Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It is complete. Perfection is such a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Poque posted:

How do you get yellow chickens? I thought the options were white, brown, or blue?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Poque posted:

Look how they shine for you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LLSix posted:

How do you get yellow chickens? I thought the options were white, brown, or blue?

If you achieve Perfection (new in 1.5) Marnie sells golden eggs for 100k. They hatch into golden chickens. They look cool but it's an extreme barrier to entry.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LLSix posted:

Here’s the checklist:

https://stardewcommunitywiki.com/Perfection#Perfection_system

You get this unlocked:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Poque posted:

Nice! I hit perfection for earlier this week. Worth it!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hard disagree.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Getting perfection just requires time, dedication, and not getting bored. This assumes that your willing to look up answers to stuff on the Stardew wiki though, figuring out the locations of end game stuff you have to sell on your own or stardrop locations could be challenging otherwise. The legendary fish can suck too if you’re not good at fishing.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 8, 2022

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I've been trying to get perfection in 2 years. I'm close with the latest file at winter 20 of year 2 but i don't think I'm going to make it, i don't think I'm going to make enough money even though i made 4 upgraded sheds full of kegs and grew ancient fruit all over ginger Island. I'm at 7 million with the desert and island warp totems already purchased but the drat golden clock is gonna be the limiting factor i think. I'm also missing one mineral and one artifact and they are eluding me. I also keep getting bad luck days and i really need some good skull cavern runs to kill enough dinos. Yeah i don't think it's gonna happen but i got pretty close. Some of it is just rng based and you might just not get it in time but I'm gonna keep trying! Maybe

Edit- i also got not one but TWO auto petters on this file but i guess my luck is running out

Anybody do multi player on switch? I've never tried it before and I'd be interested in starting a new farm if anybody wants to.

Dixville fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 12, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Something is wrong in my mod list. Some tile sheet somewhere is conflicting and the train station/ aquarium / bus stop thing isn't happening. I have a feeling it might be Starblue but ugh I don't wanna take that out mid-run. Maybe I will finish up this farm and then try again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dixville posted:

I've been trying to get perfection in 2 years. I'm close with the latest file at winter 20 of year 2 but i don't think I'm going to make it, i don't think I'm going to make enough money even though i made 4 upgraded sheds full of kegs and grew ancient fruit all over ginger Island. I'm at 7 million with the desert and island warp totems already purchased but the drat golden clock is gonna be the limiting factor i think. I'm also missing one mineral and one artifact and they are eluding me. I also keep getting bad luck days and i really need some good skull cavern runs to kill enough dinos. Yeah i don't think it's gonna happen but i got pretty close. Some of it is just rng based and you might just not get it in time but I'm gonna keep trying! Maybe

Edit- i also got not one but TWO auto petters on this file but i guess my luck is running out

Anybody do multi player on switch? I've never tried it before and I'd be interested in starting a new farm if anybody wants to.

I’ve only done couch co-op on Switch, split screen works great, especially after you tweak the Zoom and font sizes depending on your comfort and TV.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
What non-stat food do you use for navigating the mines in the end-game? I've been using cactus fruit, but something with a higher health value might be better. I know money isn't really an obstacle at this point, but 400g a pop for starfruit seems high.

Also, any tips on finishing off the museum? I'm on year 4 at this point and still missing something(s). No idea where to dig or look for items, though.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Pixelante posted:

What non-stat food do you use for navigating the mines in the end-game? I've been using cactus fruit, but something with a higher health value might be better. I know money isn't really an obstacle at this point, but 400g a pop for starfruit seems high.

Also, any tips on finishing off the museum? I'm on year 4 at this point and still missing something(s). No idea where to dig or look for items, though.

sashimi cuz it's so cheap/easy to make. linus teaches the recipe and crab pots in the sewers/beach/river will provide all the ingredients you need.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pixelante posted:

Cheese all the way. Gold quality cheese gives you a ton of health and energy. I forget where i first heard this but it was life changing for me.

You can tell which things you've gotten from the museum by looking at the collections tab so maybe that will help if you know what you're going for. I look up on the wiki where things can come from then spam whatever the random drop or whatever is. I.e. for dino egg, kill dinosaurs in the skull caverns till you get one.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Pixelante posted:

What non-stat food do you use for navigating the mines in the end-game?

