Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1571627935282364423

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Niners are just holding onto Jimmy until some desperate team loses their starting QB.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Falcons almost came back from a 28-3 deficit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1571637674888364033

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

The 12th coach

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can someone get a clip of the Cowboys winning FG

I swear that went wide

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I like that the Broncos went out and go themselves a QB only to find out it's like Trevor Siemen and Drew Lock never left

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My awful headache is eased by loling at the Browns Jets outcome.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

How has Burrow not been completely broken? Dude has been taking a huge amount of sacks for 2+ years now.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1571643245171732480

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

joe burrowed (into the dirt (by the defense))

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
At a certain point you have to start worrying that Burrow holds onto the ball too long, right? It results in some insane plays, but it doesn't help with the sacks.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I swear that went wide

I totally thought it was wide

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cards-Raiders was one of the crazier games I’ve seen in a while.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Renfrow fumbled on back to back plays lol.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Raiders

That’s the joke.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Ladies and gentlemen, your Vaunted AFC West

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Crazy day

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1571649536031965185?s=46&t=TdgM7Vng7scgeDONyeqZcQ

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My overreaction: it's time to put Carr out to pasture and send Renfrow to a farm upstate.

Realistic reaction: lol Raiders

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

I'm just glad that the entire AFCN had to deal with just brutal losses all around.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

JT Jag posted:

At a certain point you have to start worrying that Burrow holds onto the ball too long, right? It results in some insane plays, but it doesn't help with the sacks.

As a mostly uniformed spectator he seems to me to be pretty unathletic, have a poor sense of the pass rush and no sense of self preservation. I'm sure the OL is bad but he's going to have a shortened career if he doesn't change his approach

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Some incredible games the past two weeks. Just really amazing finishes.

Sucks for poor Lance.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Lol raiders

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

football rules

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

And the Falcons were 20 yards away from completing a 28-3 comeback.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And the Falcons were 20 yards away from completing a 28-3 comeback.

And the Bengals almost came back against Cooper Rush! Just couldn't finish the upset.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I swear that went wide

I choose to believe after Zach got hurt in the preseason and Trey’s ankle exploded earlier today the League called a “just say it’s good” audible down to the refs to keep Burrow from potentially dying out there for at least one more week.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I would like to blow everyone’s minds by telling you that the Dolphins Oline was nearly great today.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamar isn't coming back to the Ravens and it's very lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1571653570344230913?s=46&t=Ibb0rKO22YH2JVxFDuDdLw

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

Lamar isn't coming back to the Ravens and it's very lol

Why do you say that? Did he say something that hinted that he wants out?

I think it's more likely than ever he signs before the season is over. The Ravens can't lose Lamar at this point. If they get rid of him they lose their main star who is super popular and best player. It would be franchise suicide right now unless we struck unbelievable luck and got someone just as good and popular after.

It'd be like letting Ray Lewis go in the early 00s. Just can't do it no matter the cost.

If we do that, that's the end of this organization's relevance for a long long time. And local fans will lose interest.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 19, 2022

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

To be fair, the 49ers are on their backup QB...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

lol bullshit

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
still laughing at that comeback holy poo poo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Why do you say that? Did he say something that hinted that he wants out?

I think it's more likely than ever he signs before the season is over. The Ravens can't lose Lamar at this point. If they get rid of him they lose their main star who is super popular and best player. It would be franchise suicide right now unless we struck unbelievable luck and got someone just as good and popular after.

It'd be like letting Ray Lewis go in the early 00s. Just can't do it no matter the cost.

If we do that, that's the end of this organization's relevance for a long long time. And local fans will lose interest.

https://twitter.com/CordellWoodland/status/1571628724826644481?s=20&t=zv5ooEq1xFteAhAR-XQybA

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The seahawks are who I thought they were

Bad

Like worst in the league bad. They got shut out by the niners and it wasn't even close. They ran a qb draw on 3rd and 4 and then punted on 4th and inches despite only realistically having 2 possessions left in the game down 13. Just bad bad bad. Defense back to its allowing a poo poo ton of yards and TOP with out turnovers. The blocked kick was cool.

Beating the broncos still ruled though. Hopefully this can be the last ride of PCJS. They are gonna get boat raced by the lions in a couple weeks.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I don't pick up on any hidden agendas there about whether he'll sign. Just sounds like a straight answer to the question.

The question is silly also. I mean, our RBs are somehow WORSE than the group last year. He knows that but he can't say that. So he's gotta give the best answer he can.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 19, 2022

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Isn't it normal for the home team to get 2 points? I suspect the line is going to change as more bets come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

EmbryoSteve posted:

The seahawks are who I thought they were

Bad

Like worst in the league bad. They got shut out by the niners and it wasn't even close. They ran a qb draw on 3rd and 4 and then punted on 4th and inches despite only realistically having 2 possessions left in the game down 13. Just bad bad bad. Defense back to its allowing a poo poo ton of yards and TOP with out turnovers. The blocked kick was cool.

Beating the broncos still ruled though. Hopefully this can be the last ride of PCJS. They are gonna get boat raced by the lions in a couple weeks.

Honestly, beating Russ and then losing out would in some ways be the ideal season I'd imagine