Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

will the AIs love Stalin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The difference between how strongly you feel something to be true and what the data over the life of the universe bears out reveals to be true is the range in which you can determine whether or not your self aware golden calf can recieve the light of communism, and therefore a lesser light of God.

I feel like the potential difference is too big, like you can't pick how right stalin will end up being on that scale. In a world of Gods and entities beyond comprehension, literally anything might end up being true from the point of view of an idiot more or less raised in a secular humanist world sometimes inhabited by overly stubborn religious fascists, the absolute "right" answer, if it exists, can be anything, but I can say that in the world a capitalist would let an AI view, capitalism is always king.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fausty posted:

consciousness is stored in the birds

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Eww no

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

will the AIs love Stalin?

The first rule of robotics

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

father and child lose time

NUFORC posted:

I have two sons born 14mths apert, the event took place, in the Kitts Green area, Birmingham, England on a bright day. My husband took the eldest son to the local shop, should have been away about 20 minutes. He did not return until about four hours later we were getting worried over the two of them. Then he returned and we wanted to know where he had been, his reply was to the shop. He did not realise how long he had been away. Then my son started talking about where he had been, he described somemen and what I realised later was very much like the inside of a space ship.

He did say what the men had done but to be honest I cant remember that bit. This child was too young less than 3 years old at the time so he had no prior knowledge to draw from. It has been on my mind ever since and I am glad that I have told you now at least I have shared the experience. He was not harmed in any way but was always intelligent as a child. Shortly after their return we saw an object in the sky it was a cigar shape at first but then it turned and was a cicular shape as you imagine a ufo really it turned and was gone in a flash.

UFO with "bubbles" on its surface

NUFORC posted:

SMALL, INDIVIDUAL, RANDOMLY PULSATING "BUBBLES" OR "BURSTS" OF UNIFORM SIZE ON SURFACE. NUMBER OF BUBBLES APPROX. 30. OBJECT MAINTAINED STRAIGHT LINE PATH. VERY SLOW. SILENT. APPROXIMATE ANGLE FROM GROUND TO OBJECT - 55 DEGREES UPWARD. DIRECTION OF MOVEMENT NNE TO SSW. FIRST CAME INTO LINE OF SIGHT FROM BEHIND A LARGE, SYCAMORE TREE. WATCHED OBJECT FOR 3 SECONDS, ALERTED MY FRIEND WHO TURNED AND SAW OBJECT ALSO. I WATCHED OBJECT FOR 4 MORE SECONDS, THEN RAN INTO MY HOME TO GET MY FAMILY. BY THE TIME MY FAMILY CAME OUT (APPROX. 25 SECONDS LATER) THE OBJECT WAS GONE. MY FRIEND INDICATED THE OBJECT REMAINED IN THE SAME STRAIGHT LINE PATH AND PAST OVER A NEARBY HILL.

THE HILL WAS APPROXIMATELY 1/4 MILE AWAY, WITH A HEIGHT OF ABOUT 600 FEET. NO VISIBLE TRAIL WAS LEFT. THE OBJECTS SILOUETTE WAS A PERFECT CIRCLE. IT MADE ABSOLUTELY NO SOUND. IF YOU WERE TO HOLD A QUARTER DOLLAR APPROX. 12 INCHES FROM YOUR FACE, AND CLOSE ONE EYE, YOU WOULD GET AN APPROXIMATION OF THE SIZE OF THE OBJECT THAT I SAW IN THE SKY. AS I WATCHED IT, IT COVERED APPROX. 15-20 DEGREES OF MOVEMENT IN APPROX. 7 SECONDS. ESTIMATING ITS SIZE IS DIFFICULT. HOWEVER, MY ESTIMATE WOULD BE ANYWHERE FROM AS SMALL AS 20 FEET IN DIAMETER AT APPROX. 250 FEET ALTITUDE TO 250 FEET DIAMETER AT AN ALTITUDE OF APPROX. 1/3 TO 1/2 MILE ALTITUDE. THERE WERE NO OTHER WITNESSES THAT I KNOW OF.

