Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Not quite PS5 related but is there a recommended place to get an official ps3 controller online (in the UK) without it being a fake?

Is a trusted seller on Ebay my best bet?

The trigger on my DS3 has started to go and the sticks are all gunky so figure I should just replace it.

I think you can use a DS4 or DS5 with a PS3 but there's compatability issues right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
First Sekiro journey update: game is starting to click. I went straight to the dream after getting the thing you use to pray at the Buddha, took down the drunk dude after quite a bit of effort and then got blocked hard by lady butterfly. After dying to her a dozen times I realised there's gotta be another way to go to get more snap seeds. Stabbed some snake in the eye and took down the horse guy in two attempts which felt good.

I keep playing a bit too aggressively due to bloodborne habits but I'm slowly getting better at the rhythm of the game. Unlocking the thing that heals on death blows has been a big help.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kin posted:

I think you can use a DS4 or DS5 with a PS3 but there's compatability issues right?

I think only a few games can be tricky if using a DS4. And the PS button won't have full functionality.

GAME stores in UK may have 2nd hand units with warranty. Or try get some spare parts and swap the stuff, from what you're saying, replacing the triggers and the sticks (just the top, not the mechanism) takes minutes and there are cheap and good quality stuff on Amazon and even AliExpress.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 17, 2022

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Wo long is average as gently caress

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Oh I misread the instructions on the Dragon blood tear and used it straight from my inventory instead of at the rest site. It restored a single resurrect symbol and so everyone is still all sick and wheezy. Kinda hoping there's more soon.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Just got a PS app notification about the dual expense controller but no release date still. Boo

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Tirade posted:

I keep playing a bit too aggressively due to bloodborne habits but I'm slowly getting better at the rhythm of the game. Unlocking the thing that heals on death blows has been a big help.

Awesome thing about Sekiro is there's no such thing as "too aggressively"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the dualsense saucepan water saga update:

ive tried connecting it to charge up but the dualsense just flashes orange twice when i connect to the the charging plug. ive read online that it might be the battery? as any one dealt with this before? its cheaper buying a new battery than a new controller but if its a pain in the rear end to open then... :shrug: the fact that it flashes tells me it might not be totally dead.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Jesus christ the „50€” price increase turned out to be closer to 450 PLN in real life for the cheapest bundle available. The PS5 is now over 1.5 the minimum wage in Poland

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Kin posted:

Not quite PS5 related but is there a recommended place to get an official ps3 controller online (in the UK) without it being a fake?

Is a trusted seller on Ebay my best bet?

The trigger on my DS3 has started to go and the sticks are all gunky so figure I should just replace it.

I was faced with a similar issue recently and ended up getting a MAGIC NS 2 adapter which lets the DualShock 4 (among other things) work perfectly with the PS3. I've been playing through the Metal Gear Solid collection using a DS4 and it has worked fine (rumble and PS button work fine).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Volte posted:

I was faced with a similar issue recently and ended up getting a MAGIC NS 2 adapter which lets the DualShock 4 (among other things) work perfectly with the PS3. I've been playing through the Metal Gear Solid collection using a DS4 and it has worked fine (rumble and PS button work fine).

I didn't know about this but hell, I'll pick one for sure so my DS4 has full functionality on my PS3.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

the dualsense saucepan water saga update:

ive tried connecting it to charge up but the dualsense just flashes orange twice when i connect to the the charging plug. ive read online that it might be the battery? as any one dealt with this before? its cheaper buying a new battery than a new controller but if its a pain in the rear end to open then... :shrug: the fact that it flashes tells me it might not be totally dead.

I haven't replaced the battery on mine, but I did replace a trigger spring and that's slightly more work. Ifixit's guide estimates 20 minutes which sounds right. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Sony+DualSense+Controller+Battery+Replacement/142053

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Beat the Wo Long demo and then got a “failed to send clear data” error. Guess I’m not getting the hat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tirade posted:

Oh I misread the instructions on the Dragon blood tear and used it straight from my inventory instead of at the rest site. It restored a single resurrect symbol and so everyone is still all sick and wheezy. Kinda hoping there's more soon.

You get tons I wouldn't worry

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Handsome Wife posted:

Beat the Wo Long demo and then got a “failed to send clear data” error. Guess I’m not getting the hat.

Could be worse the Xbox version was unplayable til this morning and still have error messages that wouldn't crash the game but were extremely likely to get you killed after that lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

Endless tutorials popping up when you suck at a game is trash, but the truly cursed poo poo is games prompting you to turn down the difficulty after you die like, twice.

The instance of this that really pissed me off was in one of the Uncharted games, I took 30 seconds to look at a puzzle and suddenly Sully started barking, the chime sound goes off, a huge icon floats over the screen, and popup text for "Talk to Sully for a hint!" shows up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That is the exact point where a playtester displayed frustration

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Naughty Dog is funny because the parts where their games decide to offer unsolicited help are never not completely off base for me. It'll tell me what to do next when I know exactly what to do, but when I'm struggling for 5 straight minutes to find a palette or a hole in the wall there's absolutely nothing.

