Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Crescent Wrench posted:

Agreed. His stuff was terrible and didn't fit the criteria of the thread (at least the one I remember seeing his posts in) and the fact that he had so many defenders baffled me.

Like, I was enjoying it for a while, but it just got stupid and gross, especially when the redheaded fairy immortal crazy girl showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Didn't I just watch this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJiHaVuZuHg

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Stairs posted:

Like, I was enjoying it for a while, but it just got stupid and gross, especially when the redheaded fairy immortal crazy girl showed up.

I never got that far, I got to where he was featuring his very hot, pregnant wife and bounced. The Tandy stories were creepy though. I still have the It is a Mystery.pdf and some of those stories still creep me out years later. Tar Lady, Wife Doppelganger, Rotting Meat, Telephone Man, Goatman, etc...

The one I think about a lot is the clown shoes story. I'm not sure if it's in the pdf but I read it here and it's stayed with me. Because that is some hosed up poo poo and I would have reacted exactly the same as the protagonist did.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CinemamindDavid/status/1488709942014009347

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Painting I just bought that I just love but it also creeps me out.

The eyes

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
you willingly brought that into your house, don't complain to us in a month when your pets are missing and you find yourself losing hours of memory each day

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That looks like something a dusty old man would motion to over the mantel while saying "my lost beloved..."

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Congrats on your painting that's straight from Clive Barker's Undying

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
serious post: I actually really agree that it's a very striking painting as much as it's creepy and as a fellow collector of spooky poo poo I approve.

also serious post: I'm just gonna end this movie early and tell your family to get out of the house before the snowstorm seals them in with you just as the spirit takes hold of you fully

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I really do love that painting but yeah that lady 100% crawls out of the canvas and watches you sleep at night.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
She'll be competing with this one

And this one

I got a lot of weird poo poo in my place.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Oh so you’re like a haunt warden keeping all the spookies contained well that’s ok then

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Can’t have a haunted house problem if all the ghosts are trapped in one person’s house.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Bussamove posted:

Can’t have a haunted house problem if all the ghosts are trapped in one person’s house.

It seems to come with its own set of problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1JrzODWfN8

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The ectoplasms interfere with each other so each additional ghost actually makes it a stronger prison

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

When all the ghosts try to manifest in the same doorway

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

christmas boots posted:

Oh so you’re like a haunt warden keeping all the spookies contained well that’s ok then

He/she is keeping scp's from killing us all

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Nah, Bedroom Eyes Kenny Rogers and Lady Di are keeping them entertained

Like I said, lots of weird poo poo

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

widefault posted:

I hope you keep all this cursed art in one place, to concentrate it's power.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

An estranged niece is going to inherit your estate when you die and find themselves immersed in supernatural painting terror when they discover your collection and accidentally break The Seal.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

mycatscrimes posted:

I hope you keep all this cursed art in one place, to concentrate it's power.
Just one room, bare except for every inch of wall covered by paintings and in the center a chair

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

World Famous W posted:

Just one room, bare except for every inch of wall covered by paintings and in the center a chair

I thought I closed the curtains...

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

widefault posted:

Holy poo poo I love all of these paintings.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DreadUnknown posted:

Holy poo poo I love all of these paintings.

yea I very unironically love your decor taste just from this tiny glimpse, widefault.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Bussamove posted:

An estranged niece is going to inherit your estate when you die and find themselves immersed in supernatural painting terror when they discover your collection and accidentally break The Seal.

Well, she won’t inherit the estate unless she spends a full night in The Painting Room.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ariong posted:

Well, she won’t inherit the estate unless she spends a full night in The Painting Room.

"Got trapped in a painting, eh?"

tsk tsk tsk...

"I'd expected so much more of you. Your mother was always so... in Command, of the Paintings."

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

"Got trapped in a painting, eh?"

tsk tsk tsk...

"I'd expected so much more of you. Your mother was always so... in Command, of the Paintings."

"Then she got too comfortable, and well..." *gestures to the wall over the fireplace*

Edit to add that it runs in my family. This is at the bottom of the stairs in my parents basement. Lifesized!

widefault has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Sep 5, 2022

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

widefault posted:

"Then she got too comfortable, and well..." *gestures to the wall over the fireplace*

Edit to add that it runs in my family. This is at the bottom of the stairs in my parents basement. Lifesized!

I would hope your parents basement is life sized. Be a useless basement if it was doll sized or what ever.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

I would hope your parents basement is life sized. Be a useless basement if it was doll sized or what ever.

What if their parents are haunted dolls?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Inceltown posted:

Great, now you got me eyeballing that image and seeing everything in it as miniature. This is like tilt-shift photography of the mind.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

widefault posted:

The eyes

Overly-Attached Painted Girlfriend.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

Overly-Attached Painted Girlfriend.

"So you're going to hang me in your apartment, right? Right?

Yay! It's going to be so great. Also my parents are on exhibit in a local gallery, and I want you to view them."

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/horror4kids/status/1566412848753950723?s=20&t=J5VAxm0R0KZyC7TizrCHEw

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

widefault posted:

I got a lot of weird poo poo in my place.

Just slowly converting your entire home into an overwritten horror-themed walking simulator where the monster is a metaphor for anxiety, as an aesthetic

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/rich_lord/status/1567201911333593088?s=20&t=kWUWPmLDr7zrYqAsK0HJTA

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

widefault posted:

The eyes

It's like if Phoebe from friends discovered Adderall.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oh gently caress you! (That's awesome)