Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I laughed hardest at the Michael Tracey jab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GD_American posted:

I laughed hardest at the Michael Tracey jab.

:same:

Granted it’s like asking one to pick their favorite child, it’s just not fair or possible. :)

Scott Ritter one is also a contender.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
I just learned Roger Waters is an idiot :smith:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xakura posted:

I just learned Roger Waters is an idiot :smith:

Just?

Also for anyone who hasn’t watched it yet….you should.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat

Falling right into the Russians trap of using their poorly stored and manufactured ammo to destroy all the vehicles the Ukrainians captured from the Russians.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I kinda hope they send the shadier shells back by trebuchet.

E: or remote control john deere tractor pulling a cheap grain wagon full of arty through the line.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I kinda hope they send the shadier shells back by trebuchet.

Those things are gonna be more inspected and quality checked then they’ve ever been in their entire service life so far.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm really liking the suicide tractor idea. They can be programmed to follow gps paths. Punch in the destination and let it run. Then hit it with a javelin as it reaches its destination.

Take every drat part off that tractor that's not needed first, though.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Oh I haven't been paying attention at all. But I have listened to a bunch of Pink Floyd so it's still sad to see roger waters send "you should surrender" letters to Zelensky's wife, 6 months into this invasion.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Xakura posted:

Oh I haven't been paying attention at all. But I have listened to a bunch of Pink Floyd so it's still sad to see roger waters send "you should surrender" letters to Zelensky's wife, 6 months into this invasion.

I didn’t know either :smith::hf::smith:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Starting to see multiple people mentioning that Iranian suicide drones are starting to become a major headache for the Ukrainians. I wonder how many of them Russia bought.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Xakura posted:

yeah considering his stance on Israel and Palestine I am actually quite shocked that he bought into the "NATO provocations". For a guy who has written so much music criticizing world leaders that get very grabby for land, how the gently caress do you miss what Russia has been up to for the past...150+ years regarding the extermination of Ukraine

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Just?

Also for anyone who hasn’t watched it yet….you should.

Fuckin lost it at these parts. That was good.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xakura posted:

Oh I did too in back in college, but Waters, like Morrissey is a massive broke brain tool when it comes to the West. Waters I could, in theory, have sympathy for, as his did got killed in WWII and clearly it was a defining moment for him. That said he’s still a dipshit and just because you had tragedy, doesn’t excuse stupid behavior aka the Polanski doctrine. That said the actual members of Pink Floyd hate him and support Ukraine, so don’t get bugged too much by it.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Fuckin lost it at these parts. That was good.

It’s glorious. I tweeted Gabbi the last one. :)

Just saw this

https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/status/1571205985598951426

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 17, 2022

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Xakura posted:

Roger Waters outing himself as pro-Russian became known right after Pink Floyd itself released this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saEpkcVi1d4

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zat posted:

Roger Waters outing himself as pro-Russian became known right after Pink Floyd itself released this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saEpkcVi1d4

Ah I figured he had been on the Russian crack rock for a while. I didn’t mean to shame any Floyd fans here as the only people I’m mad at are those paying to see him or carrying water for him. Plus he isn’t Pink Floyd, just some dude who got yeeted from the band. ;)

Also badass hard bass doggo.

https://twitter.com/gerashchenko_en/status/1571209800213561345?s=46&t=b0Za7dbbr6ZOWNCF9e9vbQ

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

:unsmith:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Partisans? No way forward elements have made it to the center of the city already, unless the Russian lines completely collapsed.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

psydude posted:

Partisans? No way forward elements have made it to the center of the city already, unless the Russian lines completely collapsed.

This is way outside my depth but I can't imagine many partisans have AFVs.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

Yeah, Russian are claiming it’s a counter terrorism operation…so war crimes.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Voyager I posted:

This is way outside my depth but I can't imagine many partisans have AFVs.

Those are clearly Russian IFVs shooting at something. The question is what/who, because it's not regular UKA.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

Those are clearly Russian IFVs shooting at something. The question is what/who, because it's not regular UKA.

