Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They missed an opportunity to put French Guyana on it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Little Mary is cute.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ugh that color scheme, I can't find the breton-welsh continuum in the legend

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Also works as a grocery store map for Poland

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm chuckling a little bit, and mystified a little bit, at the .ang and .co.ang pairing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i say swears online posted:

ugh that color scheme, I can't find the breton-welsh continuum in the legend

first one under "named after god"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also, every microstate in the HRE would absolutely insist on their own top levels, including the imperial knights

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

first one under "named after god"

thanks, i glazed past it because it said proto-slavic and didn't realize it was the same color as out east. cool

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Disappointingly misses Bishy Barnabee, which derives from The Bishop That Burneth and is the most badass name for those beetles.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

also, every microstate in the HRE would absolutely insist on their own top levels, including the imperial knights

I like the idea that some guy called Jürgen Ritter or whatever is the sole guy who owns .jr. One of the more enterprising knights/microstates would also definitely make a whole economy out of selling URLs.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

.holy.re and .co.ang in a list of top level domains is a solid troll. And now I kind of want to go look at the relevant RFCs to see if that's actually legal

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

Also works as a grocery store map for Poland

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

This map forgot Saudi Arabia

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
12th century Europe? Oh, you better believe you're paying the Pope to get a thing that tells everyone your website is owned by a true Christian, not some infidel or schismatic

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Let's Imprint.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

12th century Europe? Oh, you better believe you're paying the Pope to get a thing that tells everyone your website is owned by a true Christian, not some infidel or schismatic

oh no france has set up an anti-webring

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Our certificate chain goes all the way back to St. Peter's root CA. That's how you know it's valid. :catholic:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

That proves nothing, you need to use Blockcanon

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Better get certificates from all current or recent Popes.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Blue: Counties which recognize Chile as the country of origin of Pisco
Orange: Counties which recognize Peru as the country of origin of Pisco
Purple: Counties which recognize both Chile and Peru as the country of origin of Pisco

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
an issue that divides the anglosphere

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Redczar posted:

Blue: Counties which recognize Chile as the country of origin of Pisco
Orange: Counties which recognize Peru as the country of origin of Pisco
Purple: Counties which recognize both Chile and Peru as the country of origin of Pisco

Why is every country but Ukraine a blur on this map?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Why is every country but Ukraine a blur on this map?

no no pisco is made from grapes, not grain or potatoes

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This might be slightly outdated. There was a news article the other week that the gasoline price here in the Netherlands is the "cheapest" it's been all year right now. It's still quite expensive but apparently they managed to compensate by increasing worldwide oil production and also through some government subsidies.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well yeah it's from March.

The prices are way down from the peak but probably still in the red category lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in the states my area is now in the very lowest price bracket

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/amazingmap/status/1572695732704124928

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

This might be slightly outdated. There was a news article the other week that the gasoline price here in the Netherlands is the "cheapest" it's been all year right now. It's still quite expensive but apparently they managed to compensate by increasing worldwide oil production and also through some government subsidies.

It may be at a "low" relative to the way it was the rest of the year, but the point of the map is more the relative prices between countries, and Europe pays a lot more for gas than the US does.

Like seven dollars per gallon? No wonder it's a bike country.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Netherlands/gasoline_prices/

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
NL being relatively flat and compact also helps with the bike thing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled
https://twitter.com/ladiologist/status/1573008955055476744?s=20&t=LAl36rJwqEVKCPgDEYJSGg

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Tenebrais posted:

Disappointingly misses Bishy Barnabee, which derives from The Bishop That Burneth and is the most badass name for those beetles.

There's a beetle (Callidium violaceum) called papintappaja, "priest killer", in Finnish. Because of some folk story about one climbing into a priest's ear iirc

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Edit: what is in common with Dodi Fayed and Iroquouis confederacy? Both have been Indiana.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/181783503912972288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Laws aren’t 1:1