giant UFO kills car engine and flashlight

NUFORC posted:

I had just had my car tuned-up that day and my mother and I were on our way to work at an ammunition plant, 2nd shift. When the car quit running I thought that maybe there way a wire loose and went into the glove box for my new flashlight. All of the lights on the car went out also except the idiot lights on the dash. I put the flashlight togather and it would not work. I took out my lighter and got out to check the engine. My mother was helping look for loose wire ect. and was right next to me. Being late at night and next/ between wood and a swampy area you hear a lot of frogs, owls,dos and other night dwellers calling. When the noise stopped my mom started looking around to see why. I was still under the hood trying to see what was wrong with the car. When mom asked me what that thing was I didn't really understand what she was talking about until she pointed out the craft.

As there was no moon its a little hard to tell the size but I think that it was about as big as a football field long and twenty to thirty feet high. It had lights around the edge. These lights flashed in an altrenating pattern of red, white, yellow and blue or green. There was no noise at all and it was moving very slowly following the power lines down the river. I guess that we watched this object for three to five minutes. In all this time there wasn't a sound from any animal in the area, but the minute that it went out of sight all the frog, owls ect. started back up. Mom and I got back in the car and were trying to figure out what to do whent I noticed that the headlamps were back on. I looked at Mom and said maybe the car would start. Sure enough it started just like a new car and we drove on to Lone Rock and the first bar. That was the only time I have ever had a drink before going to work. Mom and I only talke to each other about this for years. No one else. After she died in 1981 I did talk to a few other people but they seem to think that I was having fun at their expense.

extremely bright UFO

NUFORC posted:

I have never posted my experience with anybody, but the more I read of these things I suppose nobody would believe us anyways. There were four of us sleeping out at a duck pond waiting for dawn to arrive when approximately 2:00 am there was a strange light overhead. All of us witnessed this light in the sky that appeared approximatly 1 mile above us. As we watched the light it began to come closer and closer, within 2 minutes the small light began to descend above the pond. the closer it got the brighter it became. Within seconds, the light (craft) had desended to approximately 100 yards over the pond. THE ENTIRE AREA SURROUNDING THE POND APPROXIMATLY ONE HALF MILE WAS DAYLIGHT. The craft sat there for maybe 2 minutes then began to ascend. In a minutes notice, it was gone.

We all know what we saw, that was 34 years ago. This is a real life story that happened 34 years ago. The following day I called the New York State Police to see if there were any other reports from other witnesses, and they replied that they had a report that the NASA had issued a statement that a reflection from the moon had created this phenomom, and it had affectd WESTERN NEW YORK. The fact is we know what we seen 34years ago!!!!

UFO checks out car in BC

NUFORC posted:

My dad and mom and I were returning to Hudson's Hope from Fort St. John where we had been shopping. Dad was driving, mom was laying down snoozing in the back seat of the car. I was in the right front passenger seat. We were going up a hill and off to our left suddenly a large light came on and lit up the hill and the inside of our car. Dad pulled over and stopped the car and told mom to get up. The light went out. There was no sound, nothing then the light came back on again and off again and I guess took off. This thing was round and was roughly as big as our car. The light it emitted was rather like looking at a brilliant silver dollar, it did not hurt your eyes to look at it. We could make out no distinct features and it made no sound. The area we were in is the Peace River Valley and the bank at that location falls away steeply about 600-700'. The evening was dark, no light, no snow on the ground but there were a few large lazy flakes falling. My dad went to the RCMP and asked if they had "heard of a helicopter in trouble or anything" no they hadn't and dad never persued it. My dad and mom owned their own business at the time and were very reliable people and wished to remain that way so we never talked outside the family about it but privately we thought it was a UFO not from this world and that they were here checking the mega project that was underway at that time (the W.A.C. Bennett Dam Project) where before there had been nothing but a few farms in this remote area of British Columbia, Canada.

disk with surface like liquid mercury; reptilian?

