Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

daemon brooding in the brothel because his wife is actually much cooler than him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Sentinel Red posted:

Also, what the gently caress was Matt Daemon complaining about, his wife seemed way cooler than the average Westorsi noble. Dumbass.

I was saying that, then "oh...that's not what you want."

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Xiahou Dun posted:

Do you usually harass people like this.

I do not have answers for what this hypothetical person should think. Why would I have this knowledge from just having a concern. If I didn’t read the books I, personally, would have guessed it might be that and then would have taken a screenshot to check with someone else to confirm. Which would be annoying.

It was not my intent to harass, I just wanted you to think about why the writers put that dialog in. I can't think of a single other thing a typical viewer might interpret the reference of green to be, other than the dress. I could very well be wrong. But if you can't either, maybe revise your opinion instead of being so defensive about it?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

It was not my intent to harass, I just wanted you to think about why the writers put that dialog in. I can't think of a single other thing a typical viewer might interpret the reference of green to be, other than the dress. I could very well be wrong. But if you can't either, maybe revise your opinion instead of being so defensive about it?
It’s obviously odd that two people are suddenly talking about the color green. And yes, one might infer it has something to do with the character who just entered the room. But if you can’t actually see the color green how the heck do you know what specific thing they’re referring to?

I don’t think the creators did this as a gently caress you to colorblind people but you guys are really lovely to insist that obviously, clearly, definitively this was not confusing to a colorblind person. What the gently caress.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lmao

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Jerkface posted:

daemon brooding in the brothel because his wife is actually much cooler than him

True and funny.

It's a shame her role was to die immediately because I was sold on her in the single scene she got.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Do I know someone could be confused? Yes.

Do I know all of their internal thoughts? No.

I don’t see what’s hard about this.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Kinda rushed through the previous 2 unread pages…

Thoughts on Daemon spooking the horse so easily: he’s a champion level member of the equestrian warrior class. A goddam knight. He knows everything about horses and how to gently caress with an enemy’s horse. The moment he tried grab the horse’s bit and bridle I knew he would try to flip it on her.

Thoughts on Cole being able to walk away from killing another knight during a wedding celebration: as was demonstrated earlier with the teen noble boy ganking the older bully noble boy, Westeros is still at a stage where it’s an expectation that young men will kill each other during otherwise benign social activities. Everybody is going assume this was a “talk poo poo, get hit” interaction and move on with their lives. Also, as noted, Kingsguard are like 007s and pretty free license to murder as they deem necessary.

Also, keep in mind, everybody in this wedding is piss-rear end wine drunk and making dumb decisions and talking poo poo. Everybody but Cole, who is stone sober and thus all more terrifying for losing his poo poo like that.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Vegetable posted:

It’s obviously odd that two people are suddenly talking about the color green. And yes, one might infer it has something to do with the character who just entered the room. But if you can’t actually see the color green how the heck do you know what specific thing they’re referring to?

I don’t think the creators did this as a gently caress you to colorblind people but you guys are really lovely to insist that obviously, clearly, definitively this was not confusing to a colorblind person. What the gently caress.

I guess you just have to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the colourblind aren't the dumbest goddamned people on earth.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

LegionAreI posted:

So is Lyonel Strong as good of a guy as he's coming off? He seems to be the only one who has any brains in the entire show.

poor dude is desperately trying to keep this system which has been stable-ish for 150 years from imploding under the weight of how stupid/horny/stupidly horny its current dynastic line has proven to be

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

thinking about how funny it was when Uncle Dameon was like let's MO on the dancefloor at his nieces rehearsal dinner

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

a few colorblind apologist extremists raging atm

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think I've got enough to render my judgment. All the horrors to come are 50% Otto's fault and 50% Viseys' fault.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Otto is a pure honest man

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Do movies and TV shows generally point out and explain important colour choices?

Not saying they shouldn't, I just don't know whether it's a thing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

Otto is a pure honest man

Exactly what I'd expect from a colorblindophobic

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[crying] when are they gonna get to the dragon's house?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

stev posted:

Do movies and TV shows generally point out and explain important colour choices?

But they DID point it out and explain it! That's why the scene was so hamfisted and we have no idea wtf Xiahou is talking about

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

LegionAreI posted:

So is Lyonel Strong as good of a guy as he's coming off? He seems to be the only one who has any brains in the entire show.