It’s being claimed by the Russians to be a “counter terrorism operation” aka war crimes are afoot.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1571146460514914311?s=46&t=b0Za7dbbr6ZOWNCF9e9vbQ

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It’s being claimed by the Russians to be a “counter terrorism operation” aka war crimes are afoot.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1571146460514914311?s=46&t=b0Za7dbbr6ZOWNCF9e9vbQ

JFC :smith:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I know. I still can’t fathom how there is an entire place here mocking these victims and claiming their fakes. :smith:

That said GBS thread is absolutely stomping the poo poo out of them currently. :unsmith:

Looking at that picture and seeing kids pretty much the same age as mine…I just want Russian (Federation soldiers) blood and suffering and humiliation. The dismantling of the Russian Federation too.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I know. I still can’t fathom how there is an entire place here mocking these victims and claiming their fakes. :smith:

That said GBS thread is absolutely stomping the poo poo out of them currently. :unsmith:

The grand irony of the "Russia is good because in Russia you're allowed to quasi-legally persecute, maim, murder, and terrorize the groups of people I hate" group is that Russia also doesn't allow their people (outside of organized crime) to be meaningfully armed.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The grand irony of the "Russia is good because in Russia you're allowed to quasi-legally persecute, maim, murder, and terrorize the groups of people I hate" group is that Russia also doesn't allow their people (outside of organized crime) to be meaningfully armed.

Yeah I’ve just seen those weird pneumatic guns. I know Ian from FW did an interview with a Russian gun owner about laws and yeah getting to a shotgun is a process.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Looking at that picture and seeing kids pretty much the same age as mine…I just want Russian (Federation soldiers) blood and suffering and humiliation. The dismantling of the Russian Federation too.

The mods and admins are seriously loving weird about this stuff happening in the forums and I still can’t quite figure out why

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

psydude posted:

more WWII-era tanks mounted as stationary monument props

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yeah, it's pretty loving terrible.

Also stealing from that thread

CommieGIR posted:

As an ex mod: You do not want to be a mod.

YEP. I'll leave it at that.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

The mods and admins are seriously loving weird about this stuff happening in the forums and I still can’t quite figure out why

I think / am guessing it's a mix of so long as they post there its contained plus if they gently caress with it they're getting doxxed.

It's not great but if someone asked me to be an unpaid cspam cop I'd laugh in their face.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Posting in QCS means jack poo poo and won't lead to anything changing because only idiots look at QCS.

Kallikaa
Jun 13, 2001
At least Jeffery made the forums run better.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

honda whisperer posted:

I think / am guessing it's a mix of so long as they post there its contained plus if they gently caress with it they're getting doxxed.

It's not great but if someone asked me to be an unpaid cspam cop I'd laugh in their face.

Don't they also far outspend the rest of the forums (red text and re-regs)?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
4chan became much worse after all the hentai perverts left SA.

Imagine how bad the tankies could get if they're banned from here instead of contained.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

ChaseSP posted:

Posting in QCS means jack poo poo and won't lead to anything changing because only idiots look at QCS.

It's the place to find active goon dogpiles, which are always a treat

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s funny when they’re dogpiles on insanely bad poo poo happening in the forums and not so funny when it’s a bunch of posting buddies gaslighting people about how all the genocide denial was just jokes

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

I admire the Ukrainian military making it so easy for Russians to surrender. However, I really admire the average Ukrainian soldier for not going totally ape poo poo on captured Russians.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChaseSP posted:

Ah yes that’s how I got my ban for “carpet bombing” to use their terms. lol

Edit: ^Yeah their restraint is quite impressive.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s funny when they’re dogpiles on insanely bad poo poo happening in the forums and not so funny when it’s a bunch of posting buddies gaslighting people about how all the genocide denial was just jokes

Eventually the snowball gets away from you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I left SA right after QCS started so seeing the "ask us how the forums run" forum turned into the shitposter's cesspool generated a good bit of cognitive dissonance