Goat cheese, at gold quality it's pretty much a full health restore and it's easy to maintain a steady production stream.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Other option is to keep extra stacks of your buff food to save an inventory slot. Crab cakes are easy enough to mass produce, you can eat them for health too. You can also eat what drops before space fills up.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Pixelante posted:

Honestly, just use the wiki. Some of them are super obscure and/or need a ridiculous level of luck to find. Or, if you're on PC and happy to use a bit of external knowledge, you can use the Stardew Predictor. Geodes are seeded at the start of the game, so it will tell you what the next geode you open will contain. The annoying thing about geodes, is that the spawns are fixed (eg sandstone in my save file will appear in the 15th regular geode I open, along with the 39th ,55th ,93rd ,etc), but also different by geode type. So if the 15th geode I open is a frozen geode, it might have something else eg jamborite. So now I can't get a sandstone from a geode until the 39th geode - hopefully I don't open a frozen/magma/omni geode on the 39th try!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think that omni geodes can pop all the minerals. Git gud at running the skull cavern, especially on very good luck days. Buy 100 mega bombs and bring lots of cheese, hopefully you’ve got a slime ring at this point. Bombs away. You can also turn in Omni geodes at the desert camel guy for artifact troves, they’ll pop them all out eventually too. But yeah it’s all RNG and luck.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

webmeister posted:

Honestly, just use the wiki. Some of them are super obscure and/or need a ridiculous level of luck to find. Or, if you're on PC and happy to use a bit of external knowledge, you can use the Stardew Predictor. Geodes are seeded at the start of the game, so it will tell you what the next geode you open will contain. The annoying thing about geodes, is that the spawns are fixed (eg sandstone in my save file will appear in the 15th regular geode I open, along with the 39th ,55th ,93rd ,etc), but also different by geode type. So if the 15th geode I open is a frozen geode, it might have something else eg jamborite. So now I can't get a sandstone from a geode until the 39th geode - hopefully I don't open a frozen/magma/omni geode on the 39th try!

Seconding Stardew Predictor, it's really great. I avoided it because I didn't want to install anything, but didn't realize you just upload your save file straight into it. I used it to find dinosaur floors when the last Adventurers' Guild enemy I needed was a bunch of Pepper Rexes.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Predictor sounds really cheesy for my taste, but the nice thing about these games is that you can tailor the experience to whatever works for you.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Yeah i love playing with mods but i think it's best to "finish" the game on your own first. What finishing the game means to you might vary though. But i never played with mods till i got perfection. I still like playing on the switch with no mods but they can be fun. I especially like a lot of the aesthetic mods.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah the Predictor is a bit cheesy, and definitely not something I'd recommend for a first-time playthrough. But if you're on Year 4 and still looking for obscure Museum finds.....

Omni Geodes can drop everything, so I guess if you're happy to spend a whole week bombing through the skull caverns and farming up 100-ish Omni Geodes then the whole fixed-random spawn thing will work for you. But if you're just playing like the average person, cracking all geodes as you get them, a bit of bad luck can massively blow out how long it'll take to complete the museum.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

webmeister posted:

Yeah the Predictor is a bit cheesy, and definitely not something I'd recommend for a first-time playthrough. But if you're on Year 4 and still looking for obscure Museum finds.....

Omni Geodes can drop everything, so I guess if you're happy to spend a whole week bombing through the skull caverns and farming up 100-ish Omni Geodes then the whole fixed-random spawn thing will work for you. But if you're just playing like the average person, cracking all geodes as you get them, a bit of bad luck can massively blow out how long it'll take to complete the museum.

The problem is that 100ish Omni geodes is not nearly enough to finish the museum with how low the odds are of some things dropping. I wouldn't even be confident with 1000 Omni-geodes.

SV is an amazing game. One of the ways it is amazing is it doesn't gate anything important behind the low drop-rate items needed to 100% the museum.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LLSix posted:

The problem is that 100ish Omni geodes is not nearly enough to finish the museum with how low the odds are of some things dropping. I wouldn't even be confident with 1000 Omni-geodes.

SV is an amazing game. One of the ways it is amazing is it doesn't gate anything important behind the low drop-rate items needed to 100% the museum.

Let me tell you about artifact spots on yhe west side of the island.. :shepface:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Once I learned cracking geodes and the cart were based on the seed and not random I lost a lot of immersion wrt to not using predictor.

I usually just take a quick peek to see if a prismatic shard shows up in the first 400 or so geodes and if a red cabbage shows up in a Y1 cart if I'm trying to rush the community center.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Mystery is part of the experience. Seed or random is really the same thing from the player perspective.

