Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Corbeau posted:

There are so many ways that crystalline conflicts brings out the worst in the stock UI, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a big chunk of dedicated pvp players use UI mods. The lack of support for smartcasting or good click-based targeting via nameplate is constantly frustrating. If it didn't require trusting a third party launcher I'd do it myself in a nanosecond.

Yeah, maybe.

The official forums just seem to have a post saying this, as far as related content goes:

quote:

Following an investigation at the conclusion of the tournament we discovered that an individual on the winning team, Sweet Dolla Tea, engaged in activities that were in violation of tournament rules. For this reason, the team has been disqualified and their prize will instead be awarded to the next team in line, team Skill Issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Anyone know what happened in the CC tournament with “Sweet Dolla Tea”? Saw this on the Revival Discord:

I feel mentor being stripped means being shitheads. If it was third party programs they'd just be suspended or banned.

or is that a mentor status within the discord group itself?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 18, 2022

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hazardousmouse posted:

I feel mentor being stripped means being shitheads. If it was third party programs they'd just be suspended or banned.

or is that a mentor status within the discord group itself?

yeah, it's within the Revival discord

found this:

quote:

First place team broke the rules with an account share during the event. This is against the rules. They got DQd when SE investigated.

but I don't know how reliable. Others have mentioned wintrading (but between the DQ'd team and the one that was then deemed the winner, so that doesn't make much sense), and "matchmaking manipulation", which I also don't understand.

Hmm, hmm!

E: and apparently they got account-banned off FFXIV?

EE: OK, so this "Shib" player apparently got banned previously for wintrading, then begged and was unbanned for this tournament, and then did the account-sharing thing with someone not on their roster (and got IP checked by SE staff). Pretty sure that's it. Pretty sure.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 18, 2022

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022
55 runs of dancing plague and not a single wing im dying over here

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Pyp posted:

55 runs of dancing plague and not a single wing im dying over here

Surely you've been greed rolling and desynthing the weapons?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Don't forget to spend your totems too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

.. how stupid do you have to be to do account sharing, get banned, get unbanned, and then do it during an official S-E tournament?

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022

Thundarr posted:

Surely you've been greed rolling and desynthing the weapons?

yes!! even doing that im still not getting it. used up all my good rng on getting mounts ig

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ImpAtom posted:

.. how stupid do you have to be to do account sharing, get banned, get unbanned, and then do it during an official S-E tournament?

initial ban was for wintrading, I believe, so at least they're mixing it up

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

pvp really gets those brain worms wigglin'

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've done some serious grinding this weekend

https://twitter.com/regy_rusty/status/1571654659189751809

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Just buy your fish off the market board and trade them in until you hit 90 like the rest of us

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really wish they had added more stuff to spend PVP Crystals on. I don't like leaving them sitting there while I'm trying to get to the fun prizes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Kashuno posted:

Just buy your fish off the market board and trade them in until you hit 90 like the rest of us

I have to imagine there's, like, three people actually good at fishing and they make millions off every single other player buying their way to level 90

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

YggiDee posted:

I have to imagine there's, like, three people actually good at fishing and they make millions off every single other player buying their way to level 90

at least 3

https://twitter.com/zucchini_loaf/status/1571646421379743744?s=20&t=BtpUrC78if41Htx-x0d8og

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I will never unlock Fisher. I know that if I have the ability to actually look at my fishing log that I will not be able to stop myself from trying to finish it. So it's best to not even have it openable.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alxprit posted:

I will never unlock Fisher. I know that if I have the ability to actually look at my fishing log that I will not be able to stop myself from trying to finish it. So it's best to not even have it openable.

That means no shark mount for you.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

I really wish they had added more stuff to spend PVP Crystals on. I don't like leaving them sitting there while I'm trying to get to the fun prizes.

There are some Orchestron rolls and portrait frames and one minion if you're not interested in "AF gear that looks just slightly off".

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
fishing is nice and chill + just never approach it as something you need to finish Right Now.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I fish for materials I need for food, sometimes for custom deliveries (rarely, I'll always do a miner/botanist bonus if possible if I want gatherer scrip), and to level to 90. Otherwise I pretty much just let it be.

Oh, and spearfishing is a good way to collect moonlight aethersand, which is very much needed for mass crafting food/infusions in this tier.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

yeah I "Finished" ocean fishing and hit 90, i will never mess with the log

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

This dungeon seems tough.

