

Edit: sorry, just to clarify: rape joke

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 22:48 on Sep 16, 2022

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

There is also a certain type of joke... a type of joke that people shouldn't make... it rhymes with ape joke... anyway!

lol how was that a rape joke

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dustcat posted:

lol how was that a rape joke

yeah, it was missing the joke part

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

thank you for not rape joking us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Rape and murder are comparably awful. Swapping them out to show how hosed up it is that we’ve normalized the latter isn’t a joke at all. It was lazy and not perfectly phrased, but that is 100% an apt metaphor and your inability to think about the post beyond “I saw ‘rape,’ best mash those buttons” is a perfect example of “mod brain.”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)