He seems like a good and smart advisor, but not particularly cunning or driven as some other Hands we know of. He kind of just stood there while Viserys and Corlys were negotiating.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

PostNouveau posted:

I think I've got enough to render my judgment. All the horrors to come are 50% Otto's fault and 50% Viseys' fault.

it's all Jaeharys' fault for choosing Viserys over Rhaenys but not realizing he'd feel v. guilty about it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pattonesque posted:

it's all Jaeharys' fault for choosing Viserys over Rhaenys but not realizing he'd feel v. guilty about it

It's all Maegor's fault for not killing Jaehaerys when he had the chance.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It's all the First One's fault

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chemtrailologist posted:

I guess you just have to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the colourblind aren't the dumbest goddamned people on earth.

Look at this guy pretending this isn’t the subforum that gave us “I acquit”

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

Do you usually harass people like this.

I do not have answers for what this hypothetical person should think. Why would I have this knowledge from just having a concern. If I didn’t read the books I, personally, would have guessed it might be that and then would have taken a screenshot to check with someone else to confirm. Which would be annoying.

TVIV always delivering

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Brigadier Sockface posted:

TVIV always delivering

:hmmyes:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

stev posted:

That entire discussion is really weird. The entire show could be shot in black and white, and you would still know the dress is green because of the dialog. Clearly the "clunky exposition" is not clunky enough because even when you hit people over the head with something, they still don't know what you are talking about.

Alicent HIGHTOWER makes an entrance to the event that stops the king mid-sentence, and everyone turns to look at her, and the camera lingers, then we cut to a guy who says do you know what color the HIGHTOWERs flash when they are going to war? And people still think you can interpret that as a random conversation that has no relationship to the HIGHTOWER on screen. How do people watch anything if they can't make that connection?

That's why you have to be careful when reading criticism of shows, because you can't even be sure that people making those criticisms even know what is going on.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

That entire discussion is really weird. The entire show could be shot in black and white, and you would still know the dress is green because of the dialog. Clearly the "clunky exposition" is not clunky enough because even when you hit people over the head with something, they still don't know what you are talking about.

Alicent HIGHTOWER makes an entrance to the event that stops the king mid-sentence, and everyone turns to look at her, and the camera lingers, then we cut to a guy who says do you know what color the HIGHTOWERs flash when they are going to war? And people still think you can interpret that as a random conversation that has no relationship to the HIGHTOWER on screen. How do people watch anything if they can't make that connection?

That's why you have to be careful when reading criticism of shows, because you can't even be sure that people making those criticisms even know what is going on.

Most people are complete dumbasses op. me and us included

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i fixed the scene

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

glad we have an expert here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

alright y'all i watched the episode on mute without subtitles and i've got a theory: alicent was expressing her envy at rhaenyra marrying that sweet hunk laenor

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

That DICK! posted:

i fixed the scene

yo isnt that mrs targaryen tho, i thought this woman is married to ser rots a lot

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

mrs hightower's dress is mike's voice

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Are Queens a Mrs? Or is is just Queen then

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Mrs. Queen Alicent Hightower-Targaryen

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

From the previews it looks like next week is the one where Viserys establishes that to maintain her position as heir Rhaenyra must re-take and pass grades K through 12

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
If the LOST threads of old have taught me anything, it's that goons are terrible TV watchers.

Also, this was probably my favorite episode to date.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Mrs. Schraeder's everything is purple

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kazzah posted:

Mrs. Schraeder's everything is purple

They're loving minerals

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

If the LOST threads of old have taught me anything, it's that goons are terrible TV watchers.

Also, this was probably my favorite episode to date.

between this and comparing the crab people to the taliban i think that poster is just trolling

there should be like a TVIV hall of fame for the dumbest tv watching moments. LOST would be at least two of them (shannon stabbed, the ending) but then you got The Office I aquit and TWD cannibals. Oh and that one poster from the Dexter thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

That DICK! posted:

From the previews it looks like next week is the one where Viserys establishes that to maintain her position as heir Rhaenyra must re-take and pass grades K through 12

Rhaenyra: so the throne is mine but I don't care about making friends or allies and foreseeing long-term consequences elude me

Principal: Ms. Targaryen, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard