Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Question for Gumball Gumption: You put down a vote on someone presumably to get them to come talk a bit more. Why that player over other similarly quiet players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CommonShore posted:

same but the other way.

the problem is that I did some :justpost: action and got targeted because of it. It's a pretty common first-round scum strategy in social deduction games to argue that anyone who sticks their neck out for any reason is the one who is actually scum to get someone killed fast.

I don't feel like what commonshore says here reflects reality but probably comes down to a difference of interpretation.

That said, I don't like mekchu's vote on commonshore right now. Mekchu hasn't really engaged with any of the talking points and moved from one seemingly jokey vote to another (minus the error I pointed out), but much closer to deadline.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't feel like what commonshore says here reflects reality but probably comes down to a difference of interpretation.

That said, I don't like mekchu's vote on commonshore right now. Mekchu hasn't really engaged with any of the talking points and moved from one seemingly jokey vote to another (minus the error I pointed out), but much closer to deadline.

maf edit: this should be a comment on mekchu's malformed vote on dirt road junglist there, not commonshore. I got my wires crossed because of the error. commentary otherwise stands

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Gumball Gumption posted:

Except when it's scummy! And it gave me a little scum vibes but not a ton and that's mostly because I think it's always a little scummy to tell people common strats and look helpful on D1 if there are a lot of new folks.

All that said though ##Vote Dirt Road Junglist for the crime of existing but not being very memorable or opinionated yet.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Oh, sure, pick on the quiet ones. Just over here minding my business, keeping an eye out for scum, and I get called out? Sheesh, at least I wasn't helpful.

##Vote Gumball Gumption

This OMGUS doesn't feel genuine. ##vote DRJ

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If there's a veteran scum here, it's George Kansas.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's all I see so far. I have some town reads but don't feel like sharing so early.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ten posts eh

In the scum (tragic) version of the Diaz bros movie where Cesar Gracie is played by Mel Gibson, the lead would be Nate played by Christian Bale and Nick by Adam Sandler and everything will be about the sad destructive struggle as they get manipulated by Dana White (played by Joe Rogan) and lose everything.

In the 209 (comic, fun) version where Cesar is played (or voiced, as this could be animated) by Joey Diaz, the lead would be Nick played by a young Bill Murray and Nate by himself and the Diaz bros would smoke shitloads of weed and outwit the mean bully (GSP, played by Tom Hardy or voiced by Werner Herzog) enroute to a final last shot of a cheering crowd on the mats with Cesar (Joey Diaz) declaring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOD0XCm57d8

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
ok, but who is going to be richard perez

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

The Science of Suck posted:

been thinking about this post and it seems weird to call something scummy and then vote for a lurker

##vote Gumball Gumption

I agree! I'm always gonna be pretty wary of the first lurker votes, it's a pretty easy alignment-neutral vote for scum. Combining that with saying you think someone else is posting scummily in the same post is pretty bad! ##vote Gumball

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The real strategic advantage of having never played this game before is while everyone else is having interesting conversations about strategy and reading into player motives and what you can and cannot glean from first-day activities, I, like a true Stocktonian, legitimately have no idea what I am doing and am thus strategically pure.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
white washing nick diaz in fantasy film casting - p scummy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

The real strategic advantage of having never played this game before is while everyone else is having interesting conversations about strategy and reading into player motives and what you can and cannot glean from first-day activities, I, like a true Stocktonian, legitimately have no idea what I am doing and am thus strategically pure.

b i g
s a m e

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

ok, but who is going to be richard perez

h jon benjamin in either

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

I don't know many actors :(

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This is the ufc version of the Bad Bunny WWE incident. Shameful

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

Just a question: why do you frame it as seemingly good that you aren't helpful? that's how I'm reading it

Nep-Nep posted:

this post is weird. I liked earlier how bluedeanie started with a simple icebreaker question but this moves the needle for me the other way somewhat

Nep-Nep posted:

Question for Gumball Gumption: You put down a vote on someone presumably to get them to come talk a bit more. Why that player over other similarly quiet players

Nep-Nep posted:

Nep-Nep posted:

maf edit: this should be a comment on mekchu's malformed vote on dirt road junglist there, not commonshore. I got my wires crossed because of the error. commentary otherwise stands

I appreciate the scumhunting effort and these are good thoughts, but this is also sort of what I was talking about in my "weird" post to begin with. There's just not a lot of useful information to go off of D1, especially with a new player heavy game, so even well meaning players (which I think you are fwiw) are just reading into a lot of posts trying to get conversation going! I don't think there's anyone I can really peg as scum this early. My playstyle has always been to play it pretty chill/casual until in-thread alliances inevitably start to form D2 :devil:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I don't know many actors :(

fair

my first thought was john slattery as perez because of the white hair :-/

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

I mean I put it in the post, I took a look at who hasn't been posting since in a game like this I'm expecting at least one quiet new scum who has no clue what to do and out of those with low posts so far it's Dirt Road who felt the most like they were just trying to get through day 1.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean I put it in the post, I took a look at who hasn't been posting since in a game like this I'm expecting at least one quiet new townie who has no clue what to do and out of those with low posts so far it's Dirt Road who felt the most like they were just trying to get through day 1.

my edit highlights the risk in thinking like this. A new player is probably gonna be p. apprehensive this early regardless of role. I know I sure was!