Unless the seed is the same for everyone.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Let me tell you about artifact spots on yhe west side of the island.. :shepface:
let me tell you about bombing rocks in the caldera :shepface:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

chaleski posted:

you can WHAT

I made a mod for myself that changes it to the deluxe cowboy hat when it's on my head so I can have my hat and eat it too. It's pretty simple to do with a bit of cut and paste!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Today I learned that you can pick up a mineral/artifact, have it fill in the spot on your collection screen, forget to turn it into Gunther, and then wonder why you’re not getting the stardrop for completing the museum. I got lucky in that it was a dumb Ruby instead of something harder to find, but it sucked trying to audit my museum display looking for it. And that’s only after furiously googling the problem thinking my game was glitched.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Cartoon Man posted:

Today I learned that you can pick up a mineral/artifact, have it fill in the spot on your collection screen, forget to turn it into Gunther, and then wonder why you’re not getting the stardrop for completing the museum. I got lucky in that it was a dumb Ruby instead of something harder to find, but it sucked trying to audit my museum display looking for it. And that’s only after furiously googling the problem thinking my game was glitched.

The ruby was your last submission?? o_O

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021
I got 3 years in on one game before finding out I'd not handed in a fire quartz, it's easily done

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I've known for a while now that Shane is based on Eric Barone's real-life friend, also named Shane. What I didn't know is that real Shane has a Twitter account where he re-Tweets character Shane-related content, both positive and negative. He also posts pictures of his chickens, especially his favorite one Goldie:
https://twitter.com/Stardew__Shane/status/1569727778488209410?s=20&t=qeg6uKdbcSrNq_7xw0r15Q

Based

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 24, 2022

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Finished off my museum! Last two items were the weird green doll and a dinosaur egg. I'd had both of those things in plenty before, but hadn't turned them into Gunther.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Pththya-lyi posted:

I've known for a while now that Shane is based on Eric Barone's real-life friend, also named Shane. What I didn't know is that real Shane has a Twitter account where he re-Tweets character Shane-related content, both positive and negative. He also posts pictures of his chickens, especially his favorite one Goldie:
https://twitter.com/Stardew__Shane/status/1569727778488209410?s=20&t=qeg6uKdbcSrNq_7xw0r15Q

Based

I didn't know that Shane was based on a real guy, but it isn't a big surprise. I've wondered for a while if the villagers were at least loosely based on people Barone knew irl. He must have hated whoever inspired Haley.

Pretty cool that he's running with that, though. Hope he's better now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Haley sucks, but I never got the impression that CA dislikes her as a character or based her on someone he dislikes. There's plenty of room in the writing for you to believe she genuinely grows and changes as a person, rather than she gradually warms up to The Farmer in lockstep with The Farmer gradually becoming the wealthiest person in the valley, if you want to.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Haley gets much, much better as you get to know her more. She's not that bad. Just young and self-involved.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

HopperUK posted:

Haley gets much, much better as you get to know her more. She's not that bad. Just young and self-involved.

Yeah, Haley isn't a terrible person. Haley is basically a child. She gets better.

I know it might come as a shock to some people who were absolute self-absorbed shitheads in, like, high school actually manage to grow up into decent human beings, but it can happen

(admittedly, more rarely than it should)

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
Yeah, Haley grows into a genuinely good person. Her 8-heart event shows off what kind of person she actually wants to be, and her 14-heart event (where she organizes a charity event to buy new schoolbooks) is arguably the nicest, most altruistic, selfless thing any of the potential spouses does.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Trilobite posted:

Yeah, Haley grows into a genuinely good person. Her 8-heart event shows off what kind of person she actually wants to be, and her 14-heart event (where she organizes a charity event to buy new schoolbooks) is arguably the nicest, most altruistic, selfless thing any of the potential spouses does.

That's pretty cool. I've never seen her 14 heart event because they didn't exist yet in the playthrough I married her.

The cynic in me can't help thinking: New schoolbooks for the total of 2 kids in town? Seems like it'd be easier to just buy the books and donate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

LLSix posted:

That's pretty cool. I've never seen her 14 heart event because they didn't exist yet in the playthrough I married her.

The cynic in me can't help thinking: New schoolbooks for the total of 2 kids in town? Seems like it'd be easier to just buy the books and donate them.

I installed a polygamy mod to marry all the bachelors/ettes at the same time, so there will be plenty more kids soon.

Also, don't they need a new set for every grade or do they just relearn their multiplication tables and long division every year?