Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its pretty fun zoomin' and hyperbloomin' with Keqing

What’s the hyperbloom team you’ve been running? I’ve had Yae/Bloomine/Kokomi/Kaz but it gets kinda messy with the amount of reactions. Also I’m always down for an excuse to play Keqing. Blink effects rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Charge attacks is iirc useless for Dendro Keqing because the bonus doesn't apply to charge, only normals and burst.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, is this game really good at dripfeeding "Hey, what is that over there" areas and challenges until oops its been a few hours.

And I am still farting around in Monstad. From what I hear the stuff they have added since is even better.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yeah I think it's generally agreed upon that the island nature of Inazuma along with every island basically starting you off with hazards that severely limit what you can explore or do until you've finished a bunch of time gated quests made Inazuma much more taxing to explore. Even from the moment you get there you're basically relegated to Ritou for the first hour or so. There's just a lot more contiguous land that you're relatively free to explore.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kale posted:

Yeah I think it's generally agreed upon that the island nature of Inazuma along with every island basically starting you off with hazards that severely limit what you can explore or do until you've finished a bunch of time gated quests made Inazuma much more taxing to explore. Even from the moment you get there you're basically relegated to Ritou for the first hour or so. There's just a lot more contiguous land that you're relatively free to explore.

I am a bit unclear about what I should be taking from this. Basically, there is some annoying stuff in Inazuma?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

inazuma is very densely designed and there's a lot of random hazards you have to go through a story quest to clear on each island, rather than just being able to go to a place and explore. however its only one country out of four so its not that big a deal.

i wouldnt worry about it until youre there, and even once youre there all you have to know to do is clear the sidequests/main quest first.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

inazuma is very densely designed and there's a lot of random hazards you have to go through a story quest to clear on each island, rather than just being able to go to a place and explore. however its only one country out of four so its not that big a deal.

i wouldnt worry about it until youre there, and even once youre there all you have to know to do is clear the sidequests/main quest first.

Ah, that is what I mostly do, albeit with frequent detours around the path I take to do objectives.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Ah, that is what I mostly do, albeit with frequent detours around the path I take to do objectives.
yeah, you should be fine then, its only really egregious when its stuff like 'you have to clear this long story chain to unlock the boss of the area,' inazuma loves that which makes it annoying if youre trying to level up raiden or whoever, but theyre quests you should clear anyway so its not the end of the world

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The only really annoying Inazuma thing imho is the 7 day real life time gated quest on Tatarasuna to clear out the Baalthunder.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

The only really annoying Inazuma thing imho is the 7 day real life time gated quest on Tatarasuna to clear out the Baalthunder.

I liked it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

FractalSandwich posted:

It does (even though it floats!), but you can't climb on it for the Geoculi that expect you to stand on the Traveller's rock for some extra height.

That's why you bring Keqing everywhere.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Is the 'Gladiator's Finale' set best in slot for anyone? I'm tempted to convert all of them and I can't remember ever seeking that set out.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You get Gladiator's and Wanderer's from every single world boss that drops ascension items. That's why you have so many. From what I recall, the 2-piece (+15% ATK) is pretty good for characters who don't have a specific 4-piece to aim for, but maybe that's changed as more and more sets get added.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

That's why you bring Keqing everywhere.
Alright Marie Antoinette. I'm stuck using the Wind Catcher.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

You get Gladiator's and Wanderer's from every single world boss that drops ascension items. That's why you have so many. From what I recall, the 2-piece (+15% ATK) is pretty good for characters who don't have a specific 4-piece to aim for, but maybe that's changed as more and more sets get added.
even if they do have a specific 4 piece to aim for, 2-piece gladiator's and then 2 piece of whatever elemental damage bonus they are is like the 3rd best artifact set for 90% of the cast.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in terms of who 4 piece gladiators is good for

can use it if you dont wanna farm their mainset: diluc, razor, eula, noelle, xinyan
is actually their best in slot: ayato

that said i would recommend going through the gladiator pieces you have and saving anything with an obviously good statline because you can always use it as an off-piece.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

You'll also probably get more glad/wanderer's pieces that just have good stats because you get so many from doing other things. You can be more picky with what to save, but like if you see one with double crit save it, especially if it has another useful stat.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Show me your weird abyss teams.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

What’s the hyperbloom team you’ve been running? I’ve had Yae/Bloomine/Kokomi/Kaz but it gets kinda messy with the amount of reactions. Also I’m always down for an excuse to play Keqing. Blink effects rule.