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

There is a lot of posting about day 1 semi random votes. Its day 1 and who knows anything so far. I'm just chilling with coffee at the moment and I'm far more suspicious of the multilevel deep attwmoted analysis of random day 1 poo poo than anything else

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

what kind of info will we get besides more posts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TheTofuShop posted:

There is a lot of posting about day 1 semi random votes. Its day 1 and who knows anything so far. I'm just chilling with coffee at the moment and I'm far more suspicious of the multilevel deep attwmoted analysis of random day 1 poo poo than anything else

I mean what's the alternative? We don't do anything until deadline and on D2 we finally get into scum hunting? At the least encouraging conversation about the game now gets info to look at when you finally get serious.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Its not a bad thing to have all the posting, I just personally havent gotten any kind of reliable scrum reads from anyone, to be clear

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

This is undeniably true though

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CarlCX posted:

You can only hide behind being new for a day. If this is your scum strategy, I’d suggest revising it quickly!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
well i'm going to bed so I guess I'll just vote to help a lunch along

##vote Gumball Gumption

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Really limping towards the finish line today.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

been thinking about this post and it seems weird to call something scummy and then vote for a lurker

##vote Gumball Gumption

This is a fair assessment and also seems to be the way the wind is blowing

## unvote
##vote Gumball Gumption

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

##vote Gumball Gumption

I feel like the interaction between the two is distancing. I’d vote GG too.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Gumball Gumption (5): Mekchu, Mekchu, Dirt Road Junglist, The Science of Suck, George Kansas, ilmucche, Bluedeanie
Dirt Road Junglist (2): Gumball Gumption, merk
Bluedeanie (1): CommonShore
CommonShore (1): Bluedeanie, Mekchu, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, Bluedeanie
merk (1): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, CarlCX, CommonShore, CommonShore, ilmucche
LobsterMobster (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck
ilmucche (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, George Kansas, George Kansas
CarlCX (0): ilmucche, ilmucche
Mekchu (0): Gumball Gumption, Gumball Gumption
The Science of Suck (0): George Kansas, George Kansas
George Kansas (0): ilmucche, ilmucche

Not Voting (3): LobsterMobster, Nep-Nep, TheTofuShop

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 15th, 2022 at 9:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 5 minutes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Except when it's scummy! And it gave me a little scum vibes but not a ton and that's mostly because I think it's always a little scummy to tell people common strats and look helpful on D1 if there are a lot of new folks.

All that said though ##Vote Dirt Road Junglist for the crime of existing but not being very memorable or opinionated yet.

I mean I lay the reasoning out there. I don't think it's that weird, I'd rather have quiet people talk on day one and I can swap my vote to who I feel is scummy once people start talking.

##Vote CommonShore

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean I lay the reasoning out there. I don't think it's that weird, I'd rather have quiet people talk on day one and I can swap my vote to who I feel is scummy once people start talking.

##Vote CommonShore

dude are you suicidal

##vote Gumball Gumption

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

I guess that depends on the tone of the movie. Who is playing the Diazes and who is directing?

Rza is directing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep posted:

This seems to not have parsed as a real vote due to the extra ## by the way

Oh. That's fine.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
uhoh need one more vote before the deadline in 5 min i think?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Gumball Gumption (6): Mekchu, Mekchu, Dirt Road Junglist, The Science of Suck, George Kansas, ilmucche, Bluedeanie, CommonShore
CommonShore (2): Bluedeanie, Mekchu, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, Bluedeanie, Gumball Gumption
merk (1): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, CarlCX, CommonShore, CommonShore, ilmucche
Dirt Road Junglist (1): Gumball Gumption, merk, Gumball Gumption
LobsterMobster (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck
Bluedeanie (0): CommonShore, CommonShore
ilmucche (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, George Kansas, George Kansas
CarlCX (0): ilmucche, ilmucche
Mekchu (0): Gumball Gumption, Gumball Gumption
The Science of Suck (0): George Kansas, George Kansas
George Kansas (0): ilmucche, ilmucche

Not Voting (3): LobsterMobster, Nep-Nep, TheTofuShop

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 15th, 2022 at 9:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The day ends with a NO-VOTE!

Nobody has died.

CarlCX, DirtRoadJunglist, and TheTofuShop, you are on Lurker Notice!

If you make less than 10 posts in a single Day phase again, you will be mod-killed!

Night phase starts now. If you have night actions, they will be performed in your discord channel. Night phase will have a 24h deadline but may end sooner if all night actions are in before then.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MERK was slaughtered in the night!

quote:

No release or relief, just pain everywhere I've been, but now I need to focus, **JUST GOTTA GET MY TRIATHLONS IN**

You are a TOWN-Aligned Vanilla Player. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated. As a Vanilla Player, you do not possess any special powers except for your Vote. Use it wisely.

DAY TWO BEGINS

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): Bluedeanie, CarlCX, CommonShore, Dirt Road Junglist, George Kansas, Gumball Gumption, ilmucche, LobsterMobster, Mekchu, Nep-Nep, The Science of Suck, TheTofuShop

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 18th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Sorry, that no lunch was partly on me, I was busy from 7-9 my time last night but it went over and I didn't make it in time to help avoid that.