Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Another absolutely miserable day for my stable. My style of fantasy sumo is falling off harder than Mitakeumi.

Marching Powder posted:

I appreciate a drive to let some rank and file guys get some salary increases but if your rank is secure I can't see why you would be doing this rather than rehabbing

Every time he gets off the dohyo he looks like he's in significantly more pain than before. In today's fight with Takayasu it was clear how much he wanted to avoid pressure on that right knee. There were a few points where he gave up winning positions just because the resistance from Takayasu was loving him up.

Also on sanyaku health watch: did it look like Takakeisho had a pretty unhealthy pallor today to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I thought about trading Shodai, but I decided to display gaman and keep him on my team. Even though he's make-koshi and will probably withdraw after today.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Tochinoshin and Hokutofuji with absolute big boy sumo.

Tobizaru also bringing some smart sumo this tournament.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Is Shodai warming up too much?

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Vargatron posted:

I thought about trading Shodai, but I decided to display gaman and keep him on my team. Even though he's make-koshi and will probably withdraw after today.

Ride or Shodai.

I'll probably never pick him again, since he's single-handedly Shodai-ing my score, but I made my bed this basho and I'll sleep in it. All the way down to Fantasy Juryo if need be.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I’m on a Makushita party barge. :smith:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ho

Ku

To

Fu

Ji

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
26 points after today with these bums, feeling alright about my team for once

Y/O: Takakeisho
S/K: Ichinojo
M1-5: Tamawashi
M6-10: Tochinoshin
M11+: Ryuden

i guess maybe an extra one for a KK

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

bartolimu posted:

Ride or Shodai.

I'll probably never pick him again, since he's single-handedly Shodai-ing my score, but I made my bed this basho and I'll sleep in it. All the way down to Fantasy Juryo if need be.

The mistake you made here was picking a Shodai who is safe. He's only a reliable KK when he's kadoban.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Apparently Shodai made history today by being the first ozeki to have a losing score by day 9 :smith:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Apparently Shodai made history today by being the first ozeki to have a losing score by day 9 :smith:

That's our boy, breaking records.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

My team sucks this basho and it's because I had Ryuden and was given a fatal curse.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I swear, Shodai is gonna withdraw. He knows there's no point continuing and subjecting himself to further injury.

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Ben Nerevarine posted:

lol how inglorious

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Shodai gonna rattle of 6 straight wins now to finish with a respectable record

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Ben Nerevarine posted:

lol, that's our Shodai

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ahh I went from last to second and now it looks like I'm plunging down again

Still happy my boy takayasu is getting some licks in though

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

dupersaurus posted:

Is Shodai warming up too much?

I actually saw speculation/rumor on the Midnight sumo chat that he has a shoulder injury, so...

I'm going to assume yes, because it doesn't get more Shodai then getting a shoulder injury from warming up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
my fatal flaw was not picking takayasu for my team because i assumed he was still banged up last basho

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

bartolimu posted:

Ride or Shodai.

Did we just become best friends?

I feel like I’m gunning for worst score ever at this point, but so be it. There is always next basho, and this one has been fun to watch so far.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

hahaha shodai owns so loving much

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Terror is Kyujo so I'm looking to trade for Mitakeumi or is it too late for trades, i'm not insane enough to trade for second choice Shodai not because he wont suddenly turn around and win like 5 matches but because i think he might go kyujo too.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20220920/k10013827211000.html

Terunofuji absent from today.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Kyujo trade Teru for Takakeisho if possible. If not, I guess Mitakeumi will suffice.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Another nokozuna basho.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Takakeisho or Mitakeumi for the absent kneekozuna please.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Aren't kyujo trades in the second week entirely determined by your set of three picks as of this basho? (Thanks to all the covid kyujo last time)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I think of Hokutofuji and Takarafuji as the balancing forces of makekoshi and kachikoshi. Just two dudes bringing equity to 8-7 and 7-8. Hokutofuji has reached into the cosmic void to draw power from Takarafuji and thus the scales must balance.

Also I hope Teru’s finds a miracle cure for his knees because once he’s done, we’re not going to have a yokozuna for a long, long time. Takakeisho is the only ozeki that shows flashes of brilliance anymore.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

Aren't kyujo trades in the second week entirely determined by your set of three picks as of this basho? (Thanks to all the covid kyujo last time)

This is how it should be, imo. The problem with freely choosing replacements after the first week is that you can easily pick up people who've already locked in a KK, and it lets you benefit from kyujo by picking up wrestlers who went on totally unexpected hot streaks, like Hokutofuji coming out with a 9-0.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kyujo trade Terunofuji for Not Shodai, please

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

loving amazing day of bouts, I think this is the best overall day on the clay we've had so far. That Terunofuji vs. Takayasu fight in the musubi-no-ichiban was a goddamn barnburner.

