Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Rexxed posted:

Well that was lucky, time to save primogems for future banners where I'll get more Qiqi and Keqing constellations.

I actually didn't know 4-stars had a soft pity at 9 until I saw this post, cross-referenced it with my own history of getting 4-stars at 9 more often than 10, and looked into it further. For some reason I thought they were hard pity only. Worth mentioning explicitly in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

FractalSandwich posted:

I actually didn't know 4-stars had a soft pity at 9 until I saw this post, cross-referenced it with my own history of getting 4-stars at 9 more often than 10, and looked into it further. For some reason I thought they were hard pity only. Worth mentioning explicitly in the OP?

It's in the OP, but there's a lot of words. I think it's a good psychological trick because every 10 pull gets you one 4* at minimum and the Starglitter to go with it which is often spent on some more intertwined fates.

quote:

These bad luck protection systems are also in place for 4*s with a hard pity at 10 rolls for all banners. However, there is no way to guarantee a specific on banner 4*.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I mean, I've read the whole OP. The gacha section in particular was a huge help when I was getting started. But I still thought 4-stars had only hard pity until just now. I guess that line does imply that soft pity also applies to them, if you're looking for it, but I think the absence of a specific number threw me off.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I will add the 4* soft pity later tonight! I didn't include it specifically since the OP is mega long anyway :negative:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It didn't strike me as overly long. As far as a complete beginner's guide goes, I think it's about as concise as you're going to get. I'll take it over a half-hour-long Youtube video any day of the week.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

FractalSandwich posted:

It didn't strike me as overly long. As far as a complete beginner's guide goes, I think it's about as concise as you're going to get. I'll take it over a half-hour-long Youtube video any day of the week.

Yeah but that's because long form guides and text based stuff is far superior to video content. I blame facebook advertising fraud for its proliferation. :smith:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

silvergoose posted:

Yeah but that's because long form guides and text based stuff is far superior to video content. I blame facebook advertising fraud for its proliferation. :smith:

oh my god, yes

I installed a filter on chrome to block websites because so many of my results are just dumb videos.

Even when they're relevant, I don't need to hear your dumb intro song, unwitty comments, the reason why you play the game, info that anyone who would watch the video already knows, and like and subscribe bullshit.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Thinking about how absolutely nobody cared about Mika... We truly do live in a society.

(I also didn't really care about him).

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

There's a market for small timid boys who are secretly stupid strong.

Unfortunately Genshin is like the worst place to find that market.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he looks like kagamine len

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

speaking of written guides... is that keqingmains website still good for those? or did something better come up?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

MoonCrab posted:

Thinking about how absolutely nobody cared about Mika... We truly do live in a society.

Is that the messenger kid in the trailer? Why would anyone care about a random messenger (who's apparently important enough to get their own model), that's as dumb as caring about some random cannon fodder guy.

frajaq posted:

speaking of written guides... is that keqingmains website still good for those? or did something better come up?

I haven't found anything better, but depending on who you want a guide for, you're probably better off just going off the spreadsheet or fishing for their reddit and trawling through that. People tend to not update those guides unless there's a rerun, or the character's popular and there was a new thing that works great on them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MoonCrab posted:

If you didnt live in the leak reddit for months, you wouldnt even know he was a character. He literally didnt have a model until that presentation.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

frajaq posted:

Keqingmains is still good yeah
With the caveat that the guide for most characters is written from the perspective of "what do you do if you really like this character in particular and want to focus on them", so there (usually) aren't too many details if you just want to use a character as a minimum-investment support in a team built around someone else. For example the KQM yanfei guide is mostly about how to build yanfei as a DPS and how to build a team around enabling her, and doesn't talk about stuff like using C4 yanfei as a shield-bot in Hu Tao teams.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

MoonCrab posted:

probably because we literally don't know anything about him yet besides the fact he exists and he's going to be a 4*

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm kinda sad that the spreadsheet seems to have bit the dirt. It was a great resource for a long time, but it looks like bickering over builds have made the updaters sick of it, if their discord is to be believed.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mix. posted:

probably because we literally don't know anything about him yet besides the fact he exists and he's going to be a 4*

they showed his face in the 3.1 stream:

and yeah he looks insanely similar to the vocaloid kagamine len

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hes a cryo 4* seemingly and its pretty drat hard for a cryo unit to be bad, even chongyun is alright, so theres that

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm not a fan of the 'Little Nephew Pants' style. Does the messenger wear mini pant legs attached to his knees too?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Kokomi trip report: She is annoying and looks dumb. Prototype amber is very good at healing and wait why am I using this on Kokomi when the catalyst already does all the healing? Anyways proto amber Heizou is an excellent healer with on-demand VV shred. A+ would recommend proto Heizou

Unyielding IV Domain clear time
Barbara + Fischl 1:08
Xingqiu + Fischl 0:55
Kokomi + Fischl 0:52
Heizou + Fischl 0:48 :dance:
Yelan + Fischl 0:48
Ayato + Fischl 0:38

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they showed his face in the 3.1 stream:

:v: Yeah I meant like. Lore, personality, relationships w/ other Mondstadt characters, etc.