NUFORC posted:

I first noticed blue lights. I ran downstairs, and then to the kitchen door. My mother was facing east, and across 510 central st. As we both stood there, a craft over 80 ft. from end to end was hovering 20 ft. off the ground. As I noticed the upper surface "flowing" across its surface like mercury being manipulated.

The lower surface was awash in intense blue light with tendrils of lighter blue trailing down to the ground. Slowly, the center of the upper section rose up until I could see wide horizontal windows. Inside slightly reptilian creature looked at me. The craft rose up to 80 ft. and slowly, but steadily moved over our house.

At 1108, my father pulled up in our yard, walked up to my mother. When he touched her, she jumped and screamed. One thing is odd. We could never remember what happened to 8 minutes in between.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SMALL, INDIVIDUAL, RANDOMLY PULSATING

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

This week we rushed our cat to a university two hours out of town to get emergency surgery. Stayed several nights in a bad hotel. But the gas station nearby had the best most impressive candy selection I have ever seen, and I have something to report back: disclosure is here.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rickshaw posted:

This week we rushed our cat to a university two hours out of town to get emergency surgery. Stayed several nights in a bad hotel. But the gas station nearby had the best most impressive candy selection I have ever seen, and I have something to report back: disclosure is here.

oh poo poo :stare:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rickshaw posted:

aitee

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

there, proof that we are being visited by highly advanced beings

I'd eat the absolute poo poo out of that

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Rickshaw posted:

all the best to the cat

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Why do the aliens keep letting us gently caress up and gently caress around?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Because finding out is the only sublime moment in this entire wretched fallen universe

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Riot Bimbo posted:

Because finding out is the only sublime moment in this entire wretched fallen universe

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://twitter.com/UAPTheory/status/1569673925755543552

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

So with all of the world leaders in London what could possibly go wrong

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Bilirubin posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

inshallah

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

during the cpl days before orkania proved to be a wet fart i was thinking how cool if the queen was actually the last surviving signatory of some treaty between the birds and earth. back when it was signed it was assumed that disclosure in some form would have happened by now, allowing for a new treaty to be signed but whoops shes the only one that knew about it and she forgot like in the 50s lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Just learned about the Turkish UFOs today from this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/xgerqk/has_this_picture_been_debunked_what_do_we_know/

First comment links to two videos, the raw and the second is stabilized footage. Weird looking poo poo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Sleekly posted:

inshallah

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Man programmed to chill's esoteric episodes are loving solid

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Although their episode on sabbateanism has a bunch of errors in the historicity, as well as some of the metaphysics that were annoying the poo poo out of me, the throughline is good

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

SAS will enter Westminster Abbey and murder all the heads of state in attendance so they can be buried with the queens coffin and ensure her suzerainty continues in the afterlife

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Spergin Morlock posted:

SAS will enter Westminster Abbey and murder all the heads of state in attendance so they can be buried with the queens coffin and ensure her suzerainty continues in the afterlife

meanwhile the actual world leaders over in the square mile wonder what all the commotion was about

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the gil scott heron b side They don't want you to know about

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rickshaw posted:

I hope the aitee birds grant your cats many blessings.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Since aliens might be Jinn, it's best we brush up on their culture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYMQVceD370

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Wishmaster is amazing

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
New CGI recreation dropped!

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/xg1nhy/cg_reconstruction_teardrop_ufo_very_close/

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
@Rickshaw what do you make of these papers? Robert Lanza is the dude behind Biocentrism Theory, has similar views to people like Hofmann and Katsrup re: consciousness being in some sense fundamental. He's a biologist IIRC but he's been palling around with physicists

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/andp.201600011

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1475-7516/2021/05/048/pdf

He provides layman's explanations for dummies like me for these two papers in The Grand Biocentric Design:

quote:

In his papers on relativity (which were also published in this journal), Einstein showed that time was relative to the observer. This new paper takes this one step further, arguing that the observer creates it. The paper shows that the intrinsic properties of quantum gravity and matter alone cannot explain the tremendous effectiveness of the emergence of time and the lack of quantum entanglement in our everyday world. Instead, it’s necessary to include the properties of the observer, and in particular, the way we process and remember information.