Dead Goon posted:

Trade Request: Am I too late for Day 8? I would like to trade out Ichinojo for Wakatakakage or Daieisho (in that order of preference). Thank you very much!

Sorry, this was submitted after Day 8 bouts had already concluded, so it's past the time for any non-kyujo trading.

Khizan posted:

This is how it should be, imo. The problem with freely choosing replacements after the first week is that you can easily pick up people who've already locked in a KK, and it lets you benefit from kyujo by picking up wrestlers who went on totally unexpected hot streaks, like Hokutofuji coming out with a 9-0.

You mentioned this last basho, and I realize now that I didn't clarify the auto-trading rules I'd been thinking of in between tournaments. I think that you're basically correct, and that auto-trading for kyujo in week two should follow a pre-set card, ideally the original draft card. I think that will be the rule for the next basho, but for this one I'll let people make their requests before processing trades in order. For the next tournament, once the draft is complete you can rearrange your trading card until the start of day 3 or something like that, to give people a chance to set up their contingencies, but then after that that's what'll be used for week 2 trades. In any case, I'll figure out all of the Teru trading tomorrow before posting scores.

Hilariously, no one has Hokutofuji, so no one benefited from his Day 8 kachi-koshi. It'll be really funny if he wins the dang thing.

Day 9 standings

Makuuchi
code:
30	Banana Canada
30	Jobbo_Fett
30	Netsky
29	Charles Gnarwin
29	Communist Thoughts
29	Crusty Nutsack
29	Eli949
29	Mode 7
29	Takuan
28	Saturnine Aberrance
28	Thauros
27.5	bartolimu
27	anakha
27	bessantj
27	Khizan
27	MyChemicalImbalance
27	scripterror
26.5	jmzero
26	Ice Phisherman
26	Lid
26	Marching Powder
26	NuclearPotato
26	Tochiazuma
26	pseudodragon
25	Iron Chef Nex
24.5	Flinger
24	Kenning
24	whats for dinner
23.5	Vargatron
23	Everyones Favorite Poster
22	Fluffdaddy
22	S.W.O.R.D. Agent
22	Tiny Bug Child
21	Neodoomium
20.5	GoatSeeGuy
19	Teddybear
18.5	Chinook
18	Robviously
14.5	ullerrm
13.5	sivad
Juryo
code:
29	Gaghskull
29	Helianthus Annuus
28	ilmucche
26	Ben Nerevarine
26	MalarkeyToboggan
26	Pakled
26	KungFu Grip
25	Lexorin
25	LlamaTrauma
25	Maigius
25	ratmosphere
23.5	oldskool
23	Brut
23	Kuros
22.5	Liquid Communism
22.5	Log082
22.5	PJ
22	Boogalo
21.5	Enfys
21	Akiosan
20.5	Biosys
20	Dead Goon
19	Xerzes
17.5	Mekchu
17.5	QuasiQuack
17.5	rare Magic card l00k
14.5	Bentai

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Trade Request: Terunofuji for Takakeisho or Mitakeumi, that order preferred, then.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

lol the way I'm plummeting down the rankings

Kyujo Trade Request: Terunofuji for Takakeisho, Mitakeumi or Shodai in that order

Kenning posted:

Hilariously, no one has Hokutofuji, so no one benefited from his Day 8 kachi-koshi. It'll be really funny if he wins the dang thing.

This would be the best.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
https://twitter.com/teragram_oen/status/1571779825681190913?s=46&t=sLRfRhBgXsze7vIguABihA

:hmmyes:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Kawazoe did the thing!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Man, Tamawashi is on a tear this basho. 9-1, and he's already beaten the yokozuna, all three ozeki, and all three sekiwake.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Kenning posted:

Sorry, this was submitted after Day 8 bouts had already concluded, so it's past the time for any non-kyujo trading.

drat time-zones, I was very confused when making my request!

Is kyujo replacement done automatically, as Terunofuji is broken?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Good call, twitter :lol:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I’ve been so consistently impressed by Tobizaru’s sumo. He’s definitely an ACTIVE rikishi, but it feels like he’s come a long way from the rodeo clown performance we got vs Hakuho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

KyujoTrade Request: Terunofuji for Takakeisho preferably or Mitakeumi