Or mechanical stuff past his possible element. Not even a weapon type yet (hoping he's a catalyst like heizou, personally)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Kokomi trip report: She is annoying and looks dumb.

I pulled her because she's good and fits my teams, but would not have if she was a character who had to spend a lot of time on field, forcing me to look at and hear her.

I was kinda rooting for Sara in the war because she's way cooler.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What kind of ears does Sucrose have

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What kind of ears does Sucrose have
some kind of canine it seems like?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
They're cat ears. She talks about it in her profile. She's of a different blood than Diona and family.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ninjoatse.cx posted:

oh my god, yes

I installed a filter on chrome to block websites because so many of my results are just dumb videos.

Even when they're relevant, I don't need to hear your dumb intro song, unwitty comments, the reason why you play the game, info that anyone who would watch the video already knows, and like and subscribe bullshit.

To be fair this problem doesn't go away with text articles.

If you've ever tried to cook anything from a recipe you'll know you usually have to scroll past several paragraphs of wank about how granny used to make this, complete with boring irrelevant stories before you actually get to the loving recipe you came for.

To say nothing of irritating SEO lead paragraphs.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

They're cat ears. She talks about it in her profile. She's of a different blood than Diona and family.

I think the implication of "different bloodline" is "different animal" since with the references here and there to stuff like Sucrose having a fascination with bones the implication is she's an anime dog-girl.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Endorph posted:

hes a cryo 4* seemingly and its pretty drat hard for a cryo unit to be bad, even chongyun is alright, so theres that

I detect Chongyun shade. You know the drill

https://i.imgur.com/MAcH5wF.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/g5U6xBC.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/V9UAH34.mp4

This isn't even my final form :chillout:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Give Aloy more constellations pls

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm kinda sad that the spreadsheet seems to have bit the dirt. It was a great resource for a long time, but it looks like bickering over builds have made the updaters sick of it, if their discord is to be believed.

Ah drat it is that why it's been updating so slowly?

*rolls up sleeves* Guess it's time to start a goon spreadsheet

Xun fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 18, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xun posted:

One of the reasons its frozen/held up is they used spreadsheets to record totals calculated from videos, which is just as tedious as it sounds, and getting to the top of the spreadsheet got your name attached. This lead to lots of builds that were really hard to use and almost memes. Think of nerds giving advice on graphics cards based on user submitted 3d marks scores instead of can it play a popular game on different settings.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the spiralabyss statistic site hasnt updated since 2.7, and gcsim is still talking about a db update that hasnt happened since heizou came out. half this game's resources are dead

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Time for the only real resource: Shoving a bunch of characters you like in one team and figuring out how they synergize.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

the spiralabyss statistic site hasnt updated since 2.7, and gcsim is still talking about a db update that hasnt happened since heizou came out. half this game's resources are dead

specifically the spiralabyss site hasn't updated since mihoyo broke the way they were collecting character data from peoples' profiles
similarly https://genshin-wishes.com/ stopped tracking wish statistics after v2.6 because MHY broke the way they were importing users' wishes as well

gcsim is the only one of these resources that died "naturally"

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 18, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Xun posted:

What the internet really needs is a spreadsheet full of idiotic attack builds, no matter how unsuitable.

Finally, Barbara's time to shine.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Skill and burst at 6, wtf

Widsith implies you switch to other characters :colbert:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Skill and burst at 6, wtf

Widsith implies you switch to other characters :colbert:

Gotta refresh that shogun skill sometimes. Also yanfei stole her lost prayersalso i hate the mondstadt talent domain so much i've left them at soft 9 until i can summon up the will to level up talents for a whole bunch of people

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
GCsim aint dead. It's right here:

https://db.gcsim.app/

Now, the leaderboard is absolutely dead at the moment, and it's currently got absolutely no team vetting (because they're just trying to stuff it full of any old junk to see if anything breaks), and it lost about 75% of its teams, and it doesn't have dendro because dendro is in the next-next version here:

https://dendro.gcsim.app/

But the dendro version doesn't have a database at all, so all you can do is use it to run sims. But... it doesn't have dendro cores yet, so you can't run bloom/hyperbloom/burgeon sims yet. It does work though:

https://dendro.gcsim.app/v3/viewer/share/7cf06842-6667-4b37-aad8-c7405236c2b6
Tighnari time.

So yeah, 3.0 hit the project like a truck. But there's progress being made. Slowly.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Got the urge to play this for a bit again. I have enough Primo for a 10 roll, so which character banner should I go for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Unlucky7 posted:

Got the urge to play this for a bit again. I have enough Primo for a 10 roll, so which character banner should I go for?

ganyu is a cryo dps based around a charge shot gameplay style, so definitely test her out to determine if you even like that kind of style. kokomi is predominantly a healer and hydro applicator who can on specific team comps w/ investment be the driver/on-field dps, so she's more of a support for units you already have.

the next patch is coming soon and the starting banner units will be cyno, a new unit who's an electro polearm and is basically an upgraded/more intricate version of razor, or venti, who isn't as busted of an anemo swirl/suck unit as he used to be but is definitely still playable, so you could also save for those if either sound appealing to you.