Despite it being my 4th or 5th playthrough, I actually turned on the L3 navigation assistant thing in TLOU about 2/3rds of the way through and it was great. I'd never do that in an exploration based game ,but not knowing what to do next in a totally linear game is annoying as gently caress and there are a few parts in the TLOU 1 that are really poorly communicated.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Tirade posted:

First Sekiro journey update: game is starting to click. I went straight to the dream after getting the thing you use to pray at the Buddha, took down the drunk dude after quite a bit of effort and then got blocked hard by lady butterfly. After dying to her a dozen times I realised there's gotta be another way to go to get more snap seeds. Stabbed some snake in the eye and took down the horse guy in two attempts which felt good.

Good job and kudos to you. Sekiro always will hold many of my greatest gaming achievements. Nearly no-hit genichiro kill, and just going all out against Isshin and winning. Lady Butterfly is the first boss to really test your rhythm game. Like, sekiro is nearly dance dance revolution (not trolling) with regards to the rhythm recognition it demands from the player. Lady Butterfly is all dance. Once it clicks it feels incredible. But for her phases where the ghosts appear, I didn’t really ever rely on snap seeds primarily because they were such a limited resource (and you want to save them for cheesing the ghost monk fight). Instead, loving just go all out in those phases. Ignore the ghosts best you can, and stay on her, and keep up high precision deflections and the crit attack negations. You can completely gently caress her up before the ghosts can really do anything.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

And then nintendo release a switch with a pokemon painted on it for 50 dollars more

didn't stop you from buying it :japan:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Blind Rasputin posted:

Good job and kudos to you. Sekiro always will hold many of my greatest gaming achievements. Nearly no-hit genichiro kill, and just going all out against Isshin and winning. Lady Butterfly is the first boss to really test your rhythm game. Like, sekiro is nearly dance dance revolution (not trolling) with regards to the rhythm recognition it demands from the player. Lady Butterfly is all dance. Once it clicks it feels incredible. But for her phases where the ghosts appear, I didn’t really ever rely on snap seeds primarily because they were such a limited resource (and you want to save them for cheesing the ghost monk fight). Instead, loving just go all out in those phases. Ignore the ghosts best you can, and stay on her, and keep up high precision deflections and the crit attack negations. You can completely gently caress her up before the ghosts can really do anything.

I'm stuck at the exact same spot and all the advice I've read is that if you're aggressive enough you can stop them from even spawning in the first place?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

You can parry the ghost projectiles, too

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I ran around the arena until the ghosts disappeared

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I dunno about that. Some surely spawn but it’s not the end of the world. They’re slow and easy to swipe away if they get too close. Lady Butterfly has all of like 5 moves to learn to defeat and, again, once you learn the rhythm of the dance, she’s a pushover. But learning that rhythm is so important for the rest of the game. The ninjas later, the monk(s), the seven sword finger enemies, tons of future enemies basically, all will be nigh unbeatable without understanding the rhythm game of deflecting and attacking. Because seriously once you learn that rhythm is all it’s about, everything can be defeated.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My favorite thing about PSN chat parties is how when someone tries to leave you can just keep putting them back into the party and they can't do anything about it lmao.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is there a way to toggle the Dualsense's mic off in the settings? I know now that you press the button under the PS button to mute it (I didn't know that until yesterday when I saw that my mic was on in-game in the Modern Warfare 2 beta, which wasn't what I wanted), but like I have to do that every time I wake the system out of rest mode. It'd be nice to have it muted unless you press the button on the controller, which is how I thought it worked until yesterday.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Rageaholic posted:

Is there a way to toggle the Dualsense's mic off in the settings? I know now that you press the button under the PS button to mute it (I didn't know that until yesterday when I saw that my mic was on in-game in the Modern Warfare 2 beta, which wasn't what I wanted), but like I have to do that every time I wake the system out of rest mode. It'd be nice to have it muted unless you press the button on the controller, which is how I thought it worked until yesterday.

You can change the default by going to the Settings menu, Sound, Microphone, Microphone Status When Logged In.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dewgy posted:

You can change the default by going to the Settings menu, Sound, Microphone, Microphone Status When Logged In.
Dooooooooope, thanks!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

My favorite thing about PSN chat parties is how when someone tries to leave you can just keep putting them back into the party and they can't do anything about it lmao.

Usually it's because they have no idea how any of the system features or options work :allears:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this looks fun. burnout x carmageddon x destruction derby. steam only so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_BWOkMCSG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESfhVNwrL0E

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Is Madden '23 any good?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Bananana posted:

Is Madden '23 any good?

Funny you bring this up, I just made a thread for discussion sports games. But uh not really? Its kinda a huge mess this year with a very unnecessarily complicated playbook, and bugs where the UI just disappears so you can't make proper plays or see information that you need to know. Madden 22 is a much better game imo, but maybe someone has had a better experience with it than I did.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Suikoden

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Modern Warfare 2 beta fun

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I will never buy another sports game ever again

BeanpolePeckerwood