Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Murdstone posted:

No chimney is safe!

He's got a big metal exoskeleton, but it's the electricity that hurts poor Spidey's hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I like that the art in no way offers any kind of visual indication of Spidey being electrocuted, more that he hurt his hand punching metal, but Stan Lee's Ghost's Ghostwriter was determined it was electrocution goddammit! :colbert:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I suppose Purps is just holding out a hand in front of Luke, demonstratively, but man does it look like he's honking Luke's boob.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Police hard at work.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean I know it's New York cops and all but this is kind of on the nose. Did these cops just transfer from Uvalde or what

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

maltesh posted:

Isn't "Web the eyes" Spidey's go-to move for opponents who are apparently stronger than he is?
That requires him to *remember* that that's his go-to move. That's putting a lot of pressure on poor Peter.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Nobody could possibly care about Spider-Man...unless they were related to him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Nobody could possibly care about Spider-Man...unless they were related to him.

it's the nypd. they can't imagine not enjoying watching someone die.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You know, he could probably have made a lot of money developing super exoskeletons instead of burning down his boss' stores.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Good thing he turned off the electricity

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"This'll disable the exoskeleton"

*tears exoskeleton apart*

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Murdstone posted:

You know, he could probably have made a lot of money developing super exoskeletons instead of burning down his boss' stores.

I have to wonder Charles, along with the mystery of your power to teleport, why did you get Spider-Man involved

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Murdstone posted:

"But I don't want to develop exoskeletons, I want to burn down my boss's store!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

MonsterEnvy posted:

I have to wonder Charles, along with the mystery of your power to teleport, why did you get Spider-Man involved

I'm expecting a dumb explanation next. "I was hoping, by getting him involved, people would suspect Spider-man of my crimes, despite creating the alter ego of the Demolisher specifically to commit anonymous crimes"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he wanted to murder spiderman, is all. if nsm simply wandered off and forgot about the whole situation he'd never get a chance to burn, explode, or crush the life out of him.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
wrong thread. sorry

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 15, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sockser posted:

Good thing he turned off the electricity

Given Spidey's initial reaction to the "electricity" was present ONLY in the text, I can only sadly assume that the colorist wars have extended even further into the writer and the artist(s) now being at war with each other too :smith:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I mean...if one of the neighbors saw Spider-Man entering/exiting your apartment window you'd have to start looking for a new secret identity, but that doesn't stop him from doing that all the time.

MonsterEnvy posted:

So here's what I think, and I realize I am putting way, way more thought into it than the actual writer. Because the real reason Charles did that is "To make the reader suspect Ryland's brother."

By claiming Spidey should suspect Ryland's brother, he hoped Spidey would tail the brother, which would leave him free to blow up another store. If Spidey was with the brother and got news of the store exploding, he would go "Wow I guess it really was Ryland himself after all," because he'd have no reason to suspect the chauffeur.

Of course the chauffeur didn't know Spidey's wife was working at the store, which made him want to stay at the store, rather than follow Ryland's brother around (mostly anyway Spidey did give chase after he saw them through the window, but he was only at the window because he was keeping watch on MJ). When the chauffeur saw Spidey around after Ryland was...injured? Knocked out? I don't remember. Anyway, he then pretended he was taking Ryland away from the store to the hospital or whatever. And since Ryland's brother wasn't around, this too would fit the chauffeur's plan though in a different way. "I saw him take Ryland away, so Ryland's brother must be the Demolisher."

So yeah it almost sort of makes sense, but again, the writers were definitely not thinking beyond "trick the reader."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twelve by Pies posted:

Of course the chauffeur didn't know Spidey's wife was working at the store, which made him want to stay at the store, rather than follow Ryland's brother around (mostly anyway Spidey did give chase after he saw them through the window, but he was only at the window because he was keeping watch on MJ). When the chauffeur saw Spidey around after Ryland was...injured? Knocked out? I don't remember. Anyway, he then pretended he was taking Ryland away from the store to the hospital or whatever. And since Ryland's brother wasn't around, this too would fit the chauffeur's plan though in a different way. "I saw him take Ryland away, so Ryland's brother must be the Demolisher."

So yeah it almost sort of makes sense, but again, the writers were definitely not thinking beyond "trick the reader."

Charles was the one seemingly injured. Ryland drove off with him, then the second MJ went in the store he was there to grab her.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"You should open some stores to sell products to people!"
"Brilliant!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what a tepid story.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Charles that is super petty, and you were going to kill a lady over it.

Honestly his motives are hilarious.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

"Brilliant!"

Thankfully, Charles will now start a new lucrative crime career as the Idea Man.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Is this why she had to take a job in a computer store?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Murdstone posted:

"Brilliant!"

At October 12 this story barely lasted 3 months. Easily the shortest I've seen in these threads.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

davidspackage posted:

Thankfully, Charles will now start a new lucrative crime career as the Idea Man.

I'll be his sidekick, I'll Start the Wiki Man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ryland's Brother: You had a big bonus check for him? When you were on the verge of bankruptcy? This is why you need an accountant, bro, please I'm begging you, the inheritance mom left us will only last so lo-
Ryland: I'm gonna open a restaurant! :haw:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerusalem posted:

Ryland's Brother: You had a big bonus check for him? When you were on the verge of bankruptcy? This is why you need an accountant, bro, please I'm begging you, the inheritance mom left us will only last so lo-
Ryland: I'm gonna open a restaurant! :haw:

Well I imagine the reason he had not given him the check yet was because he was having financial problems from his stores being burned down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well I imagine the reason he had not given him the check yet was because he was having financial problems from his stores being burned down.

It was actually the cost of continually replacing that giant glass window in the one store that kept getting smashed.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

*cue laugh track*

This is definitely how managing a store works.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Werewolf time appearntly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rylands: We'll bail out the guy who tried to ruin us and also threatened to kill at least one person, and attempted to kill a second, because all we care about is making money!
Spidey: v:shobon:v

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Werewolf time appearntly.

While unlikely, I sincerely hope that the werewolf is just Lugo Belogi in a fursuit.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Jerusalem posted:

Rylands: We'll bail out the guy who tried to ruin us and also threatened to kill at least one person, and attempted to kill a second, because all we care about is making money!
Spidey: v:shobon:v

:capitalism:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Animal noises? At the zoo? Better investigate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Peter: oh boy, sex!
News: BREAKING NEWS, A WEREWOLF IS WRESTLING A BEAR IN THE ZOO.
MJ: please Peter that's for blade or doctor strange I need that cake :cry: