Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Adder Moray posted:

I have been saying it, but it seems pretty clear to me that people are being judged by their own metrics and neither Cap nor Daredevil would every really consider themselves as having lived up to their ideals.

Cyclops, on the other hand, measures himself by how the people around him judge him.

Yeah, I think this is about right though there seems more to it. Like Daredevil seems like he would be a pass for continuing on even though he feels like he's not worthy. Thor kind of passes on a technicality. Doom passes because he says he passes.

So it also kind of feels like how true to yourself you are. Because it's also stated Daredevil constantly breaks his own code. Doom probably should never pass that test, but he remains true to himself and it's actually kind of similar to how Kamala passes. They both reject the easy choice because it's not true to who they are.

But ultimately like someone else said, I think it's flawed in how it judges people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, I think this is about right though there seems more to it. Like Daredevil seems like he would be a pass for continuing on even though he feels like he's not worthy. Thor kind of passes on a technicality. Doom passes because he says he passes.

So it also kind of feels like how true to yourself you are. Because it's also stated Daredevil constantly breaks his own code. Doom probably should never pass that test, but he remains true to himself and it's actually kind of similar to how Kamala passes. They both reject the easy choice because it's not true to who they are.

But ultimately like someone else said, I think it's flawed in how it judges people.

I'm pretty sure that's what we're headed for, that the Celestial finds that it's unworthy, thereby making it's judgements pointless.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Adder Moray posted:

I have been saying it, but it seems pretty clear to me that people are being judged by their own metrics and neither Cap nor Daredevil would every really consider themselves as having lived up to their ideals.

Cyclops, on the other hand, measures himself by how the people around him judge him.

Yeah, Catholic guilt is Daredevil's greatest weakness.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

HELP WHY IS STARFOX SO HOT NOW HELP

Space slut.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think it's judging people at all, is the thing, it's more a reflection of how people feel about themselves

Which is probably why the planet as a whole has failed. I think it's fair to say that most people don't want to die, but with a metaphysical gun to their head, I'm not sure many people would consider themselves "worthy" of passing some kinda semi-omnipotent judgement. People are naturally built to be anxious and unsatisfied, and a lot of time that stuff gets pointed inwards even if it's for bullshit reasons.

I bet even awful people probably think they haven't done a successful enough job of being awful, a lot of the time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Synthbuttrange posted:

HELP WHY IS STARFOX SO HOT NOW HELP

He’s using his power on you.

EDIT: Sumo appears in last weeks Marauders, and his real name is revealed to be Jun Tenta. Definitely a Steve Orlando book.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 15, 2022

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Open Marriage Night posted:

He’s using his power on you.

EDIT: Sumo appears in last weeks Marauders, and his real name is revealed to be Jun Tenta. Definitely a Steve Orlando book.

nah that reveal was made in an Official Handbook a few years back

per a post by Paul O'Brien at House to Astonish, "it’s a reference to the Canadian professional wrestler John Tenta (1963-2006), who was indeed a sumo wrestler earlier in his life."

God I love comics

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Well, it’s definitely something Orlando would dig up. Still waiting for a character to look suspiciously like Danhausen.

John Tenta was the wrestler Earthquake from the Hogan era, for those that don’t know.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i was trying to find panels of it on twitter and im finding out there's no way to have sfw search results for eros or starfox

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, it’s definitely something Orlando would dig up. Still waiting for a character to look suspiciously like Danhausen.

John Tenta was the wrestler Earthquake from the Hogan era, for those that don’t know.

He was Golga during the Attitude Era! He wore a mask and wore a South Park t-shirt while carrying a Cartman doll, which lets you pinpoint exactly when it happened.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So what are the ways Mageneto is brought back? I don't think Wanda will let him stay dead, nor Xavier.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Jiro posted:

So what are the ways Mageneto is brought back? I don't think Wanda will let him stay dead, nor Xavier.

I don't think Marvel is going to want him dead for long either.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Jiro posted:

he survived in Red, did he kark it in a different comic?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sloth Life posted:

he survived in Red, did he kark it in a different comic?

He died in the latest issue of A.X.E. DragonBall Beam blasting Uranos with portals

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Thank you. Also, poo poo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

I mean wasn't Wanda's whole weird island heaven thing to allow people without backups to come back? Seems pretty cut and dry there.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

TwoPair posted:

I mean wasn't Wanda's whole weird island heaven thing to allow people without backups to come back? Seems pretty cut and dry there.

