Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Or don’t abuse substances and game cleanly.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do the Tacticooler drinks count as doping?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Escobarbarian posted:

Do the Tacticooler drinks count as doping?

Judd hasn't stopped me yet.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
My tag is "Growing Hippie" right now, I brew the best Tacticooler. :lsd:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m currently using Silent Snowstorm but I have a few ones I really like now

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Now I've beaten single-player I have a question: was there a joke to the Easter Island head I somehow missed, or was it literally just painting an Easter Island head

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Now I've beaten single-player I have a question: was there a joke to the Easter Island head I somehow missed, or was it literally just painting an Easter Island head

Japanese just love Easter island aesthetic. I remember little Moai cameos in coin-op games since the eighties.
I mean

Look at peak Moai.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Good Grizzco load out. I don’t get the squiggle, like what makes it unique compared to other snipers?

Also ink brush has far shorter range than i anticipate every time. But we got the guy down to half before running out of time. I like the map too. Ink the tower walls people!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
This Run is like an apology for yesterday. I love it. The 52 Gal feels a little underpowered against the bigger boys but I still love it.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Tafferling posted:

Japanese just love Easter island aesthetic. I remember little Moai cameos in coin-op games since the eighties.
I mean

Look at peak Moai.

I kinda assumed there would be like, a level near the end that was exactly the same except you had to paint it in like 3 minutes with Octolings or shadow clones up your rear end. but not even

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I kinda assumed there would be like, a level near the end that was exactly the same except you had to paint it in like 3 minutes with Octolings or shadow clones up your rear end. but not even

Didn't Octo Expansion have several levels where you just had to walk around some really big structure and paint all of it? Just felt like a continuation of those levels to me, although IIRC those were usually a little more puzzle-y in how to cover all the area. Could have also been a little nod to Octo Expansion's final level.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

What are clams for? e: or snails, wahtever this splatfest currency is

Muscle Tracer fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 18, 2022

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It is amazing how much of a difference a real weapon rotation makes. Also funny because this rotation would be bad in S2, but the glowups to the Sloshing Machine and Inkbrush are much appreciated.

Muscle Tracer posted:

What are clams for? e: or snails, wahtever this splatfest currency is

Use them on the gacha machine. Enjoy your free rolls. They're also used as tallies in the final scoring, but that's it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Good Grizzco load out. I don’t get the squiggle, like what makes it unique compared to other snipers?

Also ink brush has far shorter range than i anticipate every time. But we got the guy down to half before running out of time. I like the map too. Ink the tower walls people!

it's pretty good at inking, the tap shot has so little consumption as to be zero.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Squiffer has great DPS and is one of the best boss killers and the piercing makes it great for crowd control.

Also please do not camp the shores if there's a Big Shot cannon there. The eggs that get volleyed to the basket will be useless if no one is there to stop the Snatcher rave party. Dump the eggs you get from killing the Big Shot(s) and maybe some other bosses there and make yourself useful somewhere more relevant. Also if you die on the shorelines, you are massively wasting your team's time when they have to come rescue you.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Item Getter posted:

Didn't Octo Expansion have several levels where you just had to walk around some really big structure and paint all of it? Just felt like a continuation of those levels to me, although IIRC those were usually a little more puzzle-y in how to cover all the area. Could have also been a little nod to Octo Expansion's final level.

I don't remember any levels like that in OE, but I don't think I would remember them.

Anyway another thing I wanted to say: I wish the Big Man boss fight had been significantly harder. cos anyone who recognizes the reference would be saying 'Oh poo poo!!!! Oh no

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Anyway another thing I wanted to say: I wish the Big Man boss fight had been significantly harder. cos anyone who recognizes the reference would be saying 'Oh poo poo!!!! Oh no

I thought it was plenty hard and was very oh god please no when it revealed what it was.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Weirdly I actually found it a complete piece of piss, none of the tiny mantas ever got any distance from each other so I just mopped em up

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I just got boxed in a lot and had to scramble pretty often to make space, especially in the third phase. I would’ve liked it if the super they gave you for it was the inkjet to hammer home the “this is meant to be this other boss fight” point.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Araxxor posted:

It is amazing how much of a difference a real weapon rotation makes. Also funny because this rotation would be bad in S2, but the glowups to the Sloshing Machine and Inkbrush are much appreciated.

Use them on the gacha machine. Enjoy your free rolls. They're also used as tallies in the final scoring, but that's it.

Oh wow, I'm absolutely swamped with work this whole week (up until around the start of Splatfest) and have been avoiding the game but kind of want to try to make some time somewhere just to see what the Inkbrush is like in Salmon Run. I usually love it in the normal multiplayer and don't remember ever using it in Salmon Run in S2.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The latest SR weapons are good but I just wish I wasn't paired up with people who choke on Round 3 and die almost instantly, it must be a pressure thing.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Weirdly I actually found it a complete piece of piss, none of the tiny mantas ever got any distance from each other so I just mopped em up

I found it far too easy too, not only because of this, but also because the sensor gear upgrade broke the fight completely. It marks the real one with red.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I have yet to find a group that is capable of spawning the king this sr rotation and it is driving me insane

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Inkbrush is bullshit in Salmon Run. I just swiped my brush around at a dead teammate and NOTHING HAPPENED and then I got splatted. Can’t even loving revive a teammate, worthless.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Winning left and right over here. Finally made Eggsecutive VP. Turns out Profreshional only goes up to +3.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Are conch shells used anywhere else other than the gacha machine?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

For the demo splatfest, you werent allowed to use the shells on the gacha machine so instead they made it so the game would use up all of your team's shells to get you into a 100x or 333x battle

I wonder if theyre gonna do the same thing this splatfest or if will there be some other way to get into those big battles

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Inkbrush is bullshit in Salmon Run. I just swiped my brush around at a dead teammate and NOTHING HAPPENED and then I got splatted. Can’t even loving revive a teammate, worthless.

We’re they in the ring? You can’t revive until they’re in the ring. Also the brush can revive just by walking into a ring with the brush down and you running behind it, that’s pretty much the one good use for it I’ve found.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Inkbrush isn’t bad you just have to wreck your finger slamming the right trigger

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

My arthritis-riddled fingers make inkbrush and other 'spam the trigger' weapons just awful to use

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I hate hate hate the Dynamo Roller. Hoping today’s Salmon Run is less awful.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I hate hate hate the Dynamo Roller. Hoping today’s Salmon Run is less awful.

Today's is easy mode

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Are there any rewards tied to lvl. 3 Tableturf opponents? I know that three battles of the previous tiers unlock opponents or levels, but I'm haven't seen anything yet playing lvl.3 battles.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Beating the important NPCs (not the Jellyfish with no lines) 30 times will reward you with a card sleeve.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cleared a run with a full king gauge and didn't get the xtra wave. What gives?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Relyssa posted:

Cleared a run with a full king gauge and didn't get the xtra wave. What gives?

It doesn't guarantee the wave. Also it takes everyone's king meters into account, not just yours.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Araxxor posted:

Beating the important NPCs (not the Jellyfish with no lines) 30 times will reward you with a card sleeve.

Oh that's a bunch huh.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Salmon Run is now getting stupid hard for me even with good weapons and a good team. I checked the Hazard Level I was playing at. It was 200/333 :shepface:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Seriously looking into the feasibility of setting up auto-fire on an 8bitdo controller or something so my hand can stop cramping when I get stuck with the inkbrush again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Relyssa posted:

My arthritis-riddled fingers make inkbrush and other 'spam the trigger' weapons just awful to use

I loving HATE wojak, but this I feel in a spiritual level and am super glad I'm not the only one.