Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Snowcow posted:

That is one seriously big booty latina :eyepop:

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

For the first time ever, I'm experiencing interest in a grand theft auto

lmao,

:same:?? :shrug:

Vikar Jerome posted:

Dmca's are hitting. To see this poo poo in real time...

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Volte posted:

I was faced with a similar issue recently and ended up getting a MAGIC NS 2 adapter which lets the DualShock 4 (among other things) work perfectly with the PS3. I've been playing through the Metal Gear Solid collection using a DS4 and it has worked fine (rumble and PS button work fine).

Hmm, interesting. That would be a hell of a lot easier than tracking down a Dual Shock 3. Is it just plug and play?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kin posted:

Hmm, interesting. That would be a hell of a lot easier than tracking down a Dual Shock 3. Is it just plug and play?

Just watched a review. Yes, plug it, push the side button to set the proper color to match the system and plug the controller or sync with it. Looks easy enough.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
There's alot of collectibles in Ghostwire :sweatdrop: I will get them all!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I just got the Platinum for AI The Somnium Files: The Nirvana Initiative. I think the narrative isn't as good as the first game but still good enough if you liked the first game, but the actual Somniums are done much better and aren't as much guesswork.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Doesn’t the DS3 have analogue face buttons which were used in like 3 games ever but would be missing with an adapter solution?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Sony PlayStation 5: That is one seriously big booty latina

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Guillermus posted:

Just watched a review. Yes, plug it, push the side button to set the proper color to match the system and plug the controller or sync with it. Looks easy enough.

Sweet, just ordered one.

It'll help with the charging too I think.

I dunno if my DS3 was extra faulty, but I'm sure I tried to charge it on a USB plug socket and it didn't do poo poo. It had to be plugged into the PS3 or probably an active laptop or something to charge.

I also only have a 1 meter cable for it so couldn't even charge the thing while playing unless i sat on the floor.

It kinda blows me away sometimes how far controller tech has evolved since the NES days.

Back then it would have been considered black magic to play a master system game with a NES controller even though they both basically served the same function: push button, create action on screen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hector Delgado posted:

There's alot of collectibles in Ghostwire :sweatdrop: I will get them all!

Make sure when the ghost festival appears you get caught by it, there's a certain amount of souls you can only get from there and its appearance is random.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fuckin :eyepop:

that rdr2 nighttime is back baby yessss

more high res ones @ https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...9/post-93486044

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 18, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside! posted:

Doesn’t the DS3 have analogue face buttons which were used in like 3 games ever but would be missing with an adapter solution?

Yes, but I think all you lose is some CQC options in MGS4

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i dont mean to keep flooding the pages about gta6 (well...) but this is just getting more and more hilarious

the hacker woke up and asked for rockstar to contact them, assumption was he was gonna try and ransom them out but then they get this email

ubisoft? :shrug:

edit: they are also selling the gtav source code for 5 figures. they claim gta6 isnt for sale, yet...

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 18, 2022

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Make sure when the ghost festival appears you get caught by it, there's a certain amount of souls you can only get from there and its appearance is random.

I just realized what those 3 soul counters meant last night when you zoom the map out, lol. Had no idea the last one was the actual name of the ghost parade. Think there's like 15k spirits thru that but I had only got caught once as I wanted to see what happened. I read there's a way to trigger it at Shibuya Crossing, I'm gonna check that out.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

This gen of consoles has been as low start, but GTA6 looks amazing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vikar Jerome posted:

i dont mean to keep flooding the pages about gta6 (well...) but this is just getting more and more hilarious

the hacker woke up and asked for rockstar to contact them, assumption was he was gonna try and ransom them out but then they get this email

ubisoft? :shrug:

“XMR” is Monero aka crypto bullshit so at best a non-serious offer

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

shut up blegum posted:

Not gonna watch an hour of leaked vids, but it doesn't look like there's anything interesting in them? Oh, you can rob stores and shoot at police. Wow, groundbreaking for a gta game.

The dialogue is tonight show with colbert level social commentary written by people who aren't funny, so there's that

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

omg i'm going to cry.... rockstar this is my childhood! you brilliant bastards!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Vikar Jerome posted:

The new wanted system sounds amazing, lots of stuff brought over from rdr2, and you got cops looking for your last outfit/car and checking cctv footage

holy poo poo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

UP AND ADAM posted:

holy poo poo

i was at work when i said that, by OUTFIT i meant, they are looking for you based on last known descriptions from npc's lol.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 18, 2022

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Gshahahwiebdhsiwjwjs I need GTA6 so bad ahhhhhhh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GTA 6 more years of development :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

All these GTA6 leaks are wild :eyepop:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

haveblue posted:

“XMR” is Monero aka crypto bullshit so at best a non-serious offer

Crime is the only use case for crypto that's panned out, it's what enabled the wave of ransomware attacks over the last few years, and monero is intended to be the untraceable privacy focused coin. Even if this offer isn't serious, the kid's inbox is probably stuffed with similar looking offers that are

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hopefully the game's writing will be not-insufferable this time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

i was at work when i said that, by OUTFIT i meant, they are looking for you based on last known descriptions from npc's lol.

