Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Candace's gimmick is that she gives hydro infusion like Chongyun gives cryo or c6 bennet gives pyro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Hellioning posted:

Time for the only real resource: Shoving a bunch of characters you like in one team and figuring out how they synergize.

:hmmyes:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is that good? Who wants hydro infusion?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i imagine it'll be a thing that needs proper testing to determine who it's great with, i was reading leaker impressions and they said she didn't have an immediately obvious home but that was moreso just because we haven't gotten actual hydro infusion yet (afaik) and even if she doesn't all it'll take is a future unit, so she's prob worth the pickup if you were already pulling for cyno/venti. ...that said i know a lot of people are skipping/waiting til part 2 because they don't want cyno, so :v:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mix. posted:

ganyu is a cryo dps based around a charge shot gameplay style, so definitely test her out to determine if you even like that kind of style. kokomi is predominantly a healer and hydro applicator who can on specific team comps w/ investment be the driver/on-field dps, so she's more of a support for units you already have.

the next patch is coming soon and the starting banner units will be cyno, a new unit who's an electro polearm and is basically an upgraded/more intricate version of razor, or venti, who isn't as busted of an anemo swirl/suck unit as he used to be but is definitely still playable, so you could also save for those if either sound appealing to you.

I did get Tartaglia as my first 5 star last time I played, and I also have Fischl, who shreds, so I think I will go for Ganyu. Does this seem sound?

Of course I probably not get her but whatever :v:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 18, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Unlucky7 posted:

I did get Tartaglia as my first 5 star last time I played, and I also have Fischl, who shreds, so I think I will go for Ganyu. Does this seem sound?

Of course I probably not get her but whatever :v:

Do you have a healer you like? If you had to pull on these 2 banners I'd suggest Kokomi, if you don't have a healer. Though I also say that as someone who really hates charge bow, especially the Ganyu gimmick of 3 charges.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when people say venti 'isnt as good as he used to be' what they mean is that now he invalidates 99.9% of the game instead of 100% of it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm coming up on a 50/50 and a buddy is really mad I'm not using it on Ganyu and instead want to blow it on Albedo or Raiden

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ganyu is objectively busted but also incredibly boring to play

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I liked it when you could just walk in circles to dodge everything while shooting, FPS style, but nowadays enemies pounce on you faster than you can move while aiming, so you need to like use Freeze comps or something and it's just boring.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Solve all your 'things are hitting me' problems by using Zhongli.

Stare opponents in the face as they attack you and charge up a counter attack into their skulls. It's fun!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think the only thing that I have that is closest to a healer is Noelle, but I could be sleeping on a character. This is my roster:

Again, I am an infrequent player; still on the prologue chapter of the archon quests.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You're guaranteed to get a Barbara eventually, so you'll have an actual healer.

If you get Kokomi, all you need is the guaranteed Xiangling to get one of the dumbest and best gimmicky teams in the game! (Note, 'best' is entirely based around me liking pokemon and not at all based on how they actually function. Sukokomon is hard and probably not worth it unless you like throwing jellyfish/chili eating pandas/butler ravens and SCIENCE at things.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Noelle is an actual healer, she just requires staying on the field which can be annoying.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Noelle hurts things to heal you, which is nice (even though that's basically how every healer works, unless they only heal via burst). What's not nice is that it takes a constellation or something to make that heal guaranteed, and even then that requires burst and skill up I think? been a while since I read the thing

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kokomi's no-fuss healing is what makes her the best one in the game

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

People were hating on her outfit but I think making her look like a fish is hilarious and sometimes I just see the fish fins and laugh

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Zenostein posted:

Noelle hurts things to heal you, which is nice (even though that's basically how every healer works, unless they only heal via burst). What's not nice is that it takes a constellation or something to make that heal guaranteed, and even then that requires burst and skill up I think? been a while since I read the thing

Yes, you need C1 Noelle to guarantee Breastplate's heal and that requires Sweeping Time to be up.

And technically neither Shinobu nor Barbara need to hurt things to heal you.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Hellioning posted:

Yes, you need C1 Noelle to guarantee Breastplate's heal and that requires Sweeping Time to be up.

Neither does qiqi, but her and barbara do it betterif they do. Donno about shinobu, still don't have her :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Unlucky7 posted:

I think the only thing that I have that is closest to a healer is Noelle, but I could be sleeping on a character. This is my roster:

Again, I am an infrequent player; still on the prologue chapter of the archon quests.

You'll get Barbara if you keep playing the prologue. The quest that gives her is called "A Long Shot"

With that roster, I'd say just field who you like. Fischl and Tartaglia go well together, you can just roll with those until you get some more 4 stars to work with, You'll also get a free Xiangling by clearing several floors in the abyss. It may be a bit too much for you at your level, but there's no penalty for trying.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 18, 2022

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Got the urge to play this for a bit again. I have enough Primo for a 10 roll, so which character banner should I go for?

They're both great. Do you want a phenomenal healer that applies AoE hydro and can even do a bit of dps, or do you want a charged shot archer with big numbers that can utterly obliterate most content in this game on her own from half a mile away, while also being a solid support for other cryo characters?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You'll get Barbara if you keep playing the prologue. The quest that gives her is called "A Long Shot"

With that roster, I'd say just field who you like. Fischl and Tartaglia go well together, you can just roll with those until you get some more 4 stars to work with, You'll also get a free Xiangling by clearing several floors in the abyss. It may be a bit too much for you at your level, but there's no penalty for trying.