Yeah, but the whole "Magneto deliberately abandoned the idea of resurrection" thing has to come into play; presumably Wanda's "Waiting Room" can't bring back a mutant that doesn't want to be brought back

I'm not 100% sure we're not headed for a "this never happened" fakeout, just as a larger version of the one we got in AXE #2, so they might bring him back by having him not really die

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they should leave him dead for the krakoa era, but someone is prolly gonna bring him back against his express wishes anyway. a fakeout would be hard, since he got his heart destroyed prior to the ersatz celestial's creation.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah, but the whole "Magneto deliberately abandoned the idea of resurrection" thing has to come into play; presumably Wanda's "Waiting Room" can't bring back a mutant that doesn't want to be brought back

I'm not 100% sure we're not headed for a "this never happened" fakeout, just as a larger version of the one we got in AXE #2, so they might bring him back by having him not really die

This poo poo is still going on for like a month and a half. Something else is happening.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I think either the Arakko mutants or the Eternals are going to give him a new heart. Seems kind of on the nose, but I’m sure it’ll be done well.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
And Magneto's heart grew three sizes that day (because he started from 0, you see)

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

I think either the Arakko mutants or the Eternals are going to give him a new heart. Seems kind of on the nose, but I’m sure it’ll be done well.

Alternatively, Arrako softens its stance. There's a difference in dying for yourself and your own ambitions as opposed to dying in service of your people.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If he's brought back against his will, ORCHIS or Sinister would be good candidates.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Magneto needs something to take the place of his heart? Iron Man is, like, right there with him.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So like a mini repulsor reactor that also talks in Tony sarcasm? (Tony Stark is the loving worst out of all the Earth based smartest people on the planet, that also includes Hank Pym)

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Maybe judgey mcjudgerson realises they were wrong to do that whole thing, and somehow resets reality back to pre Uranos' massacre on Arrako.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Sloth Life posted:

Maybe judgey mcjudgerson realises they were wrong to do that whole thing, and somehow resets reality back to pre Uranos' massacre on Arrako.

I was thinking that Sinister still has the timeline reset thing available to him, so in a lot of ways it doesn't matter what the Celestial does, and this all leads into SOS somehow.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Either way, I hope this ends with magneto and storm being a power couple, even if only for a little while. I have no doubts Max will balls it up (it's his secondary mutation) but that "we came to make war" scene has cemented them as an item on my mind

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Classic Max: only wanting you once you become the regent of a solar system.

(There was some stuff teased between them in Age of X-Man that seemed pretty good and now thinking about it, it's strange it's taken this long to canonically ship them.)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the strange part is that sinister didn't seem to have any foreknowledge of this event.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the strange part is that sinister didn't seem to have any foreknowledge of this event.

He did. Before he was kidnapped he mused on if he would survive Judgment Day this time.

The Judgment Day timeline Destiny saw was also the one that lead to The Empire of the Red Diamond, which seems to be what Secrets of Sinister will be about.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Synthbuttrange posted:

If he's brought back against his will, ORCHIS or Sinister would be good candidates.

I figure we'll finally see North or another similar chimera coming out of Sinister's lab soon. Or, Quentin grows himself a Magneto body and keeps it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
technically, under current krakoan law they could bring back joseph. however, no one wants him back so it'll probably never come up.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Speaking (a whiles back) of Quentin, that was definitely him on the top right in the Uni-mind mutant group shot in AXE#4, right? Even though he's also definitely turbo-dead rn?

Who's the guy two to the left of him? I don't recognize that silhouette.

Strange that neither Betsy or Kwannon are in the shot, too.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

BrianWilly posted:

Speaking (a whiles back) of Quentin, that was definitely him on the top right in the Uni-mind mutant group shot in AXE#4, right? Even though he's also definitely turbo-dead rn?

Who's the guy two to the left of him? I don't recognize that silhouette.

Strange that neither Betsy or Kwannon are in the shot, too.

That's Chamber.

I also assume the notes just called for "a group shot of telepaths" and someone picked at random. The Empyre tie-in book had a moment like that with "all the telepaths show up" and there were some discrepancies there, too.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well poo poo I read X-comics for this long and didn't know Chamber was a telepath, I certainly don't intend to start knowing now!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Well poo poo I read X-comics for this long and didn't know Chamber was a telepath, I certainly don't intend to start knowing now!

he's so psychic his face exploded

no seriously

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

He's one of those hyperspecialized telepaths like Mirage and Karma.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
How else to communicate with half his face and chest all kablooey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

He doesn't have a mouth, it's how he communicates and has been since literally his first appearance lol

Like on a scale of 0 to Phoenix, he's like a 2, but yeah, he's always been a telepath