Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

th3t00t posted:

Yacovailoa. I’ve never seen so many passes behind the line of scrimmage.

The one bomb to Tyreek was nice.

Huh. Don't see anything about length of passes. Must have misread it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is the best thread on the forums

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Are they? Are they scared? Or are they just trying to minimize the chance for re-injuring a knee that's literally still healing. He said he'd be ready for Pittsburgh in W4. Let's see.

From what I've read he isn't a high risk of reinjuring his knee based on the kind of injury he had and we've seen him move around fine. Though the way the Jets handle injuries is consistently horrible so who knows.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The Hill thing was 100% location. He's from Miami. Maybe taxes were a factor too.

It's also because the Jets are a laughing stock with the league's longest postseason drought.

You know, like all the things you were saying about the franchise last week.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Ehud posted:

this is the best thread on the forums

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

It's also because the Jets are a laughing stock with the league's longest postseason drought.

You know, like all the things you were saying about the franchise last week.

Unfortunately the Jets didn't clinch a playoff berth yesterday lol. Also, if Hill really was worried about the prestige of the franchise he was playing for he wouldn't have left one of the best franchises in the NFL...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 19, 2022

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mrw dad lets me get in the car instead of walking home

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

Unfortunately the Jets didn't clinch a playoff berth yesterday lol. Also, if Hill really was worried about the prestige of the franchise he was playing for he wouldn't have left one of the best franchises in the NFL...

I tend to agree it wasn't prestige. But, Miami offered a trip home, better tax situation, and the contract he wanted. Jets could only do one of those.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

torgeaux posted:

I tend to agree it wasn't prestige. But, Miami offered a trip home, better tax situation, and the contract he wanted. Jets could only do one of those.

What could be more prestigious than the only undefeated season in NFL history?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I watched a lot of the first half of the Phins game but missed pretty much the entire second half. I have a hard time deciding if it's funnier watching Tua throw on the run or Mac face a 3rd and 7.

But, like, to shake off a half that was so bad even Ehud gave up on you on the road against a good team is some pretty clutch poo poo. I think this game being a complete fluke is about as likely as it that Tua has turned a corner and is morphing into a legitimate franchise QB. Hill and Waddle obviously make him better, but Ja'Marr Chase, Stefon Diggs, and Travis Kelce obviously make their QBs better, too.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

But, like, to shake off a half that was so bad even Ehud gave up on you on the road against a good team is some pretty clutch poo poo.

I was just coaching him up

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Dang that really was a stellar onside kick by Mann

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hill obviously pops but I really like Waddle as well. Is there a better 1-2 in the nfl, other than diggs and gabriel Davis ofc

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

t a s t e posted:

Hill obviously pops but I really like Waddle as well. Is there a better 1-2 in the nfl, other than diggs and gabriel Davis ofc

The ravens deciding to concentrate on hill gave waddle the opening. Then they tried to cover both, and Hill ate their lunch. Gesicki as a big target on third and at the goal just eats your safeties, too. Won't be surprised to see a decent run game for the fins one day.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

I was just coaching him up

We owe his father an apology.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

t a s t e posted:

In a vacuum (so ignoring how bad the Bengals offense has been so far), Chase/Higgins and Jefferson/Thielen would be up here, right? But Hill/Waddle are obviously in the conversation and maybe even number 1 depending on how large a leap Waddle is taking in year 2.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Ehud posted:

What could be more prestigious than the only undefeated season in NFL history?

He isn't 50 years old, so there's that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Anyway, Bills by a billion.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

Anyway, Bills by a billion.

yeah I fully anticipate getting our poo poo pushed in by your big, goofy QB and pass rushers

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
I didn't get a chance to watch the Pats game yesterday, since I was at the beach, but I just watched the highlights package on YouTube. It was something like 75% failed 3rd downs. My understanding is that pretty perfectly sums up the game.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Jethro posted:

I didn't get a chance to watch the Pats game yesterday, since I was at the beach, but I just watched the highlights package on YouTube. It was something like 75% failed 3rd downs. My understanding is that pretty perfectly sums up the game.

You made the right choice, and yes

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

torgeaux posted:

Huh. Don't see anything about length of passes. Must have misread it.
???" I’ve never seen so many passes behind the line of scrimmage" ??? This is literally a direct comment as to the length of passes.

"Yacavailoa" Do you not understand the nick name?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

th3t00t posted:

idgi?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

th3t00t posted:

???" I’ve never seen so many passes behind the line of scrimmage" ??? This is literally a direct comment as to the length of passes.

"He threw a lot behind the LOS.".

"No, he didn't."

"Look at these 22 short passes, 15 of which are past the LOS!"

Nope, no goal post moving there.

I apologize unreservedly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

haljordan posted:

Dang that really was a stellar onside kick by Mann

Every single jet fan wanted Mann cut after week 1 and that was a very defensible opinion IMO and then he has a perfect onside kick, a great punt and a great throw on a fake punt yesterday heh. Weird poo poo happens in the NFL.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 19, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Whereas the Dolphins have a history of succe- oh wait...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

how do you know you aren't reading this upside down?

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Bills fins week three gonna be must watch

This thread during that time span a must post

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Hill thing was 100% location. He's from Miami. Maybe taxes were a factor too.

This is false it turns out

It was 💰

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 19, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

yeah I fully anticipate getting our poo poo pushed in by your big, goofy QB and pass rushers

Yup Miami can’t hang with Buffalo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is false it turns out

It was 💰

The Jets were apparently offering a similar contract as the Dolphins were.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The prospects of the 2022 Dolphins have always been brighter than the prospects of the 2022 Jets but I get that you've probably been wanting to post this image for a while.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I meant the 💰 we gave to actual good coaches and used to upgrade a cool stadium that made him pick the clearly superior dolphins

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The Jets were apparently offering a similar contract as the Dolphins were.

Same contract still equals more money without Florida state taxes.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Bills will hit 15 playoff wins since 2000 soon enough four straight Superbowl wins incoming....

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's jerseys who would wear jets green over dolphin teal given the choice

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo he called it

https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/1571562613623881736?s=46&t=9b8-D0SmaOIQoFxGNly5Ng

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Same contract still equals more money without Florida state taxes.

Yeah I mentioned that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yup Miami can’t hang with Buffalo

The Bills will lose close next week, then beat them handily later in the season setting up a playoff rubber match