Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Everyone needs to shitpost more to survive. In the spirit of this:

CommonShore posted:

And if I get knifed tonight we know I'm on the right track.

As a player, your analysis is good and valuable, but as a roleplayer, this is some real cop bullshit for the 209, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

so right now, posts aside, we have only a few actual data points to work with

1) Merk wasn't scum and was assassinated. Carl voted for Merk, but the very first vote cast was ilmucce voting for Merk, even though it was later shifted to gumball. Merk didn't really do anything clear that could have drawn the assassin's knife, but perhaps was targeted for being a more experienced player. Not much to work for there.

2) Gumball's vote list.

Gumball was first targeted for randomly voting for DRJ, and just generally flailing around but that snowballed. I voted for Gumball just out of spite because they voted for me.

2a) Assuming Gumball is town, then we need to look at those who voted for Gumball.
2b) Assuming Gumball is scum, we can more or less clear those who voted that way.

Now Gumball voting for me when they already were getting dogpiled suggests that they aren't scum, because a) scum presumably can't afford to lose one of their own on the first day, so there would have been some effort to deflect the votes elsewhere rather than vote for someone who already demonstrated spite voting patterns (i.e. me), and nobody stuck up for them; 2) as several have said a day 1 without a successful vote favours the scum.

So if the people who voted for Gumball are suspect, it'll likely be the people who turned a couple of votes into a dogpile who are the scum, thus

##vote ilmucce

scum voting scum is also a thing that happens to build cred, but typically only happens when it's pretty clear who's getting voted.

how have you written your points on 2 and yet don't want to flip gumball to see your analysis through to the end?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ilmucche posted:

scum voting scum is also a thing that happens to build cred, but typically only happens when it's pretty clear who's getting voted.

how have you written your points on 2 and yet don't want to flip gumball to see your analysis through to the end?

Because I think Gumball isn't scum and I don't want to kill a townie.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

Because I think Gumball isn't scum and I don't want to kill a townie.

that's a fair point that holds up a lot better on day 2 than it would've on day 1

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I could be convinced of an ilmucche lunch but still feeling lobster right now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also didn't realize deadline was tonight and not tomorrow

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ilmucche posted:

that's a fair point that holds up a lot better on day 2 than it would've on day 1

and I voted Gumball on day 1.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

and I voted Gumball on day 1.

that you did, i missed that

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CommonShore posted:

so right now, posts aside, we have only a few actual data points to work with

1) Merk wasn't scum and was assassinated. Carl voted for Merk, but the very first vote cast was ilmucce voting for Merk, even though it was later shifted to gumball. Merk didn't really do anything clear that could have drawn the assassin's knife, but perhaps was targeted for being a more experienced player. Not much to work for there.

2) Gumball's vote list.

Gumball was first targeted for randomly voting for DRJ, and just generally flailing around but that snowballed. I voted for Gumball just out of spite because they voted for me.

2a) Assuming Gumball is town, then we need to look at those who voted for Gumball.
2b) Assuming Gumball is scum, we can more or less clear those who voted that way.

Now Gumball voting for me when they already were getting dogpiled suggests that they aren't scum, because a) scum presumably can't afford to lose one of their own on the first day, so there would have been some effort to deflect the votes elsewhere rather than vote for someone who already demonstrated spite voting patterns (i.e. me), and nobody stuck up for them; 2) as several have said a day 1 without a successful vote favours the scum.

So if the people who voted for Gumball are suspect, it'll likely be the people who turned a couple of votes into a dogpile who are the scum, thus

##vote ilmucce

I don't think I really agree with this case but it gets to a result i agree with so, sure

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
fwiw I'm also not really against voting out gumball, a lot of players seem to have posted opinions on them, probably the player with the most content linked to them, and a close no-lunch is often a sign of scum because they're waffling on whether to vote to build cred or not.

But could just be inactive town. Honestly seems likely. But I'm not really against it. Ilmucche or gumball are probably the only two people I will vote for today unless i'm the difference between executing and not executing.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I could go for SoS or weirdly enough tofu has me asking questions. I'd like gumball for the info but I think most aren't up for that.

There are some weird other interactions going on, but I don't want to see another no vote day so I guess I'll go with SoS

##vote suck

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore, may not agree with your fight picks, but I am coming around on your mafia strategizing.

##vote Science of Suck

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

will go for ilmucche if I must to avoid another no lunch but I don't get super scum vibes from his posts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like I don't understand the suck votes unless it's mostly about the flip. Considering the game so far and lack of info that does name sense. Ok, writing it out I kind of understand the suck votes but want to see people talk and post more.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Make sense, not name sense. Also sorry if I disappear, starting ketamine treatment tonight

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

enjoy your k hole man

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
can’t stick around a play this evening so in case i don’t get to post again i want to say i think bluedeanie is probably scum. posting enough and spreading suspicion but not really taking strong stances.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

I feel like I don't understand the suck votes unless it's mostly about the flip. Considering the game so far and lack of info that does name sense. Ok, writing it out I kind of understand the suck votes but want to see people talk and post more.