quote:

he incompatibility between general relativity and quantum mechanics has puzzled generations of scientists starting with Albert Einstein. This paper explains how observers are the key to reconciling these two pillars of modern physics, as well as how they dramatically restructure space itself. It represents a rare case in theoretical physics when the presence of observers drastically changes the behavior of observable quantities themselves not only at microscopic scales but also at very large spatio-temporal scales. And importantly, the paper also provides a possible explanation why the observed dimensionality of spacetime which we live in is four (D = 3 + 1).

Quantum mechanics works exquisitely well in describing nature at the scale of molecules and subatomic particles, while general relativity is peerless in revealing cosmic behavior on the huge scales between the stars. These two theories find numerous practical applications in our everyday life—such as GPS in the case of relativity, and transistors and microprocessors in the case of quantum mechanics. Yet, after almost a century, we lack an understanding how the two are compatible. At the core of this incompatibility is the issue of “non-renormalizability” of quantum gravity (the field that tries to combine the two). As it turns out, the problem of the incompatibility between quantum mechanics and general relativity can be resolved by taking into account something that modern physics has largely ignored till now: the properties of the observers who probe reality.

In physics, it’s usually assumed that we’re always able to measure the physical state of an object without perturbing it in any way. But in the realm of quantum gravity, this isn’t possible. When observers measure the state of space-time foam, the outcomes of their measurements significantly changes when they exchange information—the presence of observers themselves significantly perturbs it. Using simplified language, it matters enormously to the laws of reality that we’re here studying and probing it and sharing the results with each other.

This paper has a number of fascinating consequences. First of all, the presence of observers not merely influences but defines physical reality itself. If the reality described by the combination of Einstein’s theory of general relativity exists and makes nature operate smoothly, then it also must contain observers in one form or another. Without a network of observers measuring the properties of space-time, the combination of general relativity and quantum mechanics stops working altogether. So it’s actually inherent to the structure of reality that observers living in a quantum gravitational universe share information about the results of their measurements and create a cognitive model of it. For, once you measure something, the wave of probability to measure the same value of the already probed physical quantity becomes “localized” or simply “collapses.”

This means that if you keep measuring the same quantity over and over again, keeping in mind the result of the very first measurement, you’ll see a similar outcome. Similarly, if you learn from somebody about the outcomes of their measurements of a physical quantity, your measurements and those of other observers influence each other—freezing the reality according to that consensus. In this sense, consensus of different opinions regarding the structure of reality defines its very form, shaping the underlying quantum foam.

You might wonder what would happen if there was only one observer in the Universe. The answer depends on whether the observer is conscious, whether he or she has memory about the results of probing the structure of objective reality, whether she builds a cognitive model of this reality. In other words, a single conscious observer can completely define this structure, leading to a collapse of the waves of probability, largely localized in the vicinity of the cognitive model which the observer builds in her mind throughout her life span. As experimental results confirm this, we will be reshaping reality in a way that is long overdue—seeing how intimately we are connected with the structure of the universe on every level.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Time to coopt the eye of God so I may turn my gaze against reality and begin altering a few things.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

BEEN saying this

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Three tracking craft had been dispatched by the three fleets to replace Earth International’s Blue Shadow. They had captured an image at a distance of five hundred kilometers from the target, the closest that any human spacecraft had come to the probe. The probe was about as large as expected, 3.5 meters long, and when Ding Yi saw it, he had the same impression as everyone else: a droplet of mercury. The probe was a perfect teardrop shape, round at the head and pointy at the tail, with a surface so smooth it was a total reflector. The Milky Way was reflected on its surface as a smooth pattern of light that gave the mercury droplet a pure beauty. Its droplet shape was so natural that observers imagined it in a liquid state, one for which an internal structure was impossible.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

if i met an alien would it say "take me to your dealer"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

if i met an alien would it say "take me to your dealer"?

I'm immediately giving it drugs, so I'd be honored if it did