Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/1571859284396503040?s=20&t=Ao6tdraU-NyOZ9EG9YKFYg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

torgeaux posted:

"He threw a lot behind the LOS.".

"No, he didn't."

"Look at these 22 short passes, 15 of which are past the LOS!"

Nope, no goal post moving there.

I apologize unreservedly.
You're ignoring the other points I was defending and conflating my defense of "Yacavailoa" with defense of "he threw a lot behind the los".

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Nah, it's going to be DaBalls when he takes the dumpster fire Giants to a division win.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Let’s just move to the playoffs rn

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dolphins did a thing that hasn't happened since the cripples & cowards era of professional football

https://twitter.com/QuirkyResearch/status/1571855929121067008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

The prospects of the 2022 Dolphins have always been brighter than the prospects of the 2022 Jets but I get that you've probably been wanting to post this image for a while.

I have to get my licks in while I can.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

th3t00t posted:

You're ignoring the other points I was defending and conflating my defense of "Yacavailoa" with defense of "he threw a lot behind the los".

[drooling, eyes unfocused, borat voice] Yacavoila, You have broken the rules of good debate, Take this stupid bullshit back to the politics hell zone. gently caress you.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bills won’t be going 17-0 so theres a few embarrassing debacles in store for them. Feels like the Dolphins could do it.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

th3t00t posted:

What was corrected? 22 of 36 completed passes went less than 5 yards in the air. 8 were at or behind the los. It’s basically impossible to get to 469 with that high a ratio of short air yardage passes without a lot of yac.

You say LOS. He posts stats showing where passes were. You give this goal post shifting response. Keep digging man.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The man leech off he good receivers

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Do u think he should kiss them to say thanks. Do u you think he should lay big wet smackeroonies on their lips at the 50 on national tv. Just thinking

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

His dad would shoot him dead

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Mike mcdaniel would walk in playing lil nas x on his phone (iPhone 14 Pro Max) really loud and say it's okay to do that And tua's dad would back down.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it legit seems like McDaniel is trying to undo years of damage from tua's dad

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1571603005996163073?s=20&t=vkNZHotJitrPALUE4Jfz6w

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Phobeste posted:

Mike mcdaniel would walk in playing lil nas x on his phone (iPhone 14 Pro Max) really loud and say it's okay to do that And tua's dad would back down.

Might dick man-iel :wth: :tinfoil:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1571603005996163073?s=20&t=vkNZHotJitrPALUE4Jfz6w

My favorite thing about McDaniel is that roughly half of all football coaches are going to have full on meldowns in private after every game they lose to him, because in their minds they'll take one look and decide he's a pencil necked dweeb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/flavortwnmarket/status/1571884354892173314

bonkers that ej was only like 75% of the way through the drought

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ehud posted:

And Flores. I don't think it can be highlighted enough that Flores hated Tua and was completely open about it in front of the locker room.

Also you guys are all being hilarious today, keep it up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
On the one hand, I would like coaches like McDaniel who have a thoughtful, more personable style that demonstrates emotional intelligence to thrive and get more chances.

But on the hand gently caress the McDaniel Dolphins right in the rear end in a top hat.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
tua sucks lol. baby arm QB with no self esteem. mcdaniel is tight with him because they both got made fun of by cool, handsome jocks with huge arm power like josh allen, so they both operate on the same bitch rear end wavelength. vibrating on the exact same bitch rear end frequency. obviously some athletic difference between the two of them though...mcdaniel has a stronger arm LOL

can't wait to see tua cry next week, literally weeping at the podium after getting his rear end beat. unbelievably stoked to see him get chased down up and down the field as he nervously throws 5-yard bounce passes to his receivers lmfao. kids menu ordering rear end bitch

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

whatis posted:

tua sucks lol. baby arm QB with no self esteem. mcdaniel is tight with him because they both got made fun of by cool, handsome jocks with huge arm power like josh allen, so they both operate on the same bitch rear end wavelength. vibrating on the exact same bitch rear end frequency. obviously some athletic difference between the two of them though...mcdaniel has a stronger arm LOL

can't wait to see tua cry next week, literally weeping at the podium after getting his rear end beat. unbelievably stoked to see him get chased down up and down the field as he nervously throws 5-yard bounce passes to his receivers lmfao. kids menu ordering rear end bitch

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

whatis posted:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

whatis posted:

:sickos:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

whatis posted:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tua is getting better at football and it’s making Buffalo nervous.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

torgeaux posted:

You say LOS. He posts stats showing where passes were. You give this goal post shifting response. Keep digging man.

I said yac, los and one good bomb.

Ehud posts the first tweet that addressed both yac and los. The 2nd tweet shows the one good bomb, so I had no argument with it.

I respond to yac (underlined) and los (bold) in the post you quoted.

"What was corrected? 22 of 36 completed passes went less than 5 yards in the air. 8 were at or behind the los. It’s basically impossible to get to 469 with that high a ratio of short air yardage passes without a lot of yac."

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Anyways.

Lets talk about more important things.

