Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ballz posted:

Is there a link to the next episode preview? Watching the ep on Hulu and after the credits it went straight into the behind the episode segment. No preview.

https://old.reddit.com/r/HouseOfTheDragon/comments/xhyv09/house_of_the_dragon_1x06_promo/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ballz posted:

Is there a link to the next episode preview? Watching the ep on Hulu and after the credits it went straight into the behind the episode segment. No preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBulntGrnPE

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The rat symbolizes obviousness.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

nooneofconsequence posted:

The rat symbolizes obviousness.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
They couldn’t have cleaned up the blood before doing the ceremony?

I also found it funny they bothered to stop everyone fighting but the person who began it and murdered someone… to the point they just let him walk away. A bit strange.

The contrast between Bobby B yelling at the Cleganes at the tourney and King T having no clue what is happening is funny, too.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Super Deuce posted:

The contrast between Bobby B yelling at the Cleganes at the tourney and King T having no clue what is happening is funny, too.

Bobby B did take quite some time to tell them to stop and he saw what was going on right in front of him

also lol

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat Joffrey

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Super Deuce posted:

They couldn’t have cleaned up the blood before doing the ceremony?

I also found it funny they bothered to stop everyone fighting but the person who began it and murdered someone… to the point they just let him walk away. A bit strange.

Viserys is a Failking whose leadership technique can be best described as "wait around doing nothing and then eventually make the wrong decision", and the handling of the incident was definitely in character for him.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

smoobles posted:

Viserys is a Failking whose leadership technique can be best described as "wait around doing nothing and then eventually make the wrong decision", and the handling of the incident was definitely in character for him.

I'm pretty sure he just had a stroke so he actually had no clue what was happening.

It just felt clunky to show literally zero consequences for that action, even if the consequences are just someone saying "Yo, what the gently caress".

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

There was undoubtably some confusion, as the fight happened in the middle of a crowd. Maybe the guards thought what his name, Laenor’s lover, had attacked Rhaenyra?

I dunno.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I always thought it was pronounced rear end-hi

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Now I gotta remember a bunch more names and faces, gently caress

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I think that was my fav episode yet. Sucks to lose Milly Alcock though.

Also holy smokes the costuming in this show is insanely good. I'm almost watching and admiring the outfits more than listening to the dialogue.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It's such a weird but good choice to have Matt Daemon just not say anything and be almost entirely physical? It's honestly great.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Man Fabien acted the gently caress out of his scene on the boat. Just a torrent of desperation and fear that you don't expect from the quiet badass knight.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I love that right up to the end there Rhaenyra was still tempting Daemon by implying she's game if he thinks he can pull off kidnapping her. She really is chaotic and wild like her uncle.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Couldn’t they have mopped up the blood and dressed the groom’s wounds before the ceremony lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Maybe I’m a dumb dumb but why is the Queen so upset?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Green is the color of envy

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

She probably feels a bit betrayed, although it’s not like Rhaenyra lied to her. I think she was spooked by her dad’s parting words.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Wild how much better a job this show has done at making me care about these characters compared to RoP. I did not have high hopes coming in to this show.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

The inevitable succession may result in her children being killed. Plus her closest ally (dad) was just removed from power.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I thought that episode was up there with the very best of GoT. So much fun and drama in a ballroom. This show owns.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

unlimited shrimp posted:

Wild how much better a job this show has done at making me care about these characters compared to RoP. I did not have high hopes coming in to this show.

its friggin night and day

and holy poo poo who is riding that super sized dragon in the Episode 6 preview

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I liked the Strong brothers(? Or cousins?). Hope we get to see more of them.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

she knows whats going to happen when the very sick king dies

it feels like we've got people preparing for the turmoil and others oblivious to it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I think that while Rhaenyra didn't technically lie to her about loving her uncle, she wasn't fully honest about what happened that night and Queen Alicent probably sees Rhaenyra's attempts to hide her shenanigans as the thing that got her father shitcanned, fair or not. That combined with her being completely isolated and knowing her kids are going to be pitted against Rhaenyra, who she can't trust anymore, made everything come to a head for her.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

royce guy confronts matt daemon over dead wife, calls it suspicious, makes an outright accusation

daemon mentions inheritance and that royce is now his vassal

royce is blindsided and sits down

if he's totally unaware of inheritance law, why does he find the death suspicious?? this is very stupid and seems like something that could have been written more skillfully

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i say swears online posted:

royce guy confronts matt daemon over dead wife, calls it suspicious, makes an outright accusation

if he's totally unaware of inheritance law, why does he find the death suspicious?? this is very stupid and seems like something that could have been written more skillfully
yeah agreed. that was pretty dumb. it’s continually a thing in this show that inheritance is at the front of people’s minds. this scene “just sort of forgets” that

Caros
May 14, 2008

My best guess.

He didn't expect Daemon to show up. Once he did, he goes up in anger to basically accuse Daemon and is shut down by the fact that yes, h did just slander the king's brother in front of the king.

But instead of getting substantively offended (like a normal person would if you accused them of murdering their wife) Daemon coldly just points out "Oh yeah, by the way, I get all her stuff."

It isn't that he doesn't know this, it is that he's just sort of dumbstruck by the sheer balls of the rear end in a top hat. Like if you're talking to a guy about how you think he murdered his wife and he starts talking to you about how he expects the life insurance money on friday.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Daemon has tried to marry at least two other people and can’t stop bringing up the fact that Aegon had multiple wives to anyone who will listen, he has other motives besides inheritance.

Starks fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 19, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Glad to see this show finally got around to what all palace dramas need: really stupid dancing

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Daemon's on a quest to find a wife that makes his dick work.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Starks posted:

Daemon has tried to marry at least two other people and can’t stop bringing up the fact that Aegon had multiple wives to anyone who will listen, he has other motives besides inheritance.

yeah, i got the impression that Daemon has mostly ignored his wife and that whole region. the cousin might have not expected him to bother with any of it

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Raise your hand if Matt Smith reminded you of Spike from Buffy on this episode.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Couple things I noticed in this week's preview that we didn't see in the show. Maybe scenes yet to happen that were accidently thrown into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVKdBB9aF_8

Rematch between Ser Criston and Daemon('s stunt double)?

Chemtrailologist fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 19, 2022

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I appreciate the use spoiler tags for the next ep preview stuff so far, hope that trend sticks around for this thread, I know some of the other threads can be kind of bad about it.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
oh my god quote is not edit.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Raise your hand if Matt Smith reminded you of Spike from Buffy on this episode.

I didn't but now that you mention it...

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
The worst tv trope of all time is "person somehow figures out an important secret through telepathy and is also 100% certain their telepathy is correct" and they went with it with this episode. Great episode other than that, but man I really hate that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
They have done such a good job on Viserys' makeup episode to episode.