Keqing/koko/fischl/collei.

I'm sure theres better teams, but I don't have a ton of character choices besides for electro, and I'm not doing abyss stuff

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Looks like Barbara's interaction is a bug
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/xi1kjo/looks_like_the_barbara_bloom_bug_is_currently/

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Zenostein posted:

It does, but you'll sorta need geo traveler for puzzles in liyue, so don't just leave them on the bench at level 10, you'll just end up annoyed when you have to swap them in and hope a stray hilchurl doesn't one-shot them later on.

Unless ninguang's wall counts as weight for those weight switches? But I'd hate to try and aim that, it was hard enough doing so with zhongli.

Like everyone said, 4*s are generally perfectly fine. One small thing I'd look at is stuff like their passives. For example, childe's got that "free +1 normal attack talent" passive, which is probably a nice thing to have if you're mostly hitting stuff until they die, rather than blasting skills and bursts everywhere. Most passives are just crafting-related; some people have neat stuff, but that's locked behind ascensions. Still, worth taking a second to look at, I'd say.

Off the top of my head, Ninguang's wall, Zhongli's pillar, and Amber's Baron Bunny all work, although obviously Baron Bunny has a shorter time limit.

Oh hey. I bet Itto's Ushi also works. If so, "a small rocking bull" is easily the coolest option for weighing down switches.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

they work for smaller switches but the larger ones require zhongli's pillars or the traveller's rocks. the others fill the switch "halfway"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Excelzior posted:

they work for smaller switches but the larger ones require zhongli's pillars or the traveller's rocks. the others fill the switch "halfway"

you can still press the heavy pads by putting down two half-weight things, or one plus a playable character

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Love when you get an artifact with perfect substats for a certain character and it still manages to be crap by getting the lowest possible upgrades. Meanwhile some crap crit circlet with 3 flat bonuses remains one of my best crit circlets since forever because 23% crit dmg and 66 flat atk comes out ahead. There are some characters like Ning and Yanfei who benefit meaningfully from flat ATK.

This was meant for Yelan :eng99:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

Love when you get an artifact with perfect substats for a certain character and it still manages to be crap by getting the lowest possible upgrades. Meanwhile some crap crit circlet with 3 flat bonuses remains one of my best crit circlets since forever because 23% crit dmg and 66 flat atk comes out ahead. There are some characters like Ning and Yanfei who benefit meaningfully from flat ATK.

This is why emblem is op. You can give that to Xiangling instead. Granted if Xiangling already has a better fether yeah then it's tough.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Captain France posted:

Off the top of my head, Ninguang's wall, Zhongli's pillar, and Amber's Baron Bunny all work, although obviously Baron Bunny has a shorter time limit.

Oh hey. I bet Itto's Ushi also works. If so, "a small rocking bull" is easily the coolest option for weighing down switches.

He does, but the way Ushi can kinda bounce makes it a pain, and he goes away pretty quick too. You just want to use Geo Traveler for them really.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

That’s still an ok piece. Like No Wave said, someone will want it. I have as ESoF 4 piece on collei until Deepwood cooperates with me. It works alright.

Kale
May 14, 2010

This kind of feels like a power move by getting Genshin Impact on the front page of Famitsu. In case some are unfamiliar with Famitsu, my take on it is that it's a Japanese video game news/marketing magazine with a tremendous amount of influence on the Japanese gaming scene, it's perceptions of titles, and it's consumer habits. They've been around for decades, originally starting out to cover news surrounding the Famicom Gaming System (aka Nintendo Entertainment System) and tend to take an extremely favorable bordering on nationalistic view towards promotional consideration for Japanese developed and/or published games. Especially ones by huge publishers that give them lots of money like Square Enix, Nintendo or Capcom. They also often score some of the games from these favored publishers controversially way higher than outfits in the West. They don't have a super great reputation outside Japan anymore these days really because of this rather obvious trend and tend to be considered a laughing stock, but in Japan Famitsu is still taken very seriously and is the number 1 gaming magazine by a long shot.

