Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
HOly loving poo poo this ICW show is goddamn insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

ICW was a bloodbath tonight

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ it was nuts. One of the bloodiest shows they've had in a while. During Hoodfoots match I kept waiting for that cut on his arm to open up again. I don't mind blood and cuts but that chair shot SLADE did was nauseating.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah too exciting. I had to sit on ice cubes.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Hell yeah! DEFY's finally on FITE

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1569352812257243136

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Monday Night Death was a good show if you enjoy garbage house wrestling.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

TheJunkyardGod posted:

I know you said not south jersey but H2O is probably only 30 minutes outside of Philly and there's also a post Chikara company in Lehigh Valley that has alot of those wrestlers.

I was living by Lansdale, now I'm closer to Hatboro. The only H20 arena show I've been to was a weeknight and it was a bit exhausting going out there and getting back after working all day. I've been to a bunch of the LVAC shows, and it's the same issue that it's a bit of a hike when it's a weeknight. I was dead on my feet for the ending of Bash at the Brewery and then I had to drive home. I was hoping maybe I was missing something and there was someone running shows in Philly, but no luck I guess.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

Monday Night Death was a good show if you enjoy garbage house wrestling.

Does it have Struggles and Ron Niemi on commentary and is there building hot and/or are there inebriated fans?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

Does it have Struggles and Ron Niemi on commentary and is there building hot and/or are there inebriated fans?

Struggles was there. I think Ron had a date with LSD. Fans were too entertained to act a fool.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Last night i felt like my mask was dissolving it was so hot

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

If anyone has independentwrestling tv sub, the Ask MDK vids on the GCW channel are hilarious.

Host:

"Our next question from twitter user XYZ:
Hey Nick, what is your favorite ice cream flavor?"

Nick Gage:
*15 seconds of silence*
What the gently caress kind of question is that?

Then the host eventually pries it out of him and in case anyone was wondering, his fav flavor is vanilla

It's really funny watching Nick just be absolutely miserable answering the dumbest twitter questions.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1571839923526991873
ugh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not sure if I'm less interested in wasting Takeda on Shlak or wasting Stronghearts on the exceedingly dull Jordan Oliver

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I see people groan when Shlak is mentioned and I don't know why

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Even if you ignore the Nazi poo poo he's honestly one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen.. And he's weak as hell, like I've never seen him scoop slam someone without three tries

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Very excited for this stupid match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

I see people groan when Shlak is mentioned and I don't know why

He's the walking example of everything bad about deathmatches, a modern day Mean Mitch Pain or Wifebeater.

I'm sure if anyone can drag him to a watch i enjoy it'd be Takeda but if is on these shows then I'd rather see him against one of the lesser Freedom dudes like Fukki or Mogami or Kamui

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the good news is its got Tekada and if youre watching Tekada youre gonna have a good time

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I’m willing to put up with a fair amount of crap for the sake of seeing Wayne in the ring with Stronghearts.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

So is he like a MASADA or Mr Pogo where you know his style is going to overtake the whole match

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tampa Bae posted:

So is he like a MASADA or Mr Pogo where you know his style is going to overtake the whole match

If we're talking about Shlak, no. MASADA can work when he has to and Mr. Pogo was cool. Neither of those apply to Shlak.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tampa Bae posted:

It just means a bunch of dumb stuff is going to happen, some of it will be botched, some of it will be gruesome and if Shlak tries any power moves they will look really really funny. The perfect match.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

CombineThresher posted:

If we're talking about Shlak, no. MASADA can work when he has to and Mr. Pogo was cool. Neither of those apply to Shlak.
I grew up on FMW, Mr Pogo could not work even when he wanted to. He took like ten bumps during the 90s

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Shlak looks so tough and dangerous but has that giant warhammer 40k (or at least thats what my friend told me it is) face tat, NERD

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

Shlak looks so tough and dangerous but has that giant warhammer 40k (or at least thats what my friend told me it is) face tat, NERD

Yeah it looks like the Chaos Undivided symbol or whatever GW are calling it these days.

Shlak looks like a killer and he comes out looking mean as gently caress and you go ‘holy poo poo what a beast this is going to kick rear end’ and then he starts wrestling and oh no.

This was pretty cool though

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Yeah I agree I think he's got the terrifying image/physique/persona but his actual wrestling is holding him back. In my opinion deathmatch wrestlers are 100x more interesting when there's actual wrestling, and technically competant wrestling. It makes the show better, and allows the match to build before the blood starts flowing heavy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Which is why Masashi Takeda is the best deathmatch wrestler.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Funny how the world works since GCW stopped booking Shlak because he was working ICW.

ICW:NHB has canceled their Houston show to run opposition to XPW in NJ.

https://twitter.com/ICWNHB/status/1571944919463501824

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

gently caress Rob Black but also i once watched Shlak fail to powerbomb 100lb Kennedi Copeland three times before giving up

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Big Dave posted:

gently caress Rob Black but also i once watched Shlak fail to powerbomb 100lb Kennedi Copeland three times before giving up

it is weird because he looks pretty ripped but you guys are right when you say he struggles with the lifting, im curious why he cant pick em up lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

he has fake blow up muscles

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
shlak had hands down the worst, but very funny, bloodsport match ever where he bladed himself while he had super beast in a headlock and then took a back body drop and came up gushing, then got DQ'd for biting super beast's toes

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
saw shlak impale someone on a shopping cart because he couldnt get the guy up for a powerbomb fully and almost break either his or his opponents neck trying to do a technical roll up move

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

it is weird because he looks pretty ripped but you guys are right when you say he struggles with the lifting, im curious why he cant pick em up lol

He is gassed to the gills but has no conditioning so he’s tired as poo poo about 30 seconds into any given match.

I just remembered that time he gave some dude a sit out powerbomb onto a filing cabinet and impaled his thigh on one of the drawer dividers lol.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Shlak coming out makes you go "Holy poo poo, someone is going to die!"

Shlak actually wrestling makes you go "Holy poo poo, someone is going to die" but not in a good way

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Middle-Aged Corbin vs. Ancient Glacier

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m sorry did I scroll past Mean Mitch slander in this thread

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

coconono posted:

I'll be honest, I picked a random IWAMS DM regular because I just assumed any deathmatch guys I liked 20 years ago was probably bad, could've just as easily gone for Corporal Robinson or Rollin' Hard. I haven't actually watched any deathmatches from that era since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tampa Bae posted:

I grew up on FMW, Mr Pogo could not work even when he wanted to. He took like ten bumps during the 90s

And still managed to break his neck! Pogo's incredible laziness adds something to his matches, in my opinion. Plus he was pretty cooked by the time he got to FMW - he was much less of a slug in Puerto Rico and smaller US territories before then.

coconono posted:

Mean Mitch sucked but Fat gently caress Barrel Boy was a legend.