Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If the Bills lose tomorrow they're in last place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Great game. Hard to believe you guys had a come back like that and it wasn't the best come back in the NFL this week. Not even the best in the AFC East.

Good character game for the Jets, against a real team, too.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CubanMissile posted:

Steve Ross suspension shaping up well so far.

imagine if Miami was finally good the year he’s not allowed at any of the games

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JordanStrack/status/1571592574758178817

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Dolphin bros feel free to link any and all pressers in here for me to watch plz and ty

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

Watching that game was unreal, best I've watched live.

He made mistakes but my god he was clutch. It's Tua time baby

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TheBizzness posted:

Dolphin bros feel free to link any and all pressers in here for me to watch plz and ty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyTCMmVlVQY

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

torgeaux posted:

Great game. Hard to believe you guys had a come back like that and it wasn't the best come back in the NFL this week. Not even the best in the AFC East.

I’m sure we’re all biased here but this is ludicrous.

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1571594095570698242

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m sure we’re all biased here but this is ludicrous.

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1571594095570698242

I know.

Fins were down 21 with 13 minutes, and had to score 28 in the fourth to win, on the road. And hold Lamar Jackson to 3 in the quarter.
Jets (lead by noted elite QB Flacco) only had to score 17 in the fourth, on the road and 14 in the final 90 seconds while keeping (checks notes) Jacoby Brisset from scoring.

I'm kidding, though. There were two games to contend for come back games of the loving year, occurring in the same division, on the same weekend, at the same loving time almost. I'll still call the fins the better of the two, but can't argue with any jets fan too much.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

AFCE runnin' the table this week, drat!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mr. Mercury posted:

AFCE runnin' the table this week, drat!

I see your attempted jinx.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I don’t really care whose comeback was better. Dolphins/Ravens was almost certainly a better overall game, I’m sure, but all that matters is Dolfans and Jets posters should all be elated. Great day for the AFCE thread!

gently caress the Patriots, though.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Also: lol, lmao

https://twitter.com/dwaz73/status/1571613309736194048?s=46&t=rCNkjoITmW6Ob9oN_FccMw

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://youtu.be/c4Dt6F0ykvA

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Thanks. My favorite quote in this whole thing was McDaniel saying at halftime he stopped caring about the outcome of the game and just wanted us to keep fighting because that’s basically what I posted in this thread.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Lost in the elation is that Xavien Howard was terrible today.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
It's been only a couple of hours and i heard 3 radio personalities state Tua had a big day because the Ravens failed. Amazing.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Holy poo poo what a day for the AFC East

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Should've known something was up when Aghalor housed that pass over a defender

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://twitter.com/robslater10/status/1571620947714781186?s=46&t=HDl9JENjguiTvAItz9HTyw

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

chilihead posted:

It's been only a couple of hours and i heard 3 radio personalities state Tua had a big day because the Ravens failed. Amazing.

I mean you could certainly make an argument that the Dolphins come back had a little bit to do with the Ravens easing up on the gas a little bit, but it really wasn't that much. The Ravens checked into garbage time defense for a little bit of the third quarter, but they basically checked out of it by the time that single drive got back into the red zone.

If we're talking what-if's, a lot of the Dolphins early struggles were either weird misfires(blown coverage, dropped passes, Tua misfires) or a real host of bad ref calls that made the Ravens look like they were much better and the Dolphins much worse early on.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Homers are so weird sometime. Like Fitzy gave critical feedback in what was the nicest manner humanly possible.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tua's due a little shine after the last great performance of his career

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Was NE competent today, or is there something broken deep in the heart of Pittsburgh that I wasn’t aware of?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CubanMissile posted:

Was NE competent today, or is there something broken deep in the heart of Pittsburgh that I wasn’t aware of?

They’re starting Mitchell Trubisky at QB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CubanMissile posted:

Offense was better, still made a bunch of errors that killed drives, but they were able to consistently move the ball, while the defense is good enough to beat a QB as bad as Mitch Trubisky.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

They were mildly competent. Pittsburgh's offense struggled to do anything and had a couple of extremely costly errors. I mean, Trubisky is their starting quarterback for godsake.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
The Pats are still a 5 win team. The Steelers were always one of those 5 wins, they just were even worse today because TJ Watt was out.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let's all hope the afce used all it's juice for this week

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

The pats are performing about as well as a team that relies on Matt Patricia could do, which is tops 2 or 3 more wins with good bounces

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Bungles will play the Jets at 0-2.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

CubanMissile posted:

Homers are so weird sometime. Like Fitzy gave critical feedback in what was the nicest manner humanly possible.

I mean on some level it was less than the professional courtesy of only saying good things about your former teammates.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It’ll get lost in the Wilson and Hall show but Max Mitchell held his own just fine against Jadeveon Clowney. Might actually have a long term RT developing.

He let up the strip sack but was otherwise solid.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Dolphins get the Steelers the last week before TJ Should be back and the last week before Watsons suspension is up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just imagine how many more TDs the Jets would have had if they started Mike White!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Rewatched this because poo poo, it was fun.

The little spin move Tua does to avoid the rush before the Cracraft TD was beautiful. Tua was really in the zone today.

Waddle had almost no YAC last year and this year I wouldnt be surprised if he was the league leader so far.

Defense did absolutely nothing.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
AFC East 2022: Laughing at your 99.9% Win Percentage

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Yacovailoa. I’ve never seen so many passes behind the line of scrimmage.

The one bomb to Tyreek was nice.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

it's a small thing at the end of the day, but Alec Ingold's "run blocking" on pass plays is a really loving cool element of the offense:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1571671442596691969?s=20&t=IHpZvrzsedF_b3s6dNzjTw

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1571669576462798850?s=20&t=IHpZvrzsedF_b3s6dNzjTw

I wanted Patrick Ricard and I was wrong, it's really loving a lot of fun that you've got a fullback out there running "routes" which are just basically legal circumventions of the "ineligible receiver downfield" rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I have no idea how to feel about that win for the Dolphins. We have been given false hope so many times before.