For me it's about the info. I think we get the most flipping you given the day 1 posting, but sos seems the other option. Obvs I'm not going to vote for me. Lobmob is getting some heat but that doesn't seem to be anywhere.

We might get drj and tofu on a flip as well for inactivity

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The Science of Suck posted:

can’t stick around a play this evening so in case i don’t get to post again i want to say i think bluedeanie is probably scum. posting enough and spreading suspicion but not really taking strong stances.

This is as strong a stance as anyone can reasonably make at this point? We are short a flip and a vanilla townie went out during the night, we are operating at an information deficiency at thia point.

Bluedeanie posted:

Science of Suck eventually started leaning on CommonShore after this but these early posts are not sitting well with me now that I have had time to go over posts from Day 1. You've played before but didn't know what people were referring to when they say "hedge vote?" :hmmno:

I am inclined to agree with this, just cuz nothing you have said before has struck me as scummy :shrug:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I'm all for a lynch today, as I agree that the flip is valuable information in what is a desert of info at the moment. Ideally we vote someone who was in the vote for Gumball to get some more context.

Ilmucche reads town to me, but I'm also newer at the play by post mafia so take that with a grain of salt

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I still am feeling a Science of Suck vote gives us the most to go off of, they were in the Gumball vote block and have had a few things that read as scum to me

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Seems things are still pretty inactive near deadline but I'm here to be able to move a vote at least

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm not really feeling either of the vote leaders though

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote the science of suck

Don't have time for anyone but the leader

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
15 minutes we need 2 more

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If I don't live through the night and science doesn't get hammered consider comparing the lists of votes on science, votes on gumball d1 and seeing if there are people who are on neither. Might be a lurking scum there

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

The Science of Suck (5): LobsterMobster, Mekchu, Mekchu, TheTofuShop, ilmucche, Bluedeanie, Nep-Nep
ilmucche (3): George Kansas, CarlCX, CommonShore, CommonShore, CommonShore
LobsterMobster (2): Mekchu, Gumball Gumption
Gumball Gumption (1): The Science of Suck, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep

Not Voting (1): Dirt Road Junglist

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 18th, 2022 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The day has ended again in a NO VOTE!

This is outwardly bad for town because not only did you not get closer to finding scum but now you are down two players as DirtRoadJunglist and TheTofuShop are modkilled due to the lurker rule.

DirtRoadJunglist was modkilled! posted:

Their dead shark eyes staring, I'm under attack. Too many of these fake asses want to stab me in the back. Wait there's one guy, I've known since he was a baby, I turn to **MY BROTHER NATE, HE'D NEVER BETRAY ME.**

You are a TOWN-Aligned Watcher. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated. As a Watcher, during the Night Phase, you can WATCH a player. If you do, you will learn who visits that player during the night.

TheTofuShop was modkilled! posted:

**gently caress you.**

You are a TOWN-Aligned Vanilla Player. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated. As a Vanilla Player, you do not possess any special powers except for your Vote. Use it wisely.

Night phase is 24 hour deadline as last time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The night has ended and CarlCX was slain!

quote:

You've always been able to rely on your buddies, your training partners, the guys who get you. That's why **THE SKRAP PACK** has always had your back, they'll never let you down.

You are a TOWN-Aligned Universal Backup. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated. As a Universal Backup, you will start the game out with no powers. However, the first time a Power Role dies, you will assume their powers!

You are a TOWN-Aligned Watcher. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated. As a Watcher, during the Night Phase, you can WATCH a player. If you do, you will learn who visits that player during the night.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It is imperative that someone is executed if town wants to win. Ask yourselves: Who among you is scum? Who is a liar with something to hide? Setting the deadline 72 hours from now. Day 3 has begun.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): Bluedeanie, CommonShore, George Kansas, Gumball Gumption, ilmucche, LobsterMobster, Mekchu, Nep-Nep, The Science of Suck

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 22nd, 2022 at 10:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm sticking with my reasoning

##vote ilmucche

Convince me otherwise.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Also that the "Watcher" was voting that way too... yeah.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
drat it. RIP DRJ, Nep, and Carl

I warned DRJ about Diaz Social Anxiety.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

CS didn't get got. Wrong track, or because CS is scum???

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who will write the Nick Diaz Army Manifesto if CarlCX is gone?

Also did CarlCX say why they voted for Illmuche?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to tentatively ##ilmucche but am fine changing my vote.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

LobsterMobster posted:

drat it. RIP DRJ, Nep, and Carl

I warned DRJ about Diaz Social Anxiety.

Why do you think I'm dead?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nep-Nep posted:

Why do you think I'm dead?

because i cant read correctly and confused you for tofu shop

sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think a good place to start would be with the two who were modkilled. Since they were both town if anyone was pushing them there could be scum there.