Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I declared my undying loyalty to the hamburger clown way before apps were even a thing.

axolotl farmer posted:

McDonalds has a perfectly cromulent vegan meal this days. Beyond Meat laid off a bunch of people.
Sadly, McDonalds is ending the McPlant, if that's what you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr_zOa1P6Xc&t=64s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Lake of Methane posted:

Sadly, McDonalds is ending the McPlant, if that's what you mean.

Euro McD has a McVegan soy based burger. I don’t think that’s going away.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

did someone say mcdonalds?

since the younger woman who I used to work with told me the secret* I’ve been ordering the secret at least a few times a week.

which is a combo where you can get a big mac AND a quarter pounder in a combo with large fries and drink and I get two salt sachets to makes sure my fries are salty enough

the drink has to be coke zero tho. the sugar free coke compensates for the weeks worth of saturated fat

is this too much food for one man for one meal? asking that question is fatphobic and problematic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

axolotl farmer posted:

Euro McD has a McVegan soy based burger. I don’t think that’s going away.

is this like the burger king rebel thing?

either way I’m sure it’s just “plant based”, it’s difficult to imagine a fast food place managing to avoid meatamination

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

I get two salt sachets to makes sure my fries are salty enough

:ohno:

some people just eat crazy amounts of salt. my sister went to high school with a girl that ate herself into the hospital strictly because of how heavily she salted everything she ate

to your point though when i was a lot fatter id still get sugar free drinks. i don't think any fat person really thinks theyre saving any calories by doing it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i had a friend in high school who'd eat his mcdonalds french fries by holding each one up and individually pouring salt on top, 1 by 1

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao if you don’t have a salt pouch on your belt to dip fries into

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

l

to your point though when i was a lot fatter id still get sugar free drinks. i don't think any fat person really thinks theyre saving any calories by doing it

lol of course not but drinking sugar free is like the simplest easiest option to reduce calories and also reduce the most toxic “normal” substance known to mankind

the idea that somehow artificial sweetener is worse than sugar is .. well it requires some special kinds of lead poisoning

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

over the last seven days i've been emailing back and forth with a csr at a national medical supply store trying to get them to credit the loyalty program points that they forgot to credit me during a recent transaction (hey, it's $60 worth of points!)

i feel like i've crossed the old fart rubicon here

update: after 9 emails I finally got my loving points. squeaky old wheel ftw!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

lmao if you don’t have a salt pouch on your belt to dip fries into
imo the time to salt fries is while they're still a tad oily from frying and at no time after

then again i like to mix significant amounts of black pepper into dipping ketchup so what do i know

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Why didn't I discover fibre supplements sooner? Such happy insides now.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

did someone say mcdonalds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCcHrDMsfDg

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

the idea that somehow artificial sweetener is worse than sugar is .. well it requires some special kinds of lead poisoning

well, it tastes worse, which is pretty dang important for a food item

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just add a bit of salt and eventually you can’t tell

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

echinopsis posted:

just add a bit of salt and eventually you can’t tell

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
rip to the z0rs who died

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Kenny Logins posted:

rip to the z0rs who died

hey

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Kenny Logins posted:

rip to the z0rs who died
Sometimes it's like I can still hear his voice...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ghostpostin’

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/lilyyily/status/1438546727468941314?s=46&t=chukVS0gZ_NK-nDbnKX_jw

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
slept on my shoulder during my refreshing afternoon old man nap and now i can't raise my arm

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

saaaaaaaame

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

did two jobs on the weekend, pulling up some tiles with a demo hammer, and digging a trench to run some electrical cables

now I am stiff as gently caress and have a powerful dry cough (i wore a mask for most of the tile job)

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
yeah I pulled three stumps out yesterday and I’m in pain. this is the true unfairness, boomers could buy houses in their 20s when this poo poo didn’t kill them for days after.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
did a bunch of Labor friday afternoon at work and my bottom half was way more achey than it shoulda have been, couple hours after i realized my shoe soles were worn down to the nubbins and need new ones

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just hatcheted some avocado growth away from my drip lines. it'd been trapped there since before we moved in, but then i remembered that i own a hatchet

i am very tired and very sweaty now

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

ultravoices posted:

slept on my shoulder during my refreshing afternoon old man nap and now i can't raise my arm

I slept wrong and my shoulder's been hosed for 3 months

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

bssoil posted:

I slept wrong and my shoulder's been hosed for 3 months

i slept wrong and herniated a disc in my cervical spine

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Blinkz0rz posted:

i slept wrong and herniated a disc in my cervical spine

drat you old

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

mods please make this the background for this thread

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
https://twitter.com/JSJisDuke/status/1309571196401250304

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1570958744800096258

:sigh: same

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i'm blind as a bat and i do all my fine solderin' and finish work sans glasses, 3 inches from the workpiece

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm farsighted

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

and I need to update my prescription. if I need to see really close I put reading glasses over my normal glasses

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

there is a distance, about a foot away, where I’m too nearsighted to focus without glasses and too oldsighted to focus with glasses.

I just might be needing reading glasses.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
ya im so nearsighted at the distance something is close enough to be clearly legible i'm crosseyed. and my eyes just got old recently so i have to go to the doc. now what ugh

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

i should probably go get my vision checked at some point

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it changed my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

i don’t really want to need glasses