I got invited to the wedding of someone I met while ocean fishing, figured I might as well. Entered chronicler mode, so here's a summary if you never have the opportunity or inclination.

The wedding hall is reserved in two-hour blocks and there's a timer running during the event, but like most instances you'd need to actively try and run it out. The bride and groom have an item to hurry the ceremony along when it pauses for input. The wedding party accumulates on the steps (I showed up half an hour early and there were already a dozen people), and can move inside anytime within the allotted time. The audience is placed in a small pre-show hall while the couple gets ready, then moved to the larger hall for cutscenes.

The couple walks down the aisle while the assembled revelers clap politely. The ceremony, officiated by a moogle, goes through some auto-dialog and then the ceremony pauses to allow the couple to say any vows they have prepared. There is then a mystical exchanging of rings.

And of course if you're wearing the gloves the ring doesn't show up.

A bit more auto-dialog, and it's time for the kiss. How, you might be wondering, do they handle a kiss between the possibly very disparate heights a couple might have?

Moogle magic, kupo! I wonder if those large symbols of the Twelve flanking the altar are literally the only place your patron deity choice matters. After the kiss the floor is opened for group shots and congratulatory emotes. A large number of Rising consumables were used.

Finally, the happy couple walks back down the aisle to further applause, the doors close behind them, and the entire party is plopped in a single spot outside the chapel.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's pretty nice.

Deciding not to get a wedding invitation when some guy was randomly handing his out is my biggest in-game regret.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There should be an option the couple can secretly select that causes a boss to come crashing through the ceiling and the entire party has to fight it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

1stGear posted:

There should be an option the couple can secretly select that causes a boss to come crashing through the ceiling and the entire party has to fight it.

The couple has to say their vows during it and they have to land the final hit with a limit break that's literally just the ending to G Gundam.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

yeah I "Finished" ocean fishing and hit 90, i will never mess with the log

ocean fishing owns and getting to 80 (pre-ew) took like a day and a half of leisurely ocean fishing. everything else was farming the marketboard, with the exception of a couple of job quests that required actual fishing <:mad:>

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Got mine today :)

https://twitter.com/ArtThouBored/status/1571651234310000641?s=20&t=9SVAm-6a6chwwERsHHRy0g

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

That's pretty nice.

Deciding not to get a wedding invitation when some guy was randomly handing his out is my biggest in-game regret.

The wedding party favors are quite good... the Bridesmoogle

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Welcome to the League of Big Fishers. I bestow upon you the title of <Big Fish>.

Now get back to fishing, there's still ocean fishing blues to catch.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I only just got around to doing Pandæmonium these last two days and the music is strongly reminding me of Persona.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

Welcome to the League of Big Fishers. I bestow upon you the title of <Big Fish>.

Now get back to fishing, there's still ocean fishing blues to catch.

Why thank you!

And oh I have them already lol. My luck with Cinder has been extremely bad, so it seems like I'm a newbie fisher but I'm definitely not.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Huh I figured the chapel weddings were purely an RP/chat thing (albeit with official support), not that they actually designed a whole interior space for that. That's cute.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I got Fisher from 80 to 90 solely off of waiting Davidaipa spawns early in Endealker :v:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

to add to wedding chat, there's a bunch of stuff the couple can customize including the option to fly into the chapel on a big golden chariot, accompanied by moogles. you can change the color of the decorations and flowers.

and you can set the music.

one of the music options is the Hildebrand theme.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

to add to wedding chat, there's a bunch of stuff the couple can customize including the option to fly into the chapel on a big golden chariot, accompanied by moogles. you can change the color of the decorations and flowers.

and you can set the music.

one of the music options is the Hildebrand theme.

Importantly another music option is papaya.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Note Block posted:

Why thank you!

And oh I have them already lol. My luck with Cinder has been extremely bad, so it seems like I'm a newbie fisher but I'm definitely not.

I now shake my fist at you in jealousy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

Importantly another music option is papaya.

when do they add this option for the wedding dance

https://clips.twitch.tv/RealLazyRatNerfRedBlaster-XUPy6V2Thm3myca_

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I'm super annoyed that I missed the Egg window today. Next window isn't for another 2 weeks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My only problem with the fishing RNG is in the job quests, at least starting in HW. Of course the flipside of that is you level super fast just from fishing long enough to get the fish you were supposed to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Yeah fishing is like the fastest gatherer to level imo. You actually get a good amount of xp from just fishing.