Like how I'm as scared for the Bills of being beaten by Tyreek Hill as I am for pregnant women and 3 year olds.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

whatis posted:

Ehud posted:

this is the best thread on the forums

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Miami matches up really badly with Buffalo. They struggle with mobile qbs (see Jackson, Lamar) and deep pass rush units.

Buffalo will look much like the Ravens, offensively a bit scuffed but will get more than enough points on Allen or Diggs getting a seam and housing it. And they're much less likely to throw it away on D.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just a bunch of white noise out of pure shock and terror that Tuas balls grew 3x this day

Seeing it from the jets and pats fans makes sense. They’re watching futility in real time called the 2022 season. Buffalo being a bit hostile makes me think the rebuild is further along than even I had hoped!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Amy Pole Her posted:

Just a bunch of white noise out of pure shock and terror that Tuas balls grew 3x this day

Seeing it from the jets and pats fans makes sense. They’re watching futility in real time called the 2022 season. Buffalo being a bit hostile makes me think the rebuild is further along than even I had hoped!

The Jets have the second best record in the NFL!!!!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Glad we have Elite Joe Flacco to take the reins.

PFF #5 QB on the season, Joe Flacco.
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1571934720748929024

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 19, 2022

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
2-1 incoming for the jets 😤😤😤

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

whatis posted:

lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lets not forget that sometimes the kids menu, much like the senior menu, is the perfect amount of snackin at a movie theater for a reasonable price. Much like Tua who comes at a reasonable price.

And that movie? The superbowl. The butter on that value priced/sized popcorn? Tyreek Hill and Jaylan Waddle.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Buffalo knows they will fail in the end like they also do and their fans are desperate to identify how, so they’re mentally prepared for it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

whatis posted:

lol only orders from mcdonalds if tyreek can run and get it too scared to drive by himself rear end

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Saleh wouldn't even give a straight answer today on if Wilson is going to play in week 4.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
McDonalds drive thru would put up more of a fight than Marcus Peters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

th3t00t posted:

Here, basically to give a non-biased opinion that feels (to me) a bit more based in reality than your review of the highlights on youtube... the review of an NFL executive reviewing highlights on YouTube

quote:

I sent video clips of each touchdown to an executive who was among the 50 Tiers voters this year. His notes:

• TD Pass No. 1, second quarter, 10:58: A simple wide receiver screen to Waddle here, delivered accurately enough — the sort of play quarterbacks make routinely. Hill’s presence on the field drew attention away from Waddle.

• TD Pass No. 2, third quarter, 7:57: Third-and-goal from the 14. The Ravens have no one in position to blitz and drop nine in coverage. This makes two outcomes most likely. Tagovailoa will either throw short of the goal line, hoping his receiver can fight his way into the end zone, or he’ll scramble and try to find someone. Neither of these outcomes materializes, however, as Tagovailoa takes a seven-step drop, stays in the pocket, hitches twice and throws a high pass to Mike Gesicki in the back of the end zone, a throw no one else could have caught. “That is Tier 1 all the way,” the exec texted regarding this play.

• TD Pass No. 3, fourth quarter, 12:12: Third-and-goal from the 2. The Ravens are in position to bring pressure. Tagovailoa spins away from trouble up. His center, beaten on the play, circles back to pick off the greatest threat to his quarterback. Tagovailoa, after spinning left, throws accurately in the end zone to receiver River Cracraft, who had hustled across the field to bail out his QB. “Like a young Aaron Rodgers,” the exec texted regarding Tagovailoa on this play.

• TD Pass No. 4, fourth quarter, 7:54: Third-and-10 from the plus-48. Tagovailoa takes a seven-step drop, hitches twice, slides to avoid the rush and underthrows Hill, who gathers the ball and scores anyway.

• TD Pass No. 5, fourth quarter, 5:27: Third-and-6 from the minus-40. Tagovailoa looks off the free safety. Baltimore busts the coverage. It’s a 60-yard touchdown for Hill and a nice job by Tagovailoa, but nothing spectacular.

• TD Pass No. 6, fourth quarter, 0:19: Second-and-goal from the 7. Tagovailoa spots the open A-gap, steps through it and makes what the exec called an unbelievable toss to Waddle for the winning touchdown. “Half the time the DB knocks this way, a quarter of the time the DB picks it off, but (Tua) strong-arms it in there. Look how quick his release was. Two steps on the scramble, he throws it 2 inches above the DB’s fingertips, knowing his guy can make a play. Another Tier 1-type play.”

No one, including this exec, thinks Tagovailoa is suddenly a Tier 1 quarterback. But whatever Tagovailoa becomes in the future, it’s true that even mid-tier quarterbacks can make upper-tier plays when the weaponry and offensive play designer/caller are working in their favor. And that was the case for Tagovailoa on Sunday, unlike in the past, when Miami had more offensive coordinators (two last season) than elite weapons on the perimeter.

“This was a complete outlier beyond what I thought his skillset was,” the exec said, noting that four of the six TDs fell on third down, when passing is most difficult.

Snippet from an Athletic Article today.