Anyway Back in the pre-HD days when Japanese dominance of the gaming scene was largely uncontested abroad, they used to have a reputation for being very tough scorers and it being almost impossible for a game to get a perfect let alone a particularly high score out of their panels, but have recently seemed to take a similar path to Guiness World Records where to stay relevant they just kind of seem to sell ad space and give glowing consideration and PR to the highest bidders and partnered companies. Obviously Mihoyo paid good money for this and has a working relationship with them, but like it still kind of feels like a cultural coup and slight shift if you get how the mindset works on pan-Asian relations. The only other foreign games I can think of that Famitsu has really given marketing consideration towards and that it possibly had a hand in getting people to accept more over there are ones by giganto publishers like Activision with Call of Duty or Rockstar Games with some GTA stuff and possibly only because they were published by Square Enix in Japan which Famitsu gives the most consideration too aside from probably Nintendo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I got a double-crit Gladiator feather the other day that ended up with only like 3% crit rate but 32% crit damage, and my immediate reaction was to be really disappointed because my DPS characters mostly need more crit rate and I have a lot of 20%+ crit damage artifacts. But poo poo that's a lot of crit damage and I am certain I will one day be really glad I have that feather.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
People weren't kidding. Trying to finish the Aranyaka blind is ridiculous. I wonder if I'll be done before 3.1 launched. I was feeling pretty good about it after finishing the main questline but after stumbling onto 2 completely unmarked quest segments by pure chance I'm not so sure anymore.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
remember to electrify the dang tower viewing glasses. i would have never known to do this unless some goon mentioned it

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lazy_Liberal posted:

remember to electrify the dang tower viewing glasses. i would have never known to do this unless some goon mentioned it

Where does the game mention this?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Why would the game mention anything?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Where does the game mention this?
I'm pretty sure the tutorial that everyone just mashes through mentions that, much like the other puzzle objects in Sumeru, applying Electro or Pyro to them does something, but it doesn't say what.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I guess everything that has the little white fuzzy dudes attached to them can be affected by electro/dendro/pyro? The rocks don't have the fuzzy dudes I don't think, but electro just makes them go up even higher (which seems pointless)

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

MoonCrab posted:

People weren't kidding. Trying to finish the Aranyaka blind is ridiculous. I wonder if I'll be done before 3.1 launched. I was feeling pretty good about it after finishing the main questline but after stumbling onto 2 completely unmarked quest segments by pure chance I'm not so sure anymore.

lol

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I did it by accident and had no idea why I was suddenly being told to look for an aranara until I saw a comment about it somewhere.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I guess everything that has the little white fuzzy dudes attached to them can be affected by electro/dendro/pyro? The rocks don't have the fuzzy dudes I don't think, but electro just makes them go up even higher (which seems pointless)

Really? That's probably sorta handy for climbing or something, although it's on the same level as "jump on mushroom, swear a bunch because you're not high enough, plunge down onto mushroom so you stop jumping, switch to electro, jump again."

MoonCrab posted:

You don't know the half of it. I found another hidden quest when I was looking to see how to further drain the water in a cave, which mentioned the quest. Then I looked to see if there was a quest tied to the eremite forts, and there's one there, too (although that might also require tignari's quest? It touches on something from that.). That quest is another fine place to get killed in a cutscene, by the way. Really wish there was a proper counter for poo poo like those, or the aranara in the world, rather than "just follow a map to see which ones you haven't done."

Incidentally, turns out if you die in a cutscene/one of those stupid VN-rear end health meter conversations, Barbara's c6 won't trigger. How annoying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Incoherence posted:

I'm pretty sure the tutorial that everyone just mashes through mentions that, much like the other puzzle objects in Sumeru, applying Electro or Pyro to them does something, but it doesn't say what.

It does specifically say you apply electro to them to find stuff.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Yeah, the Tri-whatever creatures that make up a bunch of stuff in sumeru. They have a normal state, an activated state (electro) and a scorched state (pyro). You can also basically shut the lenses off by hitting it with pyro, there's just no point in doing it afaik.

After a point I literally just started hitting everything I could interact with with electro and pyro to see what would happen if it didn't say anything outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

The giant Araana quest chains should get you most of the way to level 2 rep.