Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

i say swears online posted:

what has been the general arc of the plot? i watched up until she made it to canada, then turned around and went right back. it got pretty stupid early on

I only half-watch while doing other stuff, if I want a depressing vision of America I just read this subforum. Waterford got brutally murdered at the end of the previous season which was cool.

Who are the historical parallels to Kanye, in that theme of "popular and talented musician whose personal life falls completely apart"? Would it be unfair to Michael Jackson to put him in that category?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

TheSlutPit posted:

Context btw for the noobs out there

zomby was right. its not loving breakbeat!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Who are the historical parallels to Kanye, in that theme of "popular and talented musician whose personal life falls completely apart"? Would it be unfair to Michael Jackson to put him in that category?

there are parallels i guess. both set money on fire but were earning it about as fast as they could spend it. i'm pretty sure kanye's worth way way more than jackson ever was though because of the clothing deals. jackson kind of became a villain for buying the beatles catalogue. i can't think of many people that just went completely insane at the height of their popularity

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

babypolis posted:

tweets are from 2020 but account was made in 2021, so its pretty likely shes doctoring these tweets lol

unless theres some way to change your twitter regdate?

everyones siding with cardi because this guy is famously annoying apparently

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

whoever cardi assaulted probably deserved it, i trust her to make mature decisions

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

shes an ascended poster like lil nas x so she knows what shes doing

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

whoever cardi assaulted probably deserved it, i trust her to make mature decisions

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Koirhor posted:

wtf is a fantano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkLehdvhMNA

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

nicki stans btfo

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

watching downfall 2004 and am very struck at how markedly different the child soldier subplot is in tone compared to jojo rabbit despite the characters quite literally being in identical situations

granted these movies are very different genres setting notwithstanding but its a hell of a contrast with downfall depicting a fundamentally realistic world where people talk themselves into believing objectively wrong things because theyre in an awful unsalvageable situation while jojo rabbit just whimsically blames this on people being kind of dumb

cant help but feel like theres a metaphor for our political discourse in there somewhere

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

C-Euro posted:

I only half-watch while doing other stuff, if I want a depressing vision of America I just read this subforum. Waterford got brutally murdered at the end of the previous season which was cool.

No. Michael Jackson still put out good music up until his death

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Farm Frenzy posted:

Unlike Lil Nas x, cardi b is a friend of the people.

Lil Nas x had a bunch of tweets that were "left" and critiqued Amazon that were erased as soon as he blew up

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Lil Nas x had a bunch of tweets that were "left" and critiqued Amazon that were erased as soon as he blew up

Wait seriously? Lol. It’s bonkers that “critical of amazon” is somehow considered unacceptably radical nowadays.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

man needs his own fortnite concert, what can i say

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Some Guy TT posted:

watching downfall 2004 and am very struck at how markedly different the child soldier subplot is in tone compared to jojo rabbit despite the characters quite literally being in identical situations

granted these movies are very different genres setting notwithstanding but its a hell of a contrast with downfall depicting a fundamentally realistic world where people talk themselves into believing objectively wrong things because theyre in an awful unsalvageable situation while jojo rabbit just whimsically blames this on people being kind of dumb

cant help but feel like theres a metaphor for our political discourse in there somewhere

If you really want a headfuck: the book JoJo Rabbit is based on is deadly loving serious, the main character is basically an incel who keeps the girl hostage in his home for three years past the end of the war, and soy fantasy hitler was invented entirely for the film

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

If you really want a headfuck: the book JoJo Rabbit is based on is deadly loving serious, the main character is basically an incel who keeps the girl hostage in his home for three years past the end of the war, and soy fantasy hitler was invented entirely for the film

What a brave and stunning decision.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

we need a cool hip hitler to make the movie more palatable to kids they wont like a loud scary hitler

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TheSlutPit posted:

Wait seriously? Lol. It’s bonkers that “critical of amazon” is somehow considered unacceptably radical nowadays.

Yep. They were up for awhile while his first hit was moving up the charts then *poof* gone. He was a semi-popular shitposter until that point.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

god drake sucks lmao

my fave drake (and kanye) story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqa8p1xbjds

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

groper v groomer

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/TylerLaRiviere/status/1570952362751303682

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

That’s so lame lol. Riot fest 2019 was the last big thing I went to before covid and people were goin nuts in the pit during the against me set. I can’t imagine them having to stop every few minutes for a wellness check.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/LeighGiangreco/status/1570747201936056320

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mr drake sir, your response?

https://twitter.com/saeeddicaprio/status/1570834174025801729

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

C-Euro posted:

Elvis? His personal and artistic decline in the 1970s was pretty horrible, especially given the momentum after his 1968 comeback and Presley could have been if he had better people around him.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1570564562369540098

Hell yes

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao kanye went off into a new realm, and his new look can't be matched.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

kanye's still got it, but it's hard to argue he's not just constantly unwell in public now

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I wanna go

E I bet its a kamp krusty situation though

E2 Kamp Kanye

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

josh04 posted:

kanye's still got it, but it's hard to argue he's not just constantly unwell in public now

Check this out

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Check this out

Wait, how does Kanye affect the statistics that much if it's median rather than mean

Is he literally the only black person in Wyoming?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

Wait, how does Kanye affect the statistics that much if it's median rather than mean

yeah came to ask the same thing

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

loquacius posted:

The data for Wyoming has an insane margin of error for black people, like 60k vs. the reported 80k median. The updated stats with only a 14k margin of error puts black people at -30% compared to white people.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
I'm really creeped out by how Kanye has completely changed his vocal affect in the last four years or so so that he sounds white. it was really noticeable in that Netflix doc

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

spiders ye is a statistical outlier and should not be counted

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol this will be completely unenforceable

Adbot