Her floor is I wanna say level 40 or 50, so a little bit off, but yeah she's a freebie you'll get soon enough!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Oh another thing to add to your calculus: You'll probably be unable to take Kokomi over 20 until you get to Inazuma and advance it's plot. So a great healer you'll have to wait on using.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Coolness Averted posted:

Oh another thing to add to your calculus: You'll probably be unable to take Kokomi over 20 until you get to Inazuma and advance it's plot. So a great healer you'll have to wait on using.

40 if you do their trial, but yeah.

I also remember levels not meaning much when i first got xiangling. He’s really hurtin’ for pyros.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

She can still have a huge impact underleveled and undergeared. R5 Thrilling Tales is trivial to acquire, and Tenacity of the Millelith gives her a huge amount of value up front. Their team utility is constant, no matter how weak or strong Kokomi herself is.

And even at level 40/40, she can hit around 1k heal ticks.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Hellioning posted:

Before I got C1 Bennett and Zhongli, Barbara was my replacement for food spam, and I legitimately didn't learn she increases her heals with attacks until last week. I just swap in, hit the Skill (and Burst if I was panicking), and swap right back out.

She still gets use when grinding the big stupid fire flower, tho!!!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

gandlethorpe posted:

She can still have a huge impact underleveled and undergeared. R5 Thrilling Tales is trivial to acquire, and Tenacity of the Millelith gives her a huge amount of value up front. Their team utility is constant, no matter how weak or strong Kokomi herself is.

And even at level 40/40, she can hit around 1k heal ticks.

Eh, remember this is someone still pretty low in Adventurer Rank, so farming 4 star sets is also probably not gonna be the main use of their time and resin, but you're absolutely right that a good support can be useful even when underleveled.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Endorph posted:

when people say venti 'isnt as good as he used to be' what they mean is that now he invalidates 99.9% of the game instead of 100% of it

Venti was also available at the very start of the game when people didn't have huge rosters of trained and well-equipped characters, so it makes sense that his presence made much more of a difference back then than it does now. He trivialized content that was actually challenging for people, which basically doesn't exist anymore for people who've been playing for a while (maybe with the exception of Abyss, but I never go there so).

I guess maybe with the exception of mobile players. I hardly ever play on mobile, but when I do it's like turning the game on ultra-hard mode.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Sep 18, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

venti works on eight out of ten abyss floors, so he still trivializes a lot of that content too

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

yeah like to be clear i wasnt downplaying him or anything but he's not the best anemo unit in the game anymore so thats why i said he's not as good :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hes not the best anemo unit in the game anymore but hes probably the 6th or 7th best character in the game

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What kind of ears does Sucrose have

I like the theory that she's a fox spirit like Yae Miko. "Fox in the Dandelion Sea" tells us that the foxes of Mondstadt learned to speak the human language and transform into humans to stop from getting hunted. And what kind of human would name their kid Sucrose? Come on.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Heres a roundup of the breadcrumbs from the more reliable leakers about Nahida's kit

She's a support at C0, quell surprise so is every other Archon so far.
Her E follows the user.
Her Q infuses like the DMC
Her burst has high energy cost
She has "seamless" dendro application (100% uptime?)

Still about a bit for the beta proper to come out and we 100% know

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AG3 posted:

(maybe with the exception of Abyss, but I never go there so).

That's the whole "is X good?" discussion. Abyss (and abyss-like events they used to run) is where you go to push damage.

Venti was king of the hill at a time when the entire abyss was subject to his vacuum. Modern abyss 12 usually features 1-2 fights where he's still good, but it's stacked pretty heavily with enemies immune or highly resistant to his vacuum (or spawning in frequent, small waves) and that invalidates his whole schtick. Changing the endgame around one character is a good indicator of where he was at.

Kazuha provides more damage and isn't totally reliant on vacuum, so yeah he's replaced Venti as the premiere VV provider.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Venti's targeting is annoying and his succ is even more annoying for melee

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbjBu85AUSA

Mihoyo just continuing to crank out these animation videos for their games. Spoilers for Honkai Elysian Realm here. The thumbnail gradient on the front page for their youtube channel is aggressively pink at the moment. I'm still wondering if this character is eventually going to get some sort of expy in Genshin down the line now cause she seems insanely popular. At the same time though we've seen what happens when the fans in China feel they aren't "doing it right" with the characters like with the bunny girl music video thing so it probably couldn't just be a token expy.

e: BTW does anyone know if the music track from the Mondstadt portion of 3.1 is in the game currently or is it brand new for that event because I really liked that arrangement.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 18, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I will be sad if the build spreadsheet ends up abandoned because it's a great "what do I prioritize for this character?" guide that doesn't come in the form of a dozen different videos on Youtube.

On the other hand the vast majority of the game doesn't require anything resembling optimization and sometimes I wonder if I would be happier without knowing about things I will never have (for example, crit stats on my DPS characters that can be described with an adjective other than "embarrassing") so who can say if it's good or bad

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Harrow posted:

I will be sad if the build spreadsheet ends up abandoned because it's a great "what do I prioritize for this character?" guide that doesn't come in the form of a dozen different videos on Youtube.

Same, the build spreadsheet is great for stuff like "what artifact set to use?" and saves me from having to understand all the various stats and what set does what.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Venti was never the best anemo unit it was always Sucrose, it's still Sucrose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

x1o posted:

Same, the build spreadsheet is great for stuff like "what artifact set to use?" and saves me from having to understand all the various stats and what set does what.

It's best use was deciding between 2-4 weapons/artifact sets instead of just being kinda overwhelmed.