That sounds extremely cool. This is the sort of stuff that people were hoping Cyberpunk 2077 would have for its cops, instead we essentially got nothing for crime enforcement in that game. GTAV's crime enforcement mechanic was pretty basic and the same as it has been since GTA3. So really hoping for a lot of improvements. And of course none of this guarantees it'll be in the finished game. It's very possible Rockstar realizes that none of this will really work or isn't fun and take it out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MarcusSA posted:

Eh the 360 version is basically playable these days with the things they’ve done with emulation.

More than playable with the right pc, but it still doesn’t run great

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/vitaaeris/status/1571272103042719746?s=20&t=Z6eVdPE1VDx131-Q_1PCgA

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

acksplode posted:

Crime is the only use case for crypto that's panned out, it's what enabled the wave of ransomware attacks over the last few years, and monero is intended to be the untraceable privacy focused coin. Even if this offer isn't serious, the kid's inbox is probably stuffed with similar looking offers that are

All those ransomware attacks ended up getting traced and domestic/extraditable attackers were arrested though because feds and interpol have their hands in crypto.

This kid better hope his government isn’t willing to hand him over to the feds for stealing game code like the HL2 guy. He almost ended up boarding a plane that would’ve landed him right in prison except the German police arrested him themselves, hit him with some light penalties, and convinced him to go white hat for them.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 18, 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Changing my clothes to evade the police every 5 minutes because I keep getting into fender-benders when rushing around the world sounds tedious as gently caress unless it’s just in a quick menu and I can swap back and forth between two different outfits because the AI is actually still pretty stupid.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
I want a GTA6 where after 2 stars the police are likely to just roll in and make the situation a million times worse, shooting the wrong people, yelling poo poo like "I AM FEARING FOR MY LIFE RIGHT NOW".

It wouldn't be clever or interesting social commentary, but at least it would get the next generation of gamers prepared for real life.

edit: Ive played only a few hours of GTA5. Does Rockstar ever satirize American police or is that off limits for them?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

bloodychill posted:

All those ransomware attacks ended up getting traced and domestic/extraditable attackers were arrested though because feds and interpol have their hands in crypto.

Not all of them, otherwise they wouldn't keep happening over and over. Companies pay these ransoms often and some people have gotten away with it. The feds have gotten way better at blockchain analysis but there's so much poo poo going on they can't catch everyone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

negativeneil posted:

I want a GTA6 where after 2 stars the police are likely to just roll in and make the situation a million times worse, shooting the wrong people, yelling poo poo like "I AM FEARING FOR MY LIFE RIGHT NOW".

It wouldn't be clever or interesting social commentary, but at least it would get the next generation of gamers prepared for real life.

edit: Ive played only a few hours of GTA5. Does Rockstar ever satirize American police or is that off limits for them?

I don't remember them doing too much with that in 5, no.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

welp, goodbye gta online. (unless taketwo bought it lol)

https://twitter.com/videotech_/status/1571584265824903171

edit: oh apparently hes claiming its not his wallet. whatever that means. nft bullshit

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 18, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I can't believe that they made a female Ethan Winters.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/ModernVintageG/status/1571583791013203968?t=r71dT0XV7QnINqT9bNE2bw&s=19

Quoted tweet removed but looks like GTA6 code sold for over 100k USD

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the hacker is claiming it wasnt theirs wallet, so someone just got scammed by bitcon.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

acksplode posted:

Not all of them, otherwise they wouldn't keep happening over and over. Companies pay these ransoms often and some people have gotten away with it. The feds have gotten way better at blockchain analysis but there's so much poo poo going on they can't catch everyone.

The people to most likely get away with it are the ones living someplace where they won’t get extradited or where extradition is a huge pain and the hack didn’t rate high enough. When the companies pay the ransom, that ransom is usually tagged. Granted, the feds are only going to really go to bat in more serious situations like all the hospital systems and government-adjacent groups that got hit. And of course, the more money involved, the more likely they’ll also go after someone.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Vikar Jerome posted:

the hacker is claiming it wasnt theirs wallet, so someone just got scammed by bitcon.

lollllllllllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahahaha