Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Go wide Orzhov? I like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Toshimo posted:

Also the Odyssey ones.

this is what i meant yeah

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Kinda spicy in Isshin tokens. Might actually have to spend money on one of the 40k decks now, depending upon what else is in there.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Toph Bei Fong posted:

:commissar:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Kinda wish the BLAM gave a bonus to other creatures in play instead for flavor reasons but maybe that would be too strong.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Kinda wish the BLAM gave a bonus to other creatures in play instead for flavor reasons but maybe that would be too strong.

Yeah, something like "2, Sacrifice another creature: all creatures you control gain +2/+2 until the end of turn. At the beginning of the next end step, if you activated this ability more than once this turn, sacrifice [card name]," would be more in flavor, but is kinda wordy on an already text-heavy card.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'm kinda hoping that they do some WHFB decks now, only because I want an Empire themed one where one of the legendaries has "Look out, sir! - Sacrifice another creature: [cardname] gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn. Activate only once each turn, and only if [cardname] is targeted by a spell or ability, would die or be put into exile."

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Imagine how fun a Skaven deck would be.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Now I'm imagining Warpstone tokens and a Doomwheel vehicle card, and I want it to happen so bad

Edit: OG Kamigawa Nezumi are basically Clan Eshin Skaven anyway, so it wouldn't even be a huge culture shock to the game like the other UB cards are

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 16, 2022

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Patiently awaiting the Lego Bionicle set.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Silhouette posted:

I'm kinda hoping that they do some WHFB decks now, only because I want an Empire themed one where one of the legendaries has "Look out, sir! - Sacrifice another creature: [cardname] gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn. Activate only once each turn, and only if [cardname] is targeted by a spell or ability, would die or be put into exile."

There's going to be 3 secret lairs in October to go along with it;

Orks
Age of Sigmar
Blood Bowl.

I'm curious what the Ork one entails considering there isn't really enough in the game to support an Ork tribal deck and you could probably reprint all of them without equalling the $30 cost of a non foil lair.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
maybe they made the orcs' creature type Fungus

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Toph Bei Fong posted:

FYI this is exactly the sort of force-multiplier commander that actually makes low to the ground Aggro strats viable, I would pay attention to this as a B/W humans deck for higher end tables.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

FYI this is exactly the sort of force-multiplier commander that actually makes low to the ground Aggro strats viable, I would pay attention to this as a B/W humans deck for higher end tables.

I'd love to see a Spikey list that isn't quite cEDH so I could bring it to high power tables. I always love me tribal decks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Patiently awaiting the Lego Bionicle set.

Bring a painted bionicle army to 40k game night as proxies for a Necron Army.

It probably wouldn't even be cheaper.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Eh. It triggers when it attacks, but it's a 2/2 with no evasion?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Gynovore posted:

What do you think lead from the front means?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://mythicspoiler.com/40k/cards/ghyrsonstarnkelermorph.html

I just wanna put this dude in a deck full of Tims.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grapeshot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gynovore posted:

There's another card in that deck that will give it Deathtouch on attack, a few anthem effects, and some recursion but yeah it's a bit fragile otherwise.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Heath posted:

Grapeshot.

Y'all are thinking too small

Young Pyromancer, Murmuring Mystic, Poppet Stitcher, Whispering Wizard, any token generating instant/sorceries, Impact Tremors, Cavalcade of Calamity and Raid Bombardment

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Silhouette posted:

Young Pyromancer, Murmuring Mystic, Poppet Stitcher, Whispering Wizard, any token generating instant/sorceries, Impact Tremors, Cavalcade of Calamity and Raid Bombardment

Just give him pro red and pyrohemia.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Goblin Bombardment too.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

pseudanonymous posted:

Just give him pro red and pyrohemia.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Goblin Bombardment too.

:hmmyes:

Edit: torbran, stuffy doll, brash taunter, damage multipliers and damage based board wipes, plus plenty of counter/protection spells for the commander

But also birgi, ruby medallion, grinning ignus and storm kiln artist for the infinite grapeshot storm combo

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 17, 2022

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Ghyrson deals the damage himself, so giving him lifelink is ++ good

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Balon posted:

Ghyrson deals the damage himself, so giving him lifelink INFECT is ++ good

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Each deck has at least one really cool commander in it but I'm leaning toward the pinger dude too because lmao

Behold the OmegaTim

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

you're a monster

but also correct, throw grafted exoskeleton on that mf

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Also put every Curiosity variant on him

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

Also put every Curiosity variant on him

I think only two work from non-combat damage.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Jfc this set looks gorgeous. So amped for the Chaos deck. Absolutely gonna make a dumb aggro Kharne the Betrayer deck, call it GROUP THUG.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Yeah, it's a shame because i was ready to windmill slam the new one (Combat Training?) from DMU into Niv, Parun but it doesn't go infinite like og Curiosity :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Batterypowered7 posted:

ah yeah you're right it's only Curiosity and Ophidian Eye. Other colors have a few more but obviously that doesn't work with him as a commander.

They're both still extremely good though.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

ah yeah you're right it's only Curiosity and Ophidian Eye. Other colors have a few more but obviously that doesn't work with him as a commander.

+ Tandem lookout.

There are 2 more in green.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

there's other fun stuff too like Sigil of Sleep

here's my Tim deck, though note that i haven't touched it in awhile

gonna try and squeeze the Omega Tim in there for sure lol

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

MonsieurChoc posted:

Imagine how fun a Skaven deck would be.

It's just the giant rat who makes all of the rules for Rat Colony I have wanted since DOM.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

This was a fun cEDH game to watch: WHO'S THE BEST BACKGROUND COMMANDER IN cEDH? PLAY TO WIN vs MIND MUSCLE MAGIC vs PLAYING WITH POWER

E: I believe Unfinity spoilers start tomorrow, which means we get to see what stupid rear end cards Wizards is going to add to Legacy, Vintage, and EDH that will warp the format in one way or another.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 20, 2022

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://mythicspoiler.com/unf/cards/spacebeleren.html

Lmao, who is ready for this poo poo at their Commander table?

E:

50/244 spoiled

https://mythicspoiler.com/unf/index.html

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It's hardly competitive, so I'm not worried about Space Beleren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Space Jace is actually pretty good in Atraxa Superfriends as a stax piece, but it's not like that deck doesn't have